All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

A few questions before I install.

Mute64

Hi all

As you can see im new to this forums and the software GameEX. I did a quick install pf this program on my "Gaming PC" and thought it was an awsome idea with lots of customization... So that spured me on to build a mini ITX pc for the lounge that will be didacted to emulation. I finished the build last night and will finish installing software/drivers after work tonight.

So I thought I would ask a few questions about this software. Now I know you can set up GameEx with a sheller to boot over win.

So question 1: once setup completely will I ever need to use a mouse n keyboard, can I just turn my machine on and jump into any game I have configed on gameex.

Question 2: I use seperate graphics plugings/settings and controller setups for different games on PJ64. Can I configure GameEX/pj64 to load these settings when I load the game.? Or do I have todo it manualy each time.... with a mouse ?

.... im sure I built up more questions in my head while I was working... seam to have forgotten them... oh well lunch ovet back to work.

844e0a4dbd63cbb7163a12c4e4aac4bd.jpg

4e29eb5dd87a8cba369a72ac0f7b10a4.jpg

Theres my setup :)

• Like 1

Hi Mute64 and welcome to the forums!

Nice mini rig - and nice Batman table! :P To answer your first question - well that would depend on what you are emulating and the games you intend to play ;) but if you want to know if you can control GameEx completely without a KB & mouse - yes you can :) you won't be able to use the media bar (at the top) but you can set buttons on your pad/stick for the same functions.

As for your second question, yes you can do that but it will probably take you some effort to initially set it all up, but once done it'll be seemless. Check out this guide by thurmansevolution to get an idea of how to achieve this. It's written with Demul as the example emulator but can be adapted for most other emulators. There may be an easier way with P64 but i just set it up once so my knowledge of it is limited, however there are some keen N64 guys here so they might know of a P64 specific method.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Hmmm... this is something I'll have a look at in time. I ran across similar problems with Demul (Dreamcast) emulator.

If yer into batch file coding, here's how I got round it with that. I'm wondering whether a similar approach could be taken with n/P64?

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14070-tool-autoloadsave-individual-game-configurations-with-nulldc/?p=117134

• Like 1

Im running a i3 4150 at 3.5ghz 4gig ram (2×2) with a GTX750 ti 500watt psu ( overkill but dam it was cheap ) 120gig ssd and a mini wifi pci card so I can connect to my big gaming rig to watch movies/stream "advanced" games from steam :) oh also using the gigabyte b85n mobo with pulsating red/blue led.

And yes I have seen ppl use rather large cards in this case. The case coolmaster 130 has great reviews and is very cheap.

@Stigzler.... hmmm that looks very interesting and just what im looking for..... will have to look into that for sure.

• Like 1