All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

instant sheller on windows 8.1

mikty

Hi,

I would like to knows if someone have ever use instant sheller for gameex on windows 8.1 64 bits?

does it works ? there is no return about windows 8 compatibility.

thank you for your answers, I must make my install next week .

thanks

bye

To my understanding, Instant Sheller only works for XP, Vista, and 7. Tom or one of the other developers would have to confirm this as I was wondering the same thing the other day. I'm currently running Windows 7 x64 but have been considering doing an upgrade to 8.1.

hey, i wanted to bump this, and ask if anyone ever found a solution to this? currently i have gameex set as a startup program, but it insists on starting minimized, so i figured matters well shell it for the full arcade effect. I cant find anything on new shelling programs. Any success??

You may want to refer to this topic. Also, if you wouldn't mind, please provide a copy of your gameex.ini and log.txt (Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required). Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

A few things to note. First and foremost, you may be running into some issues with WIndows 8's protection not allowing files to be properly updated. I noticed that you have MAME set to run from C:\Users\Dizzle\Documents\ - C:\Users is a protected folder. I would recommend running MAME from C:\MAME or similar path instead.

Likewise, it is generally recommended to run GameEx from C:\GameEx and set it to Run As Administrator, if you are running it from C:\Users then that may be impacting you and will need to be changed as suggested.

Secondly, and this is a temporary show stopper - you are running version 13.20 per your log.txt file. There have been quite a few enhancements/bug fixes leading up to the current version 13.32.

So lets fix these issues and see if they remedy your problem. If not, please provide updated gameex.ini and log.txt files and we will go forward from there.

• Like 1

Are you running Windows 8? I ask as that is not showing in the newest log file.

edit: I am thinking that the gameex.exe is not set to "run as administrator." Can you confirm this?

• Like 1