All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Picking a Random Game from Favorites (or any subset of games) Rather Than Entire Library

digitalton

I have tried searching through the forums on this, and from what I have read, it seems that this is currently not possible, so it may be a feature request, but I wanted to make sure.

Is there a way to select a random game only from your favorites list? I know the screensaver has this functionality, but the issue is that you then cannot go in and play the game.

I have not found a way to get 'random' to do this, and if there is a workaround of some sort, I have not come across it yet. Thanks so much!

Thanks for the quick response. I thought about trying that, and when I did, it would retain the bar at the bottom with the game title and graphic, plus, it would exit once I hit other buttons.

Beyond that, and more importantly, I have 6 other emulated systems with around 200 games that are also in my favorites / play in the screensaver that this would not work for.

And while I too love to find my favorites to play and go get them, I want this option because I have a plan for this quick 1 on 1 game night, where all of my favorites are quick 1 on 1 style games, across multiple emulators. A few people will come over, and then 2 of them will face off on a random game, the loser hands the controls to the next player and another random game is played.

I was thinking this would be a quick thing to get done, but perhaps not, any other ideas?

Thanks again!

What you could do is one player randomly wiggles the stick up n down, while a second player looks away and presses the select button after some time. There is an option somewhere in GameEx that lets you have looping menus, so they return to the top or bottom of list instead of stopping. Not a very elegant solution i know but should be enough to randomly choose games ^_^