All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Goonies II is looking like it may be a reality...

Draco1962

Looks like Spielberg has a story in mind. Read about it here. The original Goonies was ripe for a sequel years ago. I only hope it adheres to its roots and doesn't thud like Indiana Jones: The Crystal Skull. Well, so long as Shia LeBeouf isn't anywhere within 100 miles of filming it should be OK.

• Like 2

Awesome! :D With some of the original cast as the parents it could lead to some interesting scenarios. After all they will encourage their kids to risk their lives in search of treasure! Won't they?! "Go children! Oh, and try not to die!" :lol:

I know people get funny when it comes sequels of classic movies, but it's been 30 years and The Goonies always begged for a sequel. I wait eagerly in anticipation. I do agree with the 1st commenter though that i hope they use real locations and props. I don't wanna see CGI anywhere! I happened to watch the original a few weeks back and i still think it's the best family film ever made!

You just know it's all going to be too PC though. You'll see no fat kid called "Chunk" for example, or a Japanese kid who just happens to be good with gadgets ^_^

Thank you Draco for the share !

I love the original Goonies movie ! It is a childhood favorite of mine :)

It is asking for trouble however trying to make a sequal to such a classic ! I really hope they will succeed in making this yet another classic :)

I read this yesterday as well and I am slightly excited. It will NEVER top the 1st one for those who saw it at such an impressionable age. I think most should get that - but I will watch it in the theatres with hopefully my kids.

I just can't wait for Alli(3) to get older so I can let her watch the original. :)

And Drac...Shai was not the only issue with Indy Skulls...it was plagued with horrible directing, editing and story decisions. The actors I thought did fine.

To be honest, they could have left out the "Indy Jr" story arc and still had a fine story. I will agree that the directing sucked. It seemed forced, like they had to do it (make another sequel) but did not quite know how to do it.

• Like 1

To be honest, they could have left out the "Indy Jr" story arc and still had a fine story. I will agree that the directing sucked. It seemed forced, like they had to do it (make another sequel) but did not quite know how to do it.

Agreed much like the latest Die Hard whatever it was called i forget, or can't be bothered to remember.

Oh man....this is the 666-th topic in the Social Club Forum...Just saying....

Best nobody mention One Eyed Willy then - leave that beast where he is.

Yes that was an unashamed euphemism :P

• Like 1

Oh man....this is the 666-th topic in the Social Club Forum...Just saying....

Perfect Post # to discuss that abomination of a film...indy that is. Hopefully Goonies does not suffer the same fate. I forgot Spielberg was involved in Crystal Skulls. Goonies suffer the same fate...I hope not.

I dunno, I thought Indy 4 was pretty good. Granted, it wasnt nearly as good as the other 3. Perhaps its a sign of the aging of the main characters (Indy, Marion) and the creators. I really dig the whole crystal skull thing, there's some (as some believe) fact to the whole story. I watch Ancient Aliens alot and they've talked about it there. When people talk about making a sequel, let's not forget that SOME sequels are better than their first. Empire Strikes Back, Star Trek II the Wrath of Kahn, etc. Granted, those movies were release pretty close to each other, and didn't have 30 years gap. Goonies II is (from what I understand) only in the "idea" phase. Star Wars Episode VII however IS in production, and it DOES take place 30 years later. So we'll have to wait and see how well a gap of that length pans out.

Star Wars Episode VII however IS in production, and it DOES take place 30 years later. So we'll have to wait and see how well a gap of that length pans out.

Yeah, let's see.

I actually have some high hopes that Disney will restore some of the former glory. I mean I thought my kids thought Frozen was awesome. Totally different genre/milieu, but my point is that Disney doesn't often let quality slip. I think the series needs new blood at this point, and they could do a lot worse than Disney.

First order of business: write midi-chlorians out of the canon. I don't care if they have to say that Qui-Gon was high on space crack when he explained that part, it needs to go away. :angry:

As for the Goonies sequel, I just hope it has a mermaid named Annie in it. Please someone make this happen! :lol:

• Like 2

Dude, she's old enough now; I would SO love to see Selena Gomez as Leia. :) The other guys (especially Bieber), need to just go away, period. Anyway, Disney holding the reins to Star Wars may or may not be that bad. They own Marvel now, and everything "movie-wise" they've churned out so far has been great stuff. Disney's just footing the bills. I also liked Frozen. It's a huge leap forward in CGI animation. Granted, 25% of it was music, but that's Disney for you. I really liked the "Let it Go" song, and the shop guy in the mountains was my favorite character. :D

I really liked the "Let it Go" song, and the shop guy in the mountains was my favorite character. :D

Dude that's so funny! Speaking as someone of Scandinavian decent, the shop guy is one of my favorites too. Pretty much an amalgamation of nearly every "Ole and Sven" joke I've heard in my lifetime. Love it!

I watch Ancient Aliens alot and they've talked about it there.

/side note: Dr. Brandenburg on that show is the math professor at my school. Ha!

Total SACRILEGE! BLASPHEMERS! BURN THE INFIDELS!

Oh. My. God. I REALLY hope that's supposed to be a joke... :rolleyes: