All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New DMD vs Older DMD B2S Tables

rtkiii

I find inside of PinBall X that I can only have one or the other.

1.Either I have the newer(early 90s) style DMD popup where I set it in the DMD settings for the Display inside of PBX. This I do not hide Mame.

2. Or I hide Mame and then the digital style(Haunted House) b2s score boards to look nice but the newer DMD scores are no gone.

If I do not hide Mame in PBX settings then I get the DMD for the scoreboard showing up on the b2s tables as well...even though I hide them in the VisualPinball scripts.

I messed with all the MAME settings inside of PBX Display settings...what am I missing?

Thanks,

Rich

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe it will help if I describe how I have DMD and non-DMD tables set up. Non-DMD tables include the alpha-numeric LCD displays from the 80s tables. But the non-DMD tables also include the older EMs from before the 80s.

In the VP database, I Hide DMD for ALL tables.

I enable the new "Use PinMAME in Front End" and select the appropriate ROM in the Game Manager but only for DMD tables

For non-DMD tables, I don't worry about it. I just have the default video running in the third screen. There is no built in support for DB2S in PinballX's attract mode as there is for PinMAME. (But I think I'll make a feature request! :) )

You can enable a ROM for non-DMD tables that use VPM but it will use the default PinMAME display render and not B2S. I didn't want to set up this way as the display in attract mode would not look much like how it will look during play.

Of course, you can always do a screen capture and cut your own media to have PinballX play in the third screen.

Ok, I have a 3 screen set up. I can't comment on the best way to handle 2 screen as I haven't tried it. Probably just use backglass videos for all types of tables. If you are using dB2S for all your VP tables then it doesn't matter if you hide the backglass or not in the database settings. dB2S will take the focus during play.