All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] Forum and registration updates.

Tom Speirs

More than likely there will be some limited support of the current GameEx frontend, however, I would not expect that support to continue for very long after Evolution is released. A lot of time and energy is being expended to get Evolution ready for testing and release while supporting the current GameEx frontend.

I cannot answer for Tom, but if I were in charge of support for what will then be considered a "legacy" product, that support would not be long-lived as the goal to to have the community "evolve" and move on to the new product/service model.

Thanks for the reply, that makes me sad :( at last I hope Tom will make it a different product so we don't have to be forced to upgrade.

My understanding is that it will be a new product and you will not be forced to upgrade and can install it separate from your current GameEx installation. That being said, it would not be a reasonable expectation for the author make continued updates or enhancements to an older product when efforts are needed going into a new iteration.

• Like 2

I'm betting that once you see it in full action, you'll want to upgrade :P

That teaser video is most likely just scratching the surface!

Exactly, and GameEx as it is now, is one of, if not the the most feature rich frontend ever made, at least that i'm aware of. It's unrivaled in ease of use, features and support. It will remain that way regardless. And no one will force you to upgrade - in my experience that ain't how this site operates. But i do have a feeling that you may choose to if Evo is as good as is hinted at :)

My understanding is that it will be a new product and you will not be forced to upgrade and can install it separate from your current GameEx installation. That being said, it would not be a reasonable expectation for the author make continued updates or enhancements to an older product when efforts are needed going into a new iteration.

I'm betting that once you see it in full action, you'll want to upgrade :P

That teaser video is most likely just scratching the surface!

Exactly, and GameEx as it is now, is one of, if not the the most feature rich frontend ever made, at least that i'm aware of. It's unrivaled in ease of use, features and support. It will remain that way regardless. And no one will force you to upgrade - in my experience that ain't how this site operates. But i do have a feeling that you may choose to if Evo is as good as is hinted at :)

Thanks all, don't get me wrong, I am not demanding upgrades/updates for the current/older GameEx, but in my case, I just need a simple emulator frontend, GameEx as it currently is, is perfect for me, I am more worried about bug fixing (if any should pop-up), or getting cut off, of lets say, artwork download and such. I am sure Evolution will be great and it might catch my eye once released, but in the meantime I am fine with regular GameEx. Tom deserves all the money he asks, the product is the best emulator front-end I've used, hands down, not to mention he is very friendly and fast to respond to bug fixes and such.

getting cut off, of lets say, artwork download and such.

I can't put anything in concrete for you, but i've been here a while, and Tom and his crew look after people very well. I don't think any services that are applicable now, including the Artwork Download Service will be severed ^_^ From what i understand Circo and Tom work closely together so i just don't see anything like that happening

I can't put anything in concrete for you, but i've been here a while, and Tom and his crew look after people very well. I don't think any services that are applicable now, including the Artwork Download Service will be severed ^_^ From what i understand Circo and Tom work closely together so i just don't see anything like that happening

Yep, I agree, Tom has been great in that regard, but I was just curious :D

Thanks again for all the replies :)