All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Stupid Command problems

uberpubert69

I can't get GameEx to unmount my sega saturn games after im done playing them. After I play 1 game my gameex will show that game in all my games when I click on them and wont play anything until I unmount the ISO manually and restart.

Also I cant get Dolphin to close after I quit a GameCube game. My GameCube games are setup as .bat files this is what my .bats look like

"Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" -e "I:\Games\G4SE01 The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventure\game.iso"

I assume all of these problems are due to me not having the right command entered.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Are you using Adultery's Virtual Drive Loader? I don't use it as I do not emulate any systems that require loading ISOs but I understand it takes a lot of the guess work out of it.

VDL has not helped me any. I get errors from daemon tools saying 'Command line error' both when mounting and unmounting. It mounted my game but it didn't unmount it. The emulator started but it went to the bois menu with the settings for time and such. Which is why I said I think I have the wrong commands typed in. :/

In the Advanced Emulator Setup section, are "Launch Before.." and "Launch After..." fields...

I unmount my ISOs in the Launch After field with this commandline:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount scsi, 0

This is assuming, you are using Daemon Tools Lite off course. Your commandline just launches a game, but you need GameEx to say, what to do, if you are over with your game and wants to return to GameEx.

Just a suggestion ;) , good luck

PS: commandline for Dolphin should be: Dolphin.exe -e "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

therefore in the Launch Before field should be: "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount scsi, 0,"[rompath]\[romfile]"

In the Advanced Emulator Setup section, are "Launch Before.." and "Launch After..." fields...

I unmount my ISOs in the Launch After field with this commandline:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount scsi, 0

This is assuming, you are using Daemon Tools Lite off course. Your commandline just launches a game, but you need GameEx to say, what to do, if you are over with your game and wants to return to GameEx.

Just a suggestion ;) , good luck

PS: commandline for Dolphin should be: Dolphin.exe -e "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

therefore in the Launch Before field should be: "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount scsi, 0,"[rompath]\[romfile]"

This is my command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount dt, 0 which is exactly the same other than scsi. And I think I remember hearing the Sega Saturn needs the drive to be DT not SCSI but I'll give it a try... :/

Funny, i heard it the opposite way for PS1 :P .

I will setup a Dolphin emu right now and look how far I will come ;)

Well what I'm talking about atm is SSF. It said command line error again, the emulator loaded up, and the ISO was mounted. But the game didn't play. And again the ISO is still mounted it didn't unmount. I just used your setting configuration.

Correction. The ISOs do mount and unmount now. And after figuring out which drive to set it to in SSF (The names are just numbers and letters jumbled) the game loads as well. But I still have Daemon Tools telling me that there is a error in the command? How do I get rid of those popups?

Well, i dont know what SSF mean, but i tried Resident Evil for Gamecube. Unfortunately its not .iso, its .gcm but it shouldnt make a difference.

Sadly I dont have anything else to test with Dolphin. On the other side, everything did worked as expected.

Daemon Tools mounted disc1 and after leaving the game/Dolphin with escape, it unmounts disc1.

Only difference, I used a SCSI drive. I dont know, if you did setup a SCSI drive with Daemon Tools, because you need to do this, if it should work.

It does work for me :(

Well, i dont know what SSF mean, but i tried Resident Evil for Gamecube. Unfortunately its not .iso, its .gcm but it shouldnt make a difference.

Sadly I dont have anything else to test with Dolphin. On the other side, everything did worked as expected.

Daemon Tools mounted disc1 and after leaving the game/Dolphin with escape, it unmounts disc1.

Only difference, I used a SCSI drive. I dont know, if you did setup a SCSI drive with Daemon Tools, because you need to do this, if it should work.

It does work for me :(

SSF is the name of the Sega Saturn emulator I'm using. My gamecube files are not isos they are BAT files that lead to ISOs. All I need in Dolphin is for it to close after I shut down the game and go back to the GameEx Menu. When I close the game Dolphin stays open.

In any case what you suggested has worked with the commands for Sega Saturn. Except only 1 game loads which is Albert Odyssey I tried using nobios in SSFs settings but it apparently isn't a BIOS issue.

Check also the "Input Section" of the setup-wizard and there, under Global Exit, if the "Enable Escape Key Exit" is enabled.

At least, all these settings work for me. Just for clarify, you can start a game through GameEx and when you leave the game, you dont come back to GameEx instead you are in Dolphin, right?

Check also the "Input Section" of the setup-wizard and there, under Global Exit, if the "Enable Escape Key Exit" is enabled.

At least, all these settings work for me. Just for clarify, you can start a game through GameEx and when you leave the game, you dont come back to GameEx instead you are in Dolphin, right?

