All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Couple of tiny GameEX issues

kristianity77

Hi all

Loving this for all my emulators. First time trying out anything like this to tie everything together and looks like I've picked the best one right off the bat.

I'm finding my way around it quite nicely and am slowly getting it set up how I want, even for music and films. There is just a couple of things I cannot figure out.

When I click to play a game, say Super NES, and I have my game list thats available, they are all listed in alphabetical order which is perfect. However, when I play a game and quit out and select another, it builds a list at the top of my A-Z listed games. So now I have half a dozen games recently played, above my alphabetical list. I've messed with various options to get rid of this in the Configuration but cannot seem to set it so that it just shows my A-Z list every time, with nothing else.

Secondly, I notice that I should be able to get some kind of media bar (according to screenshots in the themes anyway) for skipping tracks, forward, back etc. But I cannot get this to show. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time out to answer :)

1: There should be an option to show Most Played in the Advanced Emulator Setup.

2: If you move your mouse to the top of the screen it should show up. You can change that option to always show the toolbar if you prefer.

Thanks you. Thats solved the media problem. I had mouse disabled because I was hoping that I could do everything by controller only. But I'll leave mouse enabled if thats the case.

The other issue of the game lists I still cannot solve. These are the options I see in the advanced setup that I have changed, and it doesn't make any difference:

All under Enable/Disable features:

Show/Enable Favourites - NO

Enable Most Played - NO

Enable Last Played - NO

I have these set as above and they still show. Am I looking in the wrong place?

For #1, you can map these actions to a controller. I do this for my cab via Xpadder, I don't use that toolbar at all, so it is possible. You can set the keys under Input Settings to control the jukebox.

For #2: Nope thats the right spot. If it's not working, you'll have to post your GameEx log and ini for a closer look.

I've managed to find out what I was doing wrong.

Those settings I changed were just in the Enable/Disable features part of the configuration. What I needed to do was on the setup emulator part I then had to go into the emulator settings for SNES9x, and then disable those settings in there as well. I had assumed that changing it where I did, would apply "to everything" as it were, but it seems not. All sorted now anyway :)