All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How do I edit the control panel in the theme editor?

RIP-Felix

I need to edit the default controls layout in the editor for a vertical theme I'm making. On Headkaze's website there is a picture of this http://headsoft.com.au/images/gxthemeeditor11.png

I don't have a control panel layout in my template window. Is there supposed to be a controls config in the theme folder structure somewhere? Could I gleen one from another theme? How do I utilize this functionality?

I read a post made by headkaze where he said it can't be done, and that CP wizard has to be utilized for this, but I got excited when I saw the picture on his site shows him editing the layout of the control panel, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

There is nothing in Theme Editor that you can edit for your control panel via Theme Editor. You can use the XarcadeBak.png in the CPWizard\Media folder to derive a template and customize to look like your CP.

I can change the png so that the control panel looks good 9:16. But what your saying is there is no access to the layout defining where the text displays onscreen? So this is a feature worthy of request, is it not? It seems like this wouldn't be too dificult to implement, depending on how burred the layout info is in gameex source, it shouldn't take too long.

I ran into an issue of it not loading on my Vertscreen cabinet. I think I read somewhere this has happened before, but I shelved it while I rush to release the GameRoomEX v2 (vertscreen) theme I'm working on. Might be a good time to revisit it, as i'm getting close to release. It just goes black when GameEX tries to view my panel in cpwiz, I have to end task as escape does nothing. I'll update with more info when I have more time, unless someone can point me to a thread where this has already been resolved.