All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Black screen appears and disappears

alexdelarge

Hi guys,

Something odd is happening with my GameEx and MAME setup. When I press the 'Esc' button while MAME is active, this action kills MAME and GameEx will re-appear. No problem with that, this is how it should be, right?

But sometimes, after exiting MAME and going back to Gameex, the screen will go black temporary. After about two seconds, GameEx re-appears again. Two seconds later, a black screen again. This repeats itself continuously. During the black screen, the controls do not work, only during the seconds when GameEx appears.

Has anyone a clue what causes this? It does not happen all time btw.

If you don't mind, can you provide us with copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt right after that happens? (Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required). Thanks!

The alternating between the GameEx screen and the black screen just happened again. I included the gameex.ini and log.txt. The alternating between the screens does not happen everytime I exit MAME, only once in a while. Maybe that I press some button combination during gaming that triggers something?

GameEx.ini

log.txt

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't have a definitive answer four you. From the lack of responses, I don't think anyone else does either.

You will probably need to figure this out yourself, because I don't remember ever seeing this behavior before.

I would:

1. Try a different theme.
  2. Disable all plugins.
  3. Try a different resolution, or set GameEx to not change the resolution.
  4. Eliminate -autosave -full_screen_brightness 1.1 -cheat from your mame options.

I'm not sure if any of the above will help, but we are shooting in the dark here, aren't we?

Okay, so no clear solution... Thanks anyway Tempest for looking into the files. I'll eliminate the suggested mame options, maybe that helps. If that does not help, I will try the other suggestions you made. Again, thank you.