All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] v13.29 - GameEx not finding installed Origin Games

Draco1962

@Tom - here are my log.txt and gameex.ini files

log.txt gameex.ini

I am signed into Origin and have 8 games installed and playable from my Origin My Games section. Here is an exerpt from the log.txt file:

18:01:08.1  9/2/2014:  Checking if Origin enabled18:01:08.1  9/2/2014:  Cannot find any installed origin games

Also, I noticed a prompt when attempting to update from GameEx right as the installer was starting to install that read "Rolling back changes..." I am not sure if it is an issue with the autoupdates on my end or if anyone else has encountered this. I was able to install it via download.

I can confirm similar behavior. I am signed into Origin but I only have one Origin game installed. I have a similar log entry to what Draco describes above.

18:56:11.3 9/2/2014: Checking if Origin enabled
18:56:11.3 9/2/2014: Cannot find any installed origin games

I don't think I had a rollback message from the installer though. At any rate here's my support files.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Okay. We will give the manual way a try.

I will need the following:

A list of the contents of the folders in C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent

The .msft files in the above if they exist.

List of root folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games (Or wherever your Origin game install path is)

C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\Client_Log.txt

An export of this registry key and below. Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\OriginGames (Wont have Wow6432Node if not 64 bit windows)

installerdata.xml in __Installer for each of your installed games.

If any of this does not exist please let me know.

Please supply.

It discovered Origin and displayed a partial list of the games -

I own: Battlefield 1942, 2142 Battlefield Deluxe Edition, Battlefield 3, Dead Space, Need for Speed World, Peggle, Plants vs. Zombies GoTY Edition, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Displayed: Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 3, Dead Space, Need for Speed World, Peggle, Plants vs. Zombies GoTY Edition, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

However, the snaps for Battlefield 4 show up for The Sims 2, and no sign of 2142 Battlefield.

Here are the Client_Log.txt and log.txt files

Client_Log.txt log.txt

I deleted the folder and ini as you suggested and installed the latest gameex.exe. The incorrect snaps and info for Battlefield 4 no longer shows for The SIms 2. No game bio information nor snaps show. I can launch it via Play This Game, however.

I noticed that the map file showed two entries of Dead Space so I deleted it along with the orign.ini and the Origin media folder. I also removed the origin (emu_1003) cache file to be certain. Everything is good now - no duplicate entries, and Battlefield 2142 now shows.

Its a shame that the data/media doesn't show for the freebies no longer in the store, but I know you can only work with what EA Origin provides.

Thanks again!