I come back to GameEx but Dolphin stays running in the background. And if I were to play another GameCube game another instance of Dolphin will load and that too will stay open after quitting a game.

If you are using WIn 7 you will likely need to "kill the task" or emulator when exiting the game via a command line called Taskkill via the Launch After settings for the emulator:

Taskkill /IM emulator.exe /F

If you are already using a command in the Launch After for something else, then you may need to create a batch file and reference the taskkill command line in it.

I think your commandline for Dolphin is problematic, as you point straight to Dolphin with a path in quotes "Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe". Normally you would browse the working-path to where Dolphin is, that way GameEx knows where your Dolphin lies on your harddisk.

A normal Dolphin commandline looks like this: Dolphin.exe -e "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

There are no path in quotes as you see. Define the workpath for Dolphin in the Emulator Setup Section and use the above commandline.

I am on Windows 7 too and i dont need to kill anything. As the only difference to your setup, is the commandline, i would guess that this is the problem, as it seems you didnt define the workpath for your Dolphin emulator and GameEx for sure, needs to know this.

• Like 1

I think your commandline for Dolphin is problematic, as you point straight to Dolphin with a path in quotes "Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe". Normally you would browse the working-path to where Dolphin is, that way GameEx knows where your Dolphin lies on your harddisk.

A normal Dolphin commandline looks like this: Dolphin.exe -e "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

There are no path in quotes as you see. Define the workpath for Dolphin in the Emulator Setup Section and use the above commandline.

I am on Windows 7 too and i dont need to kill anything. As the only difference to your setup, is the commandline, i would guess that this is the problem, as it seems you didnt define the workpath for your Dolphin emulator and GameEx for sure, needs to know this.

As I said before that is all set up that way because my GameEx setup is pointing to .BAT files that execute dolphin and load the ISO I am pointing it to. All I need is for Dolphin to close lol.

Here is an example of what my .BAT files look like:

"Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" -e "I:\Games\GCBE7D Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex\game.iso"

I am on Windows 8.1 btw. That command you gave me did nothing. :/

As I said before that is all set up that way because my GameEx setup is pointing to .BAT files that execute dolphin and load the ISO I am pointing it to. All I need is for Dolphin to close lol.

Here is an example of what my .BAT files look like:

"Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" -e "I:\Games\GCBE7D Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex\game.iso"

I am on Windows 8.1 btw. That command you gave me did nothing. :/

Sad to hear that it dont work for you. Like I said, I can only test with Resident Evil and I did setup Dolphin in like 10min.

What for do you need that .BAT files? I dont get it sorry :(

The commandline can only work, if everything is setup properly i.e. you specify the romfolders (scan subfolders enabled), workpath for Dolphin etc.

In my case, the romfolder contains 2x .gcm files for Resident Evil and they appear in my GameEx-List. I can start disc1 with that mentioned commandline. When I press escape, game exits, Dolphin quits, image unmounts and I am back in GameEx.

But ok, i am not with windows8 and if that is the cause for your problem, i just know one more reason, why i will not upgrade to win8 :P . Maybe that link from Adultery will work for you. I am at my wit´s end, at least it works for me, without that hassle.

How did you run the TASKKILL command? Via a batch file or just as the taskkill /im doplhin.exe from the Launch After option in the Advacned Emulator Setup for Dolphin? The command works in Win 8.1 as well so likely it is an input error.

How did you run the TASKKILL command? Via a batch file or just as the taskkill /im doplhin.exe from the Launch After option in the Advacned Emulator Setup for Dolphin? The command works in Win 8.1 as well so likely it is an input error.

I just tried

TASKKILL /IM Dolphin.exe

Going to try

TASKKILL /F /IM Dolphin.exe next. If that doesn't work I'll try
TASKKILL (/F) /IM Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe  () being both with and without the /F

This was from Advanced Emulator Setup. No idea how to put that into my .bat.

@uman I have .bat files because my modded Wii requires my ISOs to be in specifically named folders with specifically named ISOs (Which is game.iso) so its very necessary unless I want to deal with all my GameCube game list saying Game over and over unfortuantely. I like emulation better because it just looks better on my PC than on my actual Wii.

What do you mean put it into your bat? Make another one and point to it on Launch After with that command in it. If it's not launching your bat correctly, try using my QuickLaunch plugin: http://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/39-quicklaunch/

What do you mean put it into your bat? Make another one and point to it on Launch After with that command in it. If it's not launching your bat correctly, try using my QuickLaunch plugin: http://www.gameex.info/forums/files/file/39-quicklaunch/

I have tried both of what you said with this command TASKKILL /IM Dolphin.exe /F

here is how I set up the quick launch:

post-5286-0-75720300-1408932356_thumb.pn

post-5286-0-66143600-1408932383_thumb.pn

neither method worked. I also don't know S**t about commands or stuff like that. :s