All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Trying to add ppsspp?

ibleedspeed

So I attepmtpted to follow a guide I found here for adding emulators that are not in the gameex list... the guide implied that I should get to the emulator setup list in the config wizard and click on a blank emulator space which will bring up the emulator setup boxes.... however when i click on a blank space all it does is fill or unfill the checkbox...what am I missing?

okay so Im not command line savvy how would I go about adding this emulator? when I hover over the command line box in the emulator setup a popup with instructions appears but unless I was flash gordan there is no way to read it since it disappears in about 3 seconds... :) I have configured the emulator and created the folder for it in the emulators folder and created the roms folder with the roms ready to go....just need the command line for it...

dont quite think I understand what the "working path" is either...

Disregaurd last post that worked like a champ thanks again. only problem now is with ppsspp... latest version freezes every time when trying to close the emulator.... at least for me it does which it didnt before last update.. anyhow I guess it probably takes another command line to kill the emulator when I press escape? how would I go about doing that?

On the Advanced Emulator Setup screen in the Setup Wizard, try selecting [Mapping Off] Exit (Alt+F4) under the Advanced Config setting. If you don't see that option listed in the dropdown for that setting (I can't remember whether that config is something that I added myself at some point), close the Setup Wizard, and add the attached file to the ...\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS directory. Then reopen the Setup Wizard and change the Advanced Config as described above. Hopefully that should close the emulator via the specified keyboard shortcut (i.e. PPSSPP should close just fine using Alt+F4, but you might want to verify that during normal gameplay just in case)

Mapping Off Exit (ALT+F4).ini

• Like 2

On the Advanced Emulator Setup screen in the Setup Wizard, try selecting [Mapping Off] Exit (Alt+F4) under the Advanced Config setting. If you don't see that option listed in the dropdown for that setting (I can't remember whether that config is something that I added myself at some point), close the Setup Wizard, and add the attached file to the ...\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS directory. Then reopen the Setup Wizard and change the Advanced Config as described above. Hopefully that should close the emulator via the specified keyboard shortcut (i.e. PPSSPP should close just fine using Alt+F4, but you might want to verify that during normal gameplay just in case)

good tip.... I did try the alt f4 with ppsspp which also feezes it... ahh well its probably fixed in a nightly buid just need to go check it out...

Hmm ... that one works for me, but I'm using the latest stable build. It might also be worth trying [Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close) as your Advanced Config setting.

probably something in my settings for ppsspp... I do ramp up the graphics settings like crazy... I5 3570k and gtx 680 lightning dont break a sweat for anything...lol..

onto the next question...is there a scraper or some mass renaming app that can rename all my psp,ps2,ps1 ect games? I downloaded the boxart for psp from emumovies and mapped the paths to them in the emulator config but nothing shows Im guessing because of the incorrect naming conventions... manual renaming all my iso,cso files ect would be silly... I have a fully scraped set of mame roms but these other roms are dirty...any help is appreciated..

Likely you are not going to get away from some renaming. Tempest created an app that might help called Perfect Match that may be of help.

Thanks. seems like a cool app unfortunately the art isnt what needs renaming its the roms...the art came from emumovies so I would like to go ahead and keep their naming conventions...wow I just realized what a huge nightmare that is...lol..

Thanks. seems like a cool app unfortunately the art isnt what needs renaming its the roms...the art came from emumovies so I would like to go ahead and keep their naming conventions...wow I just realized what a huge nightmare that is...lol..

If you could find a PSP DAT file that matched your set, you could rename everything in a snap using ClrMamePro (or another similar app RomCenter being the other popular one). It looks like No-Intro does have a DAT for PSP (check the Custom DATs section), but it would certainly be up in the air as to whether the CRCs of your disc images would be a match to the one in the No-Intro DAT. It's worth a shot! (although I would make a copy of a few images to run against first just to make sure CMP wasn't going to mess anything up). If you were able to successfully rename everything with the the No-Intro DAT, it would likely have the benefit of being virtually guaranteed match to EmuMovies artwork naming.

If I could chime in here for a second :P I also wanted to add that if you edit any CD image file name that has a .cue file (Sony Playstation for example) You'll have to edit the .cue file internally as well using notepad. Set your .cue files to open with notepad, then you'll be able to see the text contained in the .cue file.

So if your Gran Turismo .cue file looks like this:

FILE "Gran Turismo (U).bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

and your change your ROM name to this: Gran Turismo (USA)

Then your .cue file should be editied to match the new ROM name like so...

FILE "Gran Turismo (USA).bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

All of my PSX images are in .bin\.cue format, and I had to manually edit these things and it took a long time to do a complete set :) Simply renaming your ROM names will cause problems as the .cue files contain info/data on the music tracks in your PSX images. The music will be "choppy" or won't play at all if these aren't edited correctly. Once you made an edit to the .cue file, simply save and exit. Good luck!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

IMGBurn is awesome. I've never specifically done what you're describing, but I have created CUE/BIN images from physical discs using ImgBurn. Generally ImgBurn will create a matched CUE/BIN set, depending on the format of your source disc (which is to say, if it creates a CUE/BIN image at all the separate files should be sympatico). You might check the file creation time stamp on your images to see whether they are the same for the BIN and CUE. If they are, I would say you're golden.

IMGBurn is awesome, as nullPointer said. However, it doesn't properly create .cue files for PSX games unless your using the program to rip the disc yourself. Let me explain:

If you've "acquired" a PSX image file and your .cue file has errors, it's better to go in and manually edit the .cue sheet rather than use IMGBurn to simply make a new one for you. IMGBurn won't detect the music track placement and you'll end up with .cue sheets with NO track listing, rendering your newly created .cue file useless. Using IMGBurn to rip the discs yourself, seems to work great, as I've done just about every PSX game I own using the program without any problems.

Another program I use quite often is ISOBuster. Many PSX games are being ripped in .img format as well (.ccd/.img/.sub) With ISOBuster, you can open the .ccd file, and choose to extract raw disc image to iso. or .bin/cue format. I've done this with many PSX images I've acquired and found it to work perfectly. That's how I maintain a complete single .bin/.cue PSX set. Never convert a PSX disc to .iso, BIN/CUE is the way to go. Or just keep the disc in .img format, as that is supposed to be a 1:1 copy of the actual PSX game disc.

My post above wasn't actually in reference to PSP but rather an earlier post about renaming PSX images. I've seen ppl go through the hassle so many times of renaming only to have a broken set because they didn't edit the .cue sheets, was simply trying to save someone all that trouble.

• Like 1