All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PCSX2 Peeps

KRC

Are there any decent PCSX2 knowledgable people on here, I have had it setup for as long as I can remember and it was running immaculately, but recently updated and not running as good as it was?

Just looking for plugin/options advice from people who use it.

Intel I7 3770, Intel HD4000, 32gb Ram

Cheers

You got a NVidia card, KRC? If so, go for the latest rvn (?) build. Nvidia updated their drivers a few months ago, which "broke" PCSX2 - screen jumps and stretches.... Latest build has Nvidia hack which stops this.

Sadly, I also use PCSXLunch, which launches games with individual settings. However, make the update to newer versions of PCSX2 difficult (not necessarily impossible - just gonna take time to look at it properly). There is another launcher called PCSX2Bonus - dunno if this is easier to keep the version updated....

Did a guide to pcsxlunch/GE integration, here:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13947-pcsx2-setup-with-individual-games-settings/?p=115401

Nah got HD4000 integrated graphics, they are enough to run PCSX2 but cant figure out why some games are suffering lag when they didnt previously, even when the options are the same as previous.

Your new integrated GPU may not be as efficient at DX10/11 rendering as your last so i would switch to DX9 renderer firstly. Bottom line is that DX10/11 both need quite a bit more power than DX9 does, and for what it's worth you won't notice all that much difference. In a comparison screenshot you might, if you are scrupulous, but not really while playing. You'll probably also find that more games are compatible with DX9 too, giving less glitches.

Secondly i would disable FXAA as it is a resource monster - in any DX application let alone an emulator.

Lastly, if you still get troublesome games, try running them in native res. Some games are known to be troublesome running in anything but native.

Also, a last tidbit, seeing as you have so much ram, you should be able to dedicate a decent amount to your onboard GPU, but truth be told i've always used a dedicated GPU (for the last 8 years or so anyway) so can't give much advice on that.

Better Compatibility in DX9 definitely, Kinda got this one running how I like it now, well with the capabilities of the HD4000 anyway.

If I can get a decent GPU cheap enough I will definitely invest in one but at the moment I'm on a strict and tight budget.

Better Compatibility in DX9 definitely, Kinda got this one running how I like it know, well with the capabilities of the HD4000 anyway.

If I can get a decent GPU cheap enough I will definitely invest in one but at the moment I'm on a strict and tight budget.

Also having your resolution at 512x512 helps a lot. For some reason if you do something like 512x512 or 1024x1024 PCSX2 seems to like those resolutions and runs better from what I've heard and tested. I have a 766D intergrated GPU and even that didn't really run PCSX2 all that great. I have it Dual Graphic'd up with a HD 7750 Standalone GPU and it runs so much better but I still get slowdown on some games.

Are you guys actually getting DX options, Mine are all Diirect3D options. Direct3D9 (Hardware) is alittle faster than 11, but not enough to get Gran Turismo 3 out of slow motion in an actual race. Anyone able to run this game smoothly?

Are you guys actually getting DX options, Mine are all Diirect3D options. Direct3D9 (Hardware) is alittle faster than 11, but not enough to get Gran Turismo 3 out of slow motion in an actual race. Anyone able to run this game smoothly?

I have Gran Turismo 4 and I have a 7750HD Radeon + 7660D dual graphic setup and I only get 30-40 FPS and thats with direct 3d9 and at 512x512

My GT 3+4 are running fine. GT4 took a bit of settingup, mind - you have to change some of the options (clamping etc) + there's a way to avoid all the junk on race start - detailed notes in the pcsx2 game setup wiki...

Dunno - could be a system thing. My specs (and please don't think I'm waving my specs about and saying "look at the size of this!!") :)

si4pw7.png

I set it up as instructed in the wiki and once in the race its not slow-mo anymore, but the game really hangs up on the 3-2-1-count down. Too bad the dev team can't employ a database that applys the best settings automatically upon game load. Which you could then tweak and save to the DB, so that this process doesn't have to be repeated every time. Then again, if it were that easy it'd be done already. Oh, well...

