All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

directb2s backglass and table not exiting pinballX

jaharr01

Okay here is my problem. I had pinballX setup with the prior version of pinballx and it was working fine exiting properly with FP and VP. I set up DOF and upgraded to the latest version and then I started having problems. the db2s back glass wasn't closing but the pinball x menu would come up the table in vp was minimizing , but when I would start another table the back glass wouldnt ecit and it would start another VP instance o top of that one, which screws everything up. I have got to fix this it is driving me craxy.

My set up is an A8 with windows 8.1, 8gb ram with an ssd. It is a 3 screen setup. I have FP and VP running in pinballx.I have a nanotech plunger board as my encoder.

SetupWizard.xml

log (1).txt

Visual Pinball.xml

Hey Tom It appears to be a failure of pinballx not exiting VP.Whatever it is causing this,whether the pinmame support or whatever it doesn't shut down VP, when u load another game the prior backglass comes up. I put an led clear file in the scripts and run it on exit. Also I used the hold exit button down feature and that didn't work.I hate to leave 1.87 because of the online integration that saves time finding artwork, but the frontend is unusable in this state. Could you give me a link to 1.85 so I can revert or do I have to uninstall and reinstall. I know its not a problem that is just mine from reading the earlier posts. It may have something to do with DOF and pinballx because thats when the problem started. I ran the file you gave me it made no difference.

Jay

Hey Tom, do you care to give me a link to the full install of 1.85. That flash exe program didn't change it back,or i'm not doing something right, I need to uninstall and reinstall the full version. I'm going to systematically uninstall and reinstall the software till I find out what it was. I will reinstall 1.87 first and make sure it just didn't need a reinstall. then I will uninstall and reinstall VP, Finally if that doesn't work then I will uninstall and install 1.85. Thanks for your prompt response. I hope I get it fixed.

Jay

no. and I have thought about this from every angle. The root problem is that VP is not shutting down with 1 keystroke. VP is designed to return to the menu i.e. return to editor,resume game, and debug.before pinballx bypassed this with one key stroke from pinballx. That is the issue. There is a commonality with other pinballx users since the last release, although that could be coincidental. Regarding my setup something caused pinballx to not exit to properly via the exit command . Whether it is pinballx or vp , I am unsure. I think the only route is to start unistalling and reinstalling each part one at a time,

Tom, Ive been having this problem as well. Just found the update to 1.88 and installed it. Still gives me a virtual pinball has encountered a problem error upon game exit. I DO notice this is when exiting with a usb controller instead of the esc key on the keyboard. With the ESC key I can exit all day with no issues. but EVERY TIME I use my exit button (wired to buton 9 on my controller) it fails.

Is there any way to change the script to function the same way when hitting the exit button?

Thanks

Para

Tom, Ive been having this problem as well. Just found the update to 1.88 and installed it. Still gives me a virtual pinball has encountered a problem error upon game exit. I DO notice this is when exiting with a usb controller instead of the esc key on the keyboard. With the ESC key I can exit all day with no issues. but EVERY TIME I use my exit button (wired to buton 9 on my controller) it fails.

Is there any way to change the script to function the same way when hitting the exit button?

Thanks

Para

Is your controller also mapped to keyboard commands? ie: through joy2key or something like that? If that is the case, I recommend removing the joystick input setups from the pinballx settings.

-Mike

• 4 weeks later...