All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Problem version 1.87 ledwiz and exit

berk104

good afternoon, I have installed the new version 1.87 and encounter two problems.
1- to leave the table the lights are on with the led-wiz, with version 1.85 runing ok
2 would have to be able to change the seconds to leave the table or if possible use the same button to pause
thanks for the work that you realize

I've never had ledwiz clear on exit through pinballx..I've always ran clear script on table exit are you using new dof? I did notice if running physics mod exe even with clear script it sticks sometimes so added more delay to script and now works Everytime

Gosh randr I thought you had fixed that months ago ... I am in the same boat as the OP ... 1.85 worked flawless, now sometimes the tables will exit correctly and sometimes it will hang at black screen ...alt tab will not get me out either and ctrl,alt,del will take a while to come up when that happens ... I would have to say that about 50% of the time the ledwiz will not shut down correctly.

How about the with check box for count down enabled you get a pause screen and then it says under Pause "hold button to exit" make this a 3 second countdown timer and we will have our pause back and the VP will be able to exit properly and shut down the ledwiz. If you do not enable the countdown to exit feature you get the immediate exit feature.

I liked the old way in 1.85 better ... I guess now I will have to assign a different button to the pause game? As of right now I can not pause a game at all and I remember that it was a few post here before we all found the right button combo that worked properly.

I really thought that the pinmame DMD would be cool but so far I am unimpressed sorry to say ... half of the games are single line or old style block letter type and do not look good on the DMD at all, and of the other half of the DMD's; 25% of those are always looking for missing balls because the table is not actually running so they do nothing for the 45 second preview I have set. This can all be fixed by me in the end I know but now I have to find the time to do it all again.

I have also noticed that now there seems to be some micro stutter in the flyby videos of FX2 and also the scrolling of the tables that was also not present before and I did read in a few posts that it was noted by others as well.

thanks for your time.

I've never had ledwiz clear on exit through pinballx..I've always ran clear script on table exit are you using new dof? I did notice if running physics mod exe even with clear script it sticks sometimes so added more delay to script and now works Everytime

Could you point me to where I can find this clear script? Do you just trigger it to run when VP exits?

sure.

This link has 2 files. I have a real dmd so i also need to clear that but modded file for only ledwiz clear. put both these files in whatever folder you want but i just put them in pinballx\scripts folder. setup to run after and should clear you may need to add delay or sleep commands but let me know and i can provide it if needed

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/akksoeolat1brc0/AACMHCAacVTpFTSDeQR9GH8xa?dl=0

• Like 1

The script unfortunately didn't work for me randr. I get the error message from the vbs script (Error: Unable to initialize LEDWiz or Pac-Drive. Verify that the OCX or DLL is registered and the board is connected.). Any thoughts? I'm using both a LEDWiz and a Sainsmart device.

Tom, what do you mean by 'the feature'?

The script unfortunately didn't work for me randr. I get the error message from the vbs script (Error: Unable to initialize LEDWiz or Pac-Drive. Verify that the OCX or DLL is registered and the board is connected.). Any thoughts? I'm using both a LEDWiz and a Sainsmart device.

Tom, what do you mean by 'the feature'?

mmmh you use a saintsmart and a ledwiz ist the exit problem only on the Ledwiz or its the same on the Saintsmart

wich ID have your Ledwiz?

I found the issue. Let me know if the attached fixes it.

Thanks.

Tom.

The LedWiz issue still remains ... the problem is not fixed with the attached exe.

thank you

log.txtPinballX.ini

so now I seem to be having a problem loading tables after the first one going to go back to the older 1.87 I have saved ...

The old way of exiting a table that paused the game and gave you a menu of things you could select.

What happened to pausing the game?

thank you

ok you will see in the logs posted above that the last 3 tries at loading a table end up with a vp loading screen unresponsive untill I press the exit button.

That was a strange thing to happen ... I could launch the tables fine in VP but not in PBX after the first one ... I went back to the 1.87 release exe and rebooted the computer and now things are working again.

It seems that if I hold the exit button for a second instead of tapping it to exit the LedWiz will shut off the lights most of the time ... but not every time.

The old way of pausing the game is still there. Its the ingame key/button. Also the count down exit is an option and is turned off by default.

Id like to see what results others have as other than the "optional" Exit countdown and "optional" PinMAME support everything else should be the same.

Actually, sorry I think I found what I broke. Please try the attached.

That one is still not shutting down the lights from the LedWiz

I played for a while and the wife played for a few games ... left it sit for a while (2 hours) came back to it and went to load FunHouse and it would load the game but it was unresponsive to input or I should say very laggy>>> slow. I could put credits in but not play it would just reset the rom after I hit start .... like PBX was not releasing the rom file? Two programs trying to access and write to it? I also noticed a log in popup and sound for the online and that was very slow. Is it timing out after a few hours of Idle cab time? ....So I left PBX and just went into VP and same thing now ... I had to delete the registry entry for that game ... other games are working ok. So I tried to duplicate it and yes I can duplicate it .... I can not have the ROM attached to the DMD on that particular game in PBX. If I do it will mess up the registry every time.

Sorry this is becoming a mess ... any suggestions? I am going back to the 1.87 release for now. Thanks Tom for looking into this.