I set it up as instructed in the wiki and once in the race its not slow-mo anymore, but the game really hangs up on the 3-2-1-count down. Too bad the dev team can't employ a database that applys the best settings automatically upon game load. Which you could then tweak and save to the DB, so that this process doesn't have to be repeated every time. Then again, if it were that easy it'd be done already. Oh, well...

Yeah, but I still think it would be possible I mean stuff like PCSX2 Bonus exists all they would have to do is incorporate it into the emulator. I assume this would be done once PCSX2 gets as good as Dolphin is in performance. Usually emulators focus on accuracy and compatibility then focus on the extra good S**t like per game settings and netplay.

I hope you guys realise that unless you run in native res - software only, PCSX2 uses a lot of hacks to get games running. These hacks will be good for some setups, and bad news for others. The whole "one man's garbage.." adage applies more to modern emulators than ever before.

I hate to be a preacher, but if you want the most of emu's like PCSX2 you need to either learn what your hardware is capable of, or be prepared to do a bit of trial and error. You won't be able to get reliable settings from someone else, even if their specs seem similar. Things just ain't as easy they used to be :P

• Like 1

I hope you guys realise that unless you run in native res - software only, PCSX2 uses a lot of hacks to get games running. These hacks will be good for some setups, and bad news for others. The whole "one man's garbage.." adage applies more to modern emulators than ever before.

I hate to be a preacher, but if you want the most of emu's like PCSX2 you need to either learn what your hardware is capable of, or be prepared to do a bit of trial and error. You won't be able to get reliable settings from someone else, even if their specs seem similar. Things just ain't as easy they used to be :P

Even more reason to have a per game settings option.

Even more reason to have a per game settings option.

Can be done easily ;) In fact there a two good apps for handling this - the one i use: PCSX2 Bonus and the one stigz uses: PCSX2Lunch. Both do exactly what you want. The downside to both is that if you have a large collection, you're gonna have to go through one hell of an update session everytime you want to update.

But if you are happy with how PCSX2 is performing, and don't see yourself updating too soon, either one could be a godsend :)

• Like 2

Just learned about the update tribulations, daz. :(

Any good schmups on ps2? So far got rtype final ...

Not a comprehensive list, but a good start:

Psyvariar 1&2

Mushihime-sama (available in MAME now i believe, but PS2 port is much more feature rich)

Homura (another that TypeX would be better, if it was stable so go for PS2 for now)

Ibara (again, you can get it running in MAME, but it is glitchy as hell so PS2 is best for now)

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou (one of the best ports)

Espgaluda (again in MAME now, but PS2 port is far better)

Silpheed - Lost Planet

Thunderforce VI

Triggerheart Exelica - Enhanced (one of the best "gimmick" shmups to be released in a long long time! You can "capture" enemies, then slingshot them back for massive mutlipliers)

Should be enough to get you started :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

GSdx is the best. There are several different kinds, however. You can consult this page to find out which one will be best for your processor: http://pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-english-pcsx2-configuration-guide.html#Gfx

If you can support all of them, I believe AVX2 would be the best then. Mine automatically selected the best plugin, so I'm assuming that whatever you default to is the best.

• Like 1

GSdx is the best. There are several different kinds, however. You can consult this page to find out which one will be best for your processor: http://pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-english-pcsx2-configuration-guide.html#Gfx

If you can support all of them, I believe AVX2 would be the best then. Mine automatically selected the best plugin, so I'm assuming that whatever you default to is the best.

Yeah I've been to there before, but I was wondering if maybe there were some third party plugins someone is using that works great for them. I was using the regular Gsdx and it was making half of my games crash. I switched over to Gsdx Cutie (unofficial plugin) and its been working rather well for me. Just didnt know about the sse3 and AVX stuff too much.