All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mapfiles: Minor Documentation Error or Bug

RedDog

When I was setting up one of my emulators, I decided to use a mapfile. The tooltip and instructions link in the Setup Wizard state that the name to the right of the pipe should be enclosed in quotes. However, when I viewed the game list in GameEx, the quotes were also displayed.

When I removed the quotes from the mapfile, it appears to work fine, so I assume that the tooltip/instructions are incorrect. Either that or GameEx is not parsing out the quotes when displaying the list.

If it matters, the theme I am using is "Blue as the Sky".

OK, that explains it. I did not read the description closely enough. My fault.

I had at one time created some mapfiles for a different GameEx installation. At that time, I used the Rom Name | List Name format. When I created the new mapfile for the recent installation, I saw the notation about the need for quotations and jumped to the (incorrect) conclusion that I needed BOTH the pipe and the quotes.

Sorry for the false alarm. I thought I came across a documentation error and just wanted to report it.