All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Can i use Hyperlaunch with GameEx???

retroboy

Hello to everyone, and thank´s to let me join to the forums, im from spain and very new to the GameEx Frontend.

I know a little bit about Hyperspin and his functions but nothing about this yet.

Without being a pain :) can someone please help me out?, or point me to a nice tutorial where i can learn how to use and setup Hyperlaunch with GameEx?

I had a look on the internet, and used the search option on the forums, but can´t find nothing specific.

Help will be very apriciated

PS: Sorry for my bad english, im trying my best

Thx :P

Any specific reason you wish to use HyperlLaunch with Game Ex? In short, yes, HyperLanuch (from what I understand) can be used with Game Ex, but I couldn't begin to tell you how to set it up as I have not attempted it before. I have HyperLaunch working beautify with HyperSpin, so I never saw a reason (or benefit) for using it with GE.

Game EX works a lot differently than HyperSpin and has a nice setup wizard for getting things up and running (much like HyperLaunch does for HyperSpin).

Hello and thank´s for the reply, the first thing why i want to use it, is because of the bezels i like the way hyperlaunch manage all this, second i use Retroarch manly for all my games because off the way i can use the filters i think it is a fantastic emulator, HyperPause is a nother cool feature.

But on the other hand, i don´t know yet about the potencial of GameEx or any of the cool stuff you can do with it.

Can you use any emulator with it?

Mmmmm i think i need to play arround with it, ¿so basicly you set everything up from the wizzard setup?

Hello and thank´s for the reply, the first thing why i want to use it, is because of the bezels i like the way hyperlaunch manage all this, second i use Retroarch manly for all my games because off the way i can use the filters i think it is a fantastic emulator, HyperPause is a nother cool feature.

But on the other hand, i don´t know yet about the potencial of GameEx or any of the cool stuff you can do with it.

Can you use any emulator with it?

Mmmmm i think i need to play arround with it, ¿so basicly you set everything up from the wizzard setup?

Yes, you can use any emulator with it. I also use RetroArch for it's in game gui, save state feature etc. No need to hook up a keyboard on my HTPC. Even if there isn't a "template" for RetroArch in GameEx, it is very easy to setup. Just do the following steps:

- Open RetroArch

- Choose your core (example: bsnes for snes)

- Open a SNES game with the "Load Content (core)" option. Check if everything works fine.

- Then, hoose "Save to new config" from the GUI

- Put the new config file in the RetroArch\config folder and rename it to snes.cfg (for example)

- The command line for GameEx is:

"retroarch.exe "[ROMPATH\ROMFILE]" -c "E:\Emulation\Emulators\RetroArch\configs\snes.cfg" (naturally, you have to change the last folder)

You just have to repeat it for every system you want to use with RetroArch. Some cores (for example GenesisPlusX) emulate more systems, so one config file should do it. I like to have one config file per system though (It is mainly for the controller mapping. I'm using a XBOX 360 controller and RetroArch maps the A and B buttons from the GameBoy to the A and B Buttons from the XBOX360 controller. But I want them to be mapped on the A and X button. It is just a personal preference.) It works just fine in GameEx, so there is no need to use HyperLaunch. Also, if you don't want to do the config files, there is another way: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13961-retroarch-with-gameex/#entry123183

If you like using RetroArch, you should check this thread:

http://www.libretro.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=993

You can get more recent DevBuildings with a lot of cores, that aren't included in the latest, official RetroArch Version (PPSPP, Virtual Jaguar, Desmuse, 4DO etc.).

If you want to use HyperLaunch though, double click on the HyperLaunch.exe (I think it was it. Or just HL.exe). I remember that a window pops up with the command line usage. Just post the command line HyperLaunch.exe recommends and I'm sure a lot of people can help you then.

Thank´s mate, i figured out now how it works and geting in to it slooooooowly :) , still want to see if you can use bezels with it¿?, for what i have read at the moment only mame suport bezels im maby wrong with it.

(They just look realy nice on a 16:9 screen and you can keep the original aspect ratio)

(Im to used to Hyperspin :D )

A nother story that i have to figure out is the exit of the emulator without using the retroarch gui.

Still HyperLaunch got some cool loading animation features.

On the other hand, im having a bit of trouble with Hyperlaunch

I managed to do everything like you told me with retroarch, but with HyperLaunch and fighting with the Comand Line, but i am not good in this :(

What i know of HyperLaunch is that you have to tell him to look for the specific system and romname because of the XML files.

Example

"HyperLaunch.exe" "Snes" "ROMNAME"

But no luck, must be somthing else

Anyway, if i could use bezels and a nice exit with my controler im happy at the moment

Thank you ever so much for you reply ;)

Edit: Yes you are right with the HyperLaunch.exe it recomends a command line

HyperLaunch.exe SystemName RomName

But still not a clue about the formula :huh:

Thanks again :lol:

Change "rom name" to "[ROM]"

You will also need to make sure your working directory is set to Hyperlaunch's working directory in the emulator setup.

GameEx currently doesn't overlay custom bezels on emulators besides mame. However there is a pause menu that links to your art files and such. I'm not super familiar with hyperlaunch but I think that feature is more or less the same.

I have HyperLaunch running everything. Your working path points toward the the HyperLaunch.exe and your command line should look like the example below. I would refer to Hyperlaunch.net for any in depth questions.

HyperLaunch is the best as I can use multiple emulators for each system, pause screens, and the most difficult task is reading the module notes to setup each emulator correctly. Reading isn't difficult so I'm launching just about everything quickly and easily with their simple instructions. Lovin' it.

Examples:

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Working Path:

C:\HyperLaunch

Command LIne:

HyperLaunch.exe "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" "[ROM]"

Sega Saturn

Working Path:

Command LIne:

HyperLaunch.exe "Sega Saturn" "[ROM]"

Sony PlayStation 2

Working Path:

Command LIne:

HyperLaunch.exe "Sony PlayStation 2" "[ROM]"

Wow yes, thaaaaaank you very much :lol:, god that´s a kind of emberesing jaja thanks, now i can start trying things ;)

It is amazing how little things make a huge difrent, im very bad anyway when it comes to command lines.

Thank you

PS: I have read a little bit about the Evolution project and it looks realy amazing, can´t wait to see it finished, good luck

And thanks again to everyone