All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Making a Bunch of Wii Preview Videos

As the title says, I'm planning on making a bunch of Preview Videos for some Wii games (since there aren't any available to the public on emumovies) and a few GameCube games. I happen to have a capture device and an actual Wii to record from so I can make some flawless preview videos (no emulator slowdown or glitches). Would I be able to share my videos on here? If so, where? I just wanna give back to the community. :D

• Like 2

Id be happy to help you share your videos but http://www.emumovies.com will be a much better place for them. Could you share them there?

They already have some Wii preview videos on their site its just supporting members only that can get it. And I'm more of an open to everyone kind of guy. (though I can understand why its being done that way)

Its best you use EmuMovies but you can use the free PinballX FTP if you like. You will see the details under free artwork and videos at pinballx.net

Cheers.

Tom.

I will probably have them uploaded to multiple places for ease of access. But I'll definitely bookmark that PinballX page for later, still got to make the videos first lol.

The only reason that they are not available to the general public is that the set isn't finished.

Hey man, I just want to clarify I wasn't hating or anything. I actually really REALLY appreciate all the stuff you've done. Like I wouldn't even be doing any of this stuff if your site didn't exist. ;) I just noticed that you had stuff like Wii and PSP videos in your news added and when I looked for them and didn't find them I was just like "Hmm.. Why wait when I can make my own?" But now you are aware that I want to contribute in making some preview videos for the Wii (and I already made a couple for PSP) this makes things easy. How am upload to your ftp? Or however your process is? lol

You might want to carry this topic over to EmuMovies as the folks there might be able to help answer your questions in more detail, after all, it's what they do :). I beleive Circo used a real Wii for some of the Wii video captures hosted there, so he may be able to help you with getting a proper setup for recording from the actual console. The last batch of Wii video snaps I did I used Doplhin and FRAPS. The Dolphin Emulator has made some serious strides as of late. I'm using a devlopement build and many games that were glitched or unplayable in previous builds are now working, so that's something to think about if by chance you decide to go the emulator route. Becoming a supporting member of EmuMovies is really worth it in the long run. I'm not trying to sell you anything but the folks there, myself included, put a lot of time and effort into the content provided. Being a supporting member gets you access to everything, as you already know. We're always looking for more folks willing to contribute to the project so give it some thought.

• Like 2

You might want to carry this topic over to EmuMovies as the folks there might be able to help answer your questions in more detail, after all, it's what they do :). I beleive Circo used a real Wii for some of the Wii video captures hosted there, so he may be able to help you with getting a proper setup for recording from the actual console. The last batch of Wii video snaps I did I used Doplhin and FRAPS. The Dolphin Emulator has made some serious strides as of late. I'm using a devlopement build and many games that were glitched or unplayable in previous builds are now working, so that's something to think about if by chance you decide to go the emulator route. Becoming a supporting member of EmuMovies is really worth it in the long run. I'm not trying to sell you anything but the folks there, myself included, put a lot of time and effort into the content provided. Being a supporting member gets you access to everything, as you already know. We're always looking for more folks willing to contribute to the project so give it some thought.

Yeah Dolphin has gotten really good. I only use my Wii to play stuff like Star Wars Rouge Squadron 2, Turok Evolution, F-Zero GX. I really can't afford to be a supporting member in that way. GameEx was basically a gift to me lol. But I can contribute by helping make some preview videos. ;)

Agreeing with Riffman that best discussed over there. Though I gave up on real consoles for bid snaps ages ago. If you have a fairly beefy system fraps should do the trick. I use a avermedia gamer HD to capture from my PC as it has a more stable frame rate. My problem is time.

Agreeing with Riffman that best discussed over there. Though I gave up on real consoles for bid snaps ages ago. If you have a fairly beefy system fraps should do the trick. I use a avermedia gamer HD to capture from my PC as it has a more stable frame rate. My problem is time.

Talked with Riffman and I made a topic on emumovies. Also turns out since you're trying to record Wii at 60FPS I'm of no use to you, at least in the Wii department. My signature on your forums has my PC specs. I can do PSP, PS2, and DS for ya though! :) and btw I have literally all the time in the world to do this. lol

I use a haughpage hd pvr which gives really good results.