All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Stupid Command problems

uberpubert69

Then it's wrong... There's more to making a bat file than just writing a cl in it!

Try and run dolphin outside of GameEx, then click your bat file. It won't work...

Then try running dolphin and typing that in cmd.exe and see if it works. :)

You need to be sure that you run as admin just to be sure.

/side note: Why does my plugin look so horrible in 8.1? Does picturebox.sizemode = stretch not work in w8?

Then it's wrong... There's more to making a bat file than just writing a cl in it!

Try and run dolphin outside of GameEx, then click your bat file. It won't work...

Then try running dolphin and typing that in cmd.exe and see if it works. :)

You need to be sure that you run as admin just to be sure.

post-5286-0-84483300-1408938956_thumb.pn

/side note: Why does my plugin look so horrible in 8.1? Does picturebox.sizemode = stretch not work in w8?

No idea what you're even asking me man I'm a scrub lol.

Nevermind, that was just me thinking out loud. :)

Okay, so at least it's working in cmd, did you try clicking the bat file when it's running just to eliminate that?

• Like 1

Nevermind, that was just me thinking out loud. :)

Okay, so at least it's working in cmd, did you try clicking the bat file when it's running just to eliminate that?

Yeah so it does this crazy thing where it just loops over and over again. This is when I run the bat file with Dolphin running. Dolphin does not close btw. :/

post-5286-0-55175900-1408967757_thumb.pn

I didn't see anybody say this has been tried already. And it sounds like that's what's happening here.

...My gamecube files are not isos they are BAT files that lead to ISOs. All I need in Dolphin is for it to close after I shut down the game and go back to the GameEx Menu. When I close the game Dolphin stays open...

This describes exactly the behavior GameEX displays when It thinks the process has closed after you press escape, but it hasn't. In my experience this has been due to it not watching the correct process. Each Time I'v had this happen is when I've used an intermediate in the launching process, like ePSXecutor, PCSX2Launch, Batch files, and shortcut links. This is because your telling GameEX that it's launching a program other than the one that is actually running the game. So when you go to exit, GameEX looks for the process it ran (like the batch file) and doesn't find it. It doesn't task kill it since it's not running and returns thinking it's done a good job. Meanwhile your emulator is still running in the background, preventing you from playing another game without exiting to close it first. Sound familiar?

Try adding the name of the emulator's executable (without the extension ".exe") to the "watched process" line in an advanced emulator config like "[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)" and save as [Rename and needed].ini. These are located by default in GameEX\Config\Emulators. This will "Make Escape key close emulator process" when you add it to the "watched process" list. Then GameEX will task kill it and wait for it to close before regaining focus. Hopfully :huh: . If not then my avatar say it all.

• Like 1

This is my command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount dt, 0 which is exactly the same other than scsi. And I think I remember hearing the Sega Saturn needs the drive to be DT not SCSI but I'll give it a try... :/

Note the extra " in the start of your unmount command! I checked the config you uploaded and it's there too. So that wasn't just a typo in the post. Samuri that Ninja Gremlin :ph34r:!

If that doesn't work, try [start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount dt, 0] without the bracket.

This topic seems relevent too: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14910-what-is-the-proper-command-line-to-boot-ssf-sega-saturn-in-gameex/page-3

• Like 1

Note the extra " in the start of your unmount command! I checked the config you uploaded and it's there too. So that wasn't just a typo in the post. Samuri that Ninja Gremlin :ph34r:!

If that doesn't work, try [start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount dt, 0] without the bracket.

This topic seems relevent too: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14910-what-is-the-proper-command-line-to-boot-ssf-sega-saturn-in-gameex/page-3

Your first suggestion worked perfectly with the advanced emulator config! :) Gonna try getting saturn to work now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great to hear! Hope the saturn config goes well too. Let us know here if it does.

the sega saturn config works but i am certain my emulator is bunk or something. I can only get 1 game to actually play. I might need to make 3 saturn configs for each region group because I have a lot of import games as well as (U) games.

But now I have another problem. My Dreamcast and 3DO games wont load from GameEx anymore. I think this is because of my ISOs being 7Zipped but my PS1/PSP games are like that and they work fine.At first I thought I had some commands wrong again, but I noticed they will work if I turn off merge sets but then the games that I have that are multi disc bloat up my game list with multiples of the same game on my screen like 3 Shenmues and 4 Shenmue 2 games in my list.

I've come up with this problem before. Any way to fix this?

You may want to create a separate thread for each system as you are only going to confuse us and yourself trying to track it all in one continuous thread.

+1

the sega saturn config works ...

So does that mean this topic is Resolved? If so please place "[RESOLVED]" in front of the topic title by editing your first post in the full editor. This will help keep things clean and neat ;)