All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

X-Arcade Tankstick + Trackball on sale

ClassicGMR

I thought there was a local (to the UK) reseller that sold them? If not, I did see one here for 219.00.

Yeah that would be the $365 converted :) Twice as much. I just can't spend that on a stick as much as i want to. Maybe one day i'll just get single player version, or just settle for a Japanese plastic one as they are dirt cheap. But i do dream of one day ripping through my shmup collection with a decent stick :P

• 3 weeks later...

Love my X-Arcade (Solo), the exclusive stick of choice for GameEx's High Score Competition. It was out of action until I found out you can get replacement PCB cables from them. I had USB communication issues until I replaced my PCB cables. Now I'm rocking the top spot over here!

• Like 1

Hey DazzleHP, you can get them from the official X-arcade site on eBay. I used to have a dual stick before I made the mistake of selling it. I am currently playing with a 360 pad and it just isn't the same. Anyway, here is the link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-Arcade-Dual-Joystick-Two-Players-Great-for-MAME-and-Classic-Arcade-Games-/151084985887?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item232d5dee1f

They sell solo sticks too.

• Like 1

Hey DazzleHP, you can get them from the official X-arcade site on eBay. I used to have a dual stick before I made the mistake of selling it. I am currently playing with a 360 pad and it just isn't the same. Anyway, here is the link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-Arcade-Dual-Joystick-Two-Players-Great-for-MAME-and-Classic-Arcade-Games-/151084985887?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item232d5dee1f

They sell solo sticks too.

OMG! Thanks a lot man - that's more like it! I was never gonna seriously consider paying native UK prices for one, but that changes everything :D Nice one B)

• Like 1

Keep in mind that link is the Dual which doesn't have the trackball of the Tankstick.

Of course, but the Tankstick still ends up over £50 cheaper after shipping compared to Amazon! Of which also don't stock the solo version either :) I'm seriously considering trying one of those Scorpion's that Todd linked. I mean they look pretty solid, and seem to get positive reviews, the few that i've found. I guess it'll depend how patient i am when the time comes (will i be able to wait a bit longer for the X-arcade :P)

• 2 weeks later...

Which one Krakerman? I checked them out, and see one for the 360 and One, and so I'm guessing it's one of those two with some sort of adapter, but the build quality looks pretty impressive, as long as your cool with a single player setup like that.

Edited by tthurman

but they never say they're PC compatible in descriptions or on boxes or in user reviews so i basically never considered one. Now you've cleared that up for us i may well opt for one! B)

This is what I was getting at. I had seen them, and always thought what a waste it was they didn't make them for the PC.

• Like 1

This is what I was getting at. I had seen them, and always thought what a waste it was they didn't make them for the PC.

Strange ain't it?! You would've thought they would want to highlight this wherever they could, specially seeing as, well, PC gamers are the major emulation/arcade enthusiasts. Granted all the good beat 'em ups get released on consoles (well all but SF), but still, if it works on a PC then there are much much more uses for it! Surely if they made it clear that they are PC compatible they'd get more sales?! :huh:

• Like 1

If you get one get the xbox version they work with pc no special drivers detects as a xbox controller on win xp/7 on win 8/8.1 detects as a mc fightstick works with xpadder or pinnacle game profiler as well. All emulators too works just fine.

I think the PS3 versions need a special driver 3rd party to get it to work.

• Like 2

detects as a xbox controller on win xp/7 on win 8/8.1 detects as a mc fightstick works with xpadder or pinnacle game profiler as well. All emulators too works just fine.

Thanks man that was gonna be my next question :D Whether windows reads them as controllers, and whether they can be configured with Xpadder! It's like you read my mind :)

• Like 1

Strange ain't it?! You would've thought they would want to highlight this wherever they could, specially seeing as, well, PC gamers are the major emulation/arcade enthusiasts. Granted all the good beat 'em ups get released on consoles (well all but SF), but still, if it works on a PC then there are much much more uses for it! Surely if they made it clear that they are PC compatible they'd get more sales?! :huh:

Yes, it is for sure! To me this represents a great option to the controller I purchased, as it would to others too.

Good stuff to know for sure! If I ever had some extra mad money, it sure would be a nice addition!

Thanks for the heads up Krakerman :win:

• Like 1

I also got one of the Kensington SlimBlade Trackball controllers for my Media Center ArcadePC. If your looking for an alternative trackball controller for a Media Center type PC this thing rocks and it works on Windows 8.1 just plug and play via usb and it will install the drivers automatically. For games like Missile Command, Centipede ect I just map the buttons to the FightStick instead of the ones on the trackball for that more authentic feel. Another nice thing is this trackball takes up less space which is a plus.

• Like 1