All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Magic Engine

MarkyX

Just encountered a problem trying to open up the Magic Engine on GameEx.

I don't khow how this was re-produced, however I can no longer launch Magic Engine from GameEx. It detects all the roms fine, but when I select the ROM, it doesn't give the option to launch Magic Engine to start the game.

Not seeing anything in the log file specific to having just run Magic Engine - did you provide a log.txt file immediately following your attempt to run something within GameEx? I don't run this emulation, but there are a few threads I came across just searching Google using Magic Engine and GameEx as my search terms that might be a place for you to start:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/10758-resolved-magic-engine-and-gameex/

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/1249-magicenginegameexturbographix-cd/

You may want to let us know what version of Magic Engine you are using and provide a copy of your configuration file for the emulator

(Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required).

Also, are you running anything like Adultery's Virtual Drive Loader plugin?

I am. Like I said, GameEx doesn't even allow me to launch the game. It detects the roms, but it doesn't give the option of launching it.

Please provide a copy of your configuration file (Click here and proceed to Part 1 which will show you where to go to obtain your configuration file). We need this before we can provide further assistance. Thanks!

1. Does out run from command-line parse of GameEx?

2. Are your roms really in 7-zips?

3. Are there really sub-folders that your roms are in?

4. What version is your pce.exe?

5. Did you try and set your rom filter to match the game inside the zip?

My money is on the games in 7-zip option...