All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DMD is disapperaring when I start via PinballX

Scorp.ius

Hi there! I just installed a new system and I use VP 9.9.0. and PinballX

at first everything went fine, but two days ago suddenly the DMD was gone. it worked some days before without a problem.

when I uninstall VPinMAME and start the tables in VP everything is fine. I have to move and stretch the DMD and it stays there after reloading the table via VP.

But when I start the table in PinballX the DMD is visible for perhaps 1-2 seconds showing things like loading bars and such - and then it is gone.

when I hit Alt&Tab I can see the DMD Window, but when I select it, the PF and BG are shown with no DMD

when I start the table (after using PX) again in VP the DMD is still not there. I have to uninstall VPinMAME and reinstall it to get the DMD again.

I can post the pinballX.ini later, just have to get to my Pinball PC

I run Windows7 64bit on an i5 8GB and a GTX650Ti 2GB

files should be unlocked, run as admin and the compatibility mode is set to NT4.0 as described in the VP Tutorial.

Perhaps someone knows, what is wrong?

PS: SAM tables are not affected...

I am sure Tom will take a look when he can. He is fairly good about it, but keep in mind he has "real life" responsibilities that take him away from the "hobby" from time to time and it may be a few days from the time you post to the time he gets a chance to review the errors you are encountering. Thanks!

• Like 1

yes, sorry, I didn't realise it is Tom itself who will have a look ;)

never wanted to rush someone!

after several tries and no success I made it now. but still without a clue, what was wrong.

After de- and reinstalling both VPinMAME and PinballX, now everything is fine again ;) I just have to setup every table and position the dmds again. but after that everything is good!