All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

What is the proper command line to boot ssf (sega saturn) in gameex

cnells2000

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry im so late on this post. hope you (or someone) is still around...when i boot the game through Gameex i see dt lite mount the iso, stays there for one sec, then i see it unmount and it returns back to the frontend. But when i mount it in the same dt drive outside of gameex it loads correctly...plz help

I don't run this emulator so I am not going to be much help, but just thought I'd ask if you are running anything like Adultery's Virtual Drive Loader plugin? I know that one of the fixes he put in this addresses an issue with Sega Saturn/SSF loading before mounting was completed.

• Like 1

Try this.

Enable my plugin that Drac pointed at earlier.

Remove the dtools commands from your emu setup's Launch Before/Launch After/Also Launch.

Change the emu command-line to this in SSF:

ssf.exe [dtloader]

Run any game.

Play.

Enjoy. :)

• Like 2

how to i enable the plugin as above?. i already chg'd the command line to the above.......

You'll want to go to:

Start > All Programs > GameEx > Plugin Manager

Next you'll want to place a check in the corresponding checkbox to enable the Virtual Drive Loader plugin, but you'll also want to configure the plugin for your particular setup (this part is fairly straight forward, but if you hit any snags you can refer to the Virtual Drive Loader Project Thread for a bit of an overview)

• Like 1

i checked it, got to the configure options, but i dont know what command lines im supposed to use to mount the image and unmount commands afterwards. I Used ssf.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]". i Knew that was wrong as two left shoes but i tried it anyway. In The Loader Section do i leave the C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe? or chg that too? my isos, bins, cues and nrgs are located in E:\Roms\Sega Saturn and show up in gameex. when i click daytona usa for example. the screen goes dark for about 8 seconds looks like its trying to do something in the background, then it returns back to gameex........

post-9942-0-13856800-1408337704_thumb.jp

The mount and unmount commands enterable via the plugin are not for your emulator commands, but rather the actual commands you want to send to DaemonTools Lite. See here for Daemon Tools LIte command line parameters. If I were to guess I'd say you'll be looking at something like

Mount:

DTLite.exe -mount scsi, 0,"[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

and

Unmount:

DTLite.exe -unmount scsi, 0

But that's just a guess without knowing specifically how you have Daemon Tools configured on your system (i.e virtual drive enumeration, SCSI vs DT, etc.)

When in doubt turn on Debug mode in the Plugin Configuration Utility.

• Like 1

Ok. getting closer..i see dt lite mount the image, unmount it real quick then return back to Gameex. In the gameex menu should i keep ssf.exe [dtloader] in the gameex command line?

Yessir. When you run the emulator in GameEx, the [dtloader] switch is used to activate the plugin, which in turn will utilize the mount (and corresponding unmount) commands you entered into the Plugin Configuration Utility to load the disc image.

• Like 1

im not using scsi drives as far as i know. so whats the other commands w/o scsi in it? ill input these in the virtual loader boxes for mount and unmount.

It looks like both your drives are configured as DT rather than SCSI. Try the following:

Mount:
DTLite.exe -mount dt, 0,"[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
and
Unmount:
DTLite.exe -unmount dt, 0
You'll also need to configure the default drive in SSF to utilize the drive you'll be mounting images to (if you've not already done so).
Also don't forget to use the Debug Mode in the Virtual Drive Loader. It will help you to identify any problems that may occur with loading your disc images.

changed all of that, i load the game i see dtlite at the bottom left part of the screen mount the image then it immediately un mounts it and returns to the frontend. ssf works outside of gameex no prob though when i mount it to drive 0 in dtlite..........urghhhhh!!!! this ish is hard..........

I think the time has come for you to provide us with a copy of your emulator config for SSF, gameex.ini and log.txt (Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required).

From another thread it indicated that you are running 13.11 (current version is 13.26). You will need to upgrade to the newest version which may help you better when running the virtual Drive plugin. Please update your version of GameEx and provide the files mentioned above. Thanks!

• Like 1

In addition to the files requested by Draco, it would also be helpful to turn on the debug mode in the Plugin Settings, and submit a copy of your Virtual Drive Loader log located in the following directory: \GAMEEX\PLUGINS\DT LOADER. This log should indicate if there's a problem with mounting the disc image (and hopefully what that problem is).

• Like 1

My version is updated i thought....i switched computers almost a yeaf back and i use the same setup and reg. Key that mr. Spiers gave me when i purchased it. It asked me to update it after i installed. It, and i saw it go through the motions..it hasnt asked me since...to update it anymore...thats why i say i thought i was up-to-date...where can i look on the frontend to find out what version im running now?

Btw, thank you null and draco for putting up with my issues ive been having lately. U guys are great. Im going to search for this stuff now....hold 1....