All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

What is the proper command line to boot ssf (sega saturn) in gameex

cnells2000

That's awesome cnells2000 thank you for providing some information. It makes it so much easier to see what's happening in most cases. the good news (or bad news depending on how you look at it), is that I can't see any glaring problems with the information you've provided. There is one other log that may be very valuable to troubleshooting this issue though. Could you please post the contents of your Virtual Drive Loader log as well?

\GAMEEX\PLUGINS\DT LOADER\dtloader.log

8/18/2014 4:41:55 AM : Virtual Drive Loader (Version: 1.0.9)

8/18/2014 4:41:55 AM : 13.27 INITIALIZED OK!: GameEx

8/18/2014 4:41:55 AM : LOAD XML: C:\GameEx\PLUGINS\DT Loader\Settings.xml

8/18/2014 4:41:55 AM : XML: XML file was loaded OK!

8/18/2014 4:41:55 AM : RESULT: XML(EXE_PATH) - C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe

8/18/2014 4:41:55 AM : INIT PLUGIN: Initialization completed!

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : CL IN: ssf.exe [dtloader]

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : Command switch detected! Launching!

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : DT MOUNT (CL): EXE IN: C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : DT MOUNT (CL): ARG IN: -mount 0, "[rompath]\[romfile]"

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : DT MOUNT (CL): CL: ssf.exe

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : 7-ZIP: Checking for 7-zip...

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : 7-ZIP: 7-zip check completed successfully!

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : ROMS IN FOLDERS: Checking for ROMs In Folders...

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : ROMS IN FOLDERS: Roms In Folders check completed successfully!

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : VIRTUAL DRIVE LAUNCHER: Launcher(NEW) - ARG USING: -mount 0, "E:\Roms\Sega Saturn\Virtua Fighter 2 (USA).bin"

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : VIRTUAL DRIVE LAUNCHER: Launcher(NEW) - EXE USING: C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe

8/18/2014 4:42:48 AM : VIRTUAL DRIVE LAUNCHER: Launcher(NEW) - Plugin is sleeping...

8/18/2014 4:42:58 AM : DT MOUNT (CL): Loader was launched successfully!

8/18/2014 4:42:58 AM : CMD OUT: Returning rebuilt Command Line...

8/18/2014 4:43:00 AM : DT UNMOUNT (CL): Unmounting...

8/18/2014 4:43:00 AM : VIRTUAL DRIVE LAUNCHER: Launcher(NEW) - ARG USING: -unmount 0

8/18/2014 4:43:00 AM : VIRTUAL DRIVE LAUNCHER: Launcher(NEW) - EXE USING: C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe

8/18/2014 4:43:01 AM : DT UNMOUNT (CL): Drive unmounted successfully!

8/18/2014 4:43:06 AM : Exiting GameEx...

8/18/2014 4:43:06 AM : Later!

Are you relatively certain that you've configured SSF to default to your selected Daemon Tools drive? I don't have this emulator in front of me at the moment but please insure that you've done the following within the emulator itself (apologies in advance that I borrowed these instructions from an external source):

Go into the Option menu and then select Option.
CD Drive: Make sure the drive you plan to use to load Saturn CDs is selected here.

I'm guessing you'll want to be sure you have this set as H: (or possibly I:) for your particular setup.

Its already set to a dt softrom drive 0 (H) and it works bc when i play ssf outside of gameex i load the image to drive 0 in dt lite and the game boots right up

Man I hate to keep bugging you for assorted files, but I have to admit I'm kind of scratching my head here. What does your runitgame.bat look like? Would you mind posting the contents here?

Start Menu > Program Files > GameEx > Utilities> Run Last Game > Right click on the icon, and choose "Edit"

• Like 1

Well ... hrm. Let's take a step back for a moment and verify that your Daemon Tools mounting command is actually working the way we hope that it is. Please open a new command prompt and run the command listed below:

Start > Type Command Prompt into the Search programs and files field

Run the Command Prompt program

Paste in the following command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe -mount 0, "E:\Roms\Sega Saturn\Virtua Fighter 2 (USA).bin"

Press Enter

Let's be sure that the above command is actually loading disc images all on it's own. It seems like it's the mounting step where things are going a bit haywire.

Oops sorry man that was my bad. Need to wrap that bad boy in some double quotes since there are spaces in the directory path. This one should fly a bit better:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0, "E:\Roms\Sega Saturn\Virtua Fighter 2 (USA).bin"

• Like 1

Heya. :)

So... You shouldn't need to set any configuration in the plugin at all. Go ahead and remove any commands you entered for mount and unmount for that emulator. Matter of fact, delete the settings.xml and start over.

Then, in your Plugin Manager, make sure you check the box next to Virtual Drive Loader.

Finally, in your emulator's command-line path in GameEx, type this:

ssf.exe [DTLOADER]

Or if it's an SCSI, type [DTLOADER-SCSI]

The mount and unmount commands in the configuration are completely optional, the plugin will know what commands to send/what to do (ie "Headless mode")

EDIT: Oh, by the log it seems to be working... Idk... :)

• Like 2

You said to delete the settings file, now my virtual loader mount and unmount boxes are empty saying required field missing..................games still dont work in gameex...damn

If you have the cmd in there you shouldn't need any kind of mount/unmount commands. Open and close the plugin configuration... I suppose it still needs the file, but you don't need to do any configuring.

I Have everything set up like this.........i pick the game in gameex it waits like 8 seconds, then i see dtlite mount it, immediately unmount it, then it returns back to the frontend.............

I believe what Adultery is saying is that you don't need any configuration whatsoever for this emulator. Try the following:

Delete the following file: \GAMEEX\PLUGINS\DT LOADER\Settings.xml
Open the configuration utility for Virtual Drive Loader configuration utility and close it again (this will creat a 'skeleton' config file so that Settings.xml exists in the plugin directory)
Run SSF from GameEx usig the following command: SSF.exe [DTLOADER]

If that doesn't work my last remaining suggestion would be to try one (or both) of the following command lines, both of which have been reported as being successful with running SSF from GameEx (although typically it's one or the other but not both):

SSF.exe [-VIRTUALDRIVE-]

-OR-

SSF.exe [VIRTUALDRIVE]:\

And if none of that works, I'm pretty much officially out of ideas here. The tricky part that we're up against is that your logs and settings all look to be operational and sound. There's something preventing discs from being mounted and/or SSF from starting, but the reason just isn't readily apparent from your support files. Hopefully one of the above solutions gets you up and running. Good luck!

• Like 2

wow.........i downloaded another version of ssf and it worked perfectly with the command line SSF.exe[-VIRTUALDRIVE-]. very strange. thank you once again. now i understand virtual loader going through this process

• Like 1