All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

VP Cabs craigslist find!

bclinton

Thought I would share my recent find while looking at craigslist. An ad for a damaged mame machine. Apparently Fedex damaged it and this guy picked it up at an auction. He was asking 400 which was not too high but not low enough for me to take a chance. It had everything but the PC (including monitor and all the controls, encoder etc....) It had some moderate particle board damage on the bottom and part of the front edge. . I wrote him back after a couple of emails and offered 200. He agreed and I picked it. The particle board was not as difficult as I thought it would be to repair. A lot of glue and a good 5 inch plywood backer board to use as a brace and a sturdy place to build the repair back into the sides. One good thing about gloss black - you can blend it easily and hide minor imperfections. The graphics on it were like new. When I picked it up it was 3 sides only but had the bottom and back undamaged. This cab sells for $3500 on their site. Not sure what the guy paid for it but is was sure a great deal for me. I will definately keep an eye out on craigslist from now on....

post-6860-0-44456000-1406642144_thumb.jp

post-6860-0-45989000-1406642145_thumb.jp

post-6860-0-35187200-1406642146_thumb.jp

post-6860-0-37182200-1406642147_thumb.jp

post-6860-0-30454200-1406642148_thumb.jp

post-6860-0-37161800-1406642149_thumb.jp

post-6860-0-22279900-1406642150_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Nice find! I have toyed back and forth with building a machine but have to a.) Save the money to have available when a deal presents itself and, b.) Most importantly - get the wife's OK. A deal like yours would definitely be easier to get approved.

Nice find! I have toyed back and forth with building a machine but have to a.) Save the money to have available when a deal presents itself and, b.) Most importantly - get the wife's OK. A deal like yours would definitely be easier to get approved.

I hear ya! I had to hide it in the garage for a few days. When she finally saw it she said "what is that!?!?!?!" I replied "I have had it for over 6 months now - you haven't seen it before?" She just shook her head and walked away..... :)

• Like 1