All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Anyone like this?

MNMax21

I don't think I am going to get too involved in the theme creating right now, due to the impending release of evolution. I'd like to wait until that comes out to venture into it further. However, I was dabbling around with an Atari 2600 theme. I love krakerman's one, so I am not sure if I'll even use this. I just thought I'd make something that seems to look like 1977. The video snaps would show up on the old school TV on the right, the game list would be over the dated Atari poster and the game box art (title) would be located in the lunch pail lying on the floor.

Anyone know of anything else that I should add. I put some star wars figures on the TV as the 2600 and star wars were released in the same time frame.

I am thinking I would put the menu across the top and the high score scroll along the bottom.

post-9407-0-96875400-1413399169_thumb.pn

• Like 5

I think it's pretty neat MNMax. I always thought it would be kind of neat to have a theme that incorporated elements of the time period for which each corresponding system was popular. I think your theme is very much in keeping with that line of thought. Nice job!

There are a couple areas I'd clean up a bit (there's a black bar in the lower left corner, some jaggies around the TV screen, and a very slight black bar under the Atari poster), but overall I think this is a really neat concept, with a solid vision. Nice work! :)

Looks pretty cool man! One thing i would change is remove the black place holder for the boxart, because if you get any slight variation you will see the black behind the boxart/title. Also, as a personal preference i would alter your color levels slightly like so (done real fast, would spend more time on it if was mine ;) ):

post-6865-0-35116600-1413410567_thumb.jp

But i am a nitpicker :P

You should try and create atleast a semi working theme - it'll be good practice and you'll probably learn some things along the way. Only the top dogs have any idea when Evo may arrive and so that could be anywhen really :)