All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Daphne Singe Batch Files Question or any Batch file help :)

Yarselph

Hi again!

Ok I have searched around, and can't seem to find the answer to this one, and I am sure it is there.

After a lot of effort I was able to get Daphne Singe working for my two fav games Mad Dog 1 and 2 :)

I have been reading around the forums and I understand I can get these to launch via batch files, which I have created and work fine out of gameex.

My question is, where the heck do I tell GameEx how to launch them? If I do it as an additional rom in Daphne, I don't see where to tell it to use the batch file I created.

Is there a place I am missing or a configuration option I am not seeing?

At the lowest level, I need to understand where to setup a new Emulator that will just launch games via Batch files.

Any help or links to documentation would be appreciated!

In digging further, I see there is an American Laser Games Database, but again, no setup for the emulator. I can make a new Emulator and select the database, but I don't see where to list the batch files needed so I can setup the games.

Maybe I have gone off in a tangent with this, or, I am very dumb and completely missing something obvious? (That's the most likely answer) :)

Lol we were all there at one point, my friend!

Getting GameEx to start any game requiring batch files is rather simple. The way I configured my American Laserdisc Games to launch via GameEx was - I created shortcut (.lnk) files for each batch file (Mad Dog, Mad Dog 2, etc) and kept them in the American Laserdisc root folder. Then I created a new emulator in the Setup Wizard...

The exe path and the ROM path will be the same folder and will "point to" the American Laserdisc folder (where your batch files and shortcuts are).

Under the filter (I think its the line under ROM path)...type in - .lnk

(Showing GameEx to filter out all other files except for ones with .lnk extensions...shortcuts lol)

Command line will be "[Rompath]\[Romfile]"

Basically, what this does, is tells GameEx to launch the shortcuts. I'm not in front of my arcade at the moment to go a little more in depth, but I should be in about 8 or 9 hours from now. If you have any issues, please let me know and I'll look at my setup tonight and give ya a more detailed tutorial :-).

I hope this helps any!

LC

• Like 2