All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Model 2 Emulator 1.1a (From Nebula) - Change Window Resolution

MoggFanatic

Hello,

i want to play the Model 2 Emulator 1.1a windowed with a high resolution (1920 x 1080). Does somebody know how to do that? I couldn't find a command or ini setting for that.

>The reason is i want to run two linked instances, each on a different screen but in a higher res as the normal window does offer on one pc.So far its running well in low res (no force feedback for 2 wheel :-( ). I also tried to manage fullscreen on two screens but that seems impossible (or with high effort like setting up a virtual machine). Or am i mistaken?

Thanks for any input!

Hello MoggFanatic,

You can change it, in the "emulator.ini" file. You can find this file, in the installfolder of your model2 emulator.

There are two parameters: FullScreenWidth and FullScreenHeight, change them accordingly, and it should work.

Are you trying to link instances on a single pc? or do you link two pc´s together? Its not really clear for me. You can only set a higher resolution, if the screen on which you are trying, can support it. If your screen i.e. supports only 1280x720, then you cant change it to 1920x1080, but maybe I just didnt understand well enough, your last two sentences.

• Like 1

Hello u-man,

thanks for the very quick reply!

"Are you trying to link instances on a single pc?" yes on one pc, works great (besides bad res.) I need a windowed resolution command to change the resolution when model 2 is started without going fullscreen. I have to do that because if you run two times the model 2 emu on one pc it is not possible to output one emu on screen 1 and the other on screen 2 in fullscreen. I have to use windowed mode for them ( or for one windowed and the other can go fullscreen with high res on the primary screen).

"or do you link two pc´s together?" i try that on the weekend, 4 pc's+4monitor's+4 wheels linked :-D

it may be possible, if you move your second windowed instance to your second screen and then go fullscreen there. cant test it right now, as I have only one monitor here.

If you want to use Daytona (looks like ;) ) , you should try this patch.... it is awesome. Daytona HD :D .

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=137497.0

• Like 1

Sadly the model 2 emu does only use the primary display when switching to fullscreen, even when the position is on the second screen.

I want to play Daytona, sega rally, sega touring car championship, super gt24. I do use the texture replacement from Daytona USA ++ Patch, i just moved the according folders with the textures to my model2 folder, it does work. if you not already have you must try the supermodel 3 emulator with daytona 2! (and of course scud race)

In the GUI of the Daytona USA ++ Patch is a screen resolution select, but only for the fullscreen option :-(

thanks for your suggestions!

If you are into Racers, I can recommend Viva Nonno, a System 22 Emulator. Then you can play Ridge Racer 1+2 and Rave Racer. Also check Demul Emulator for even more Arcade Race games, that you cant play with MAME.