All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Preview trailers??

stigzler

I thought I read somewhere there were going to be some teasers of sorts leading up to the launch.

I can't seem to find this though, so it's entirely possible that it only existed in my head. That's what happens when I start thinking! :rolleyes:

A trailer is a pretty big bomb to drop - not to mention the polish needed to Evo itself to make it work. 3 months is still a long time in developement terms :) I'd expect a screenshot or two first, probably some incontinence at the same time.

Geez i've got a toilet brain today :huh:

Meh, it'll get here when it gets here. I'm anxious, but not like overly excited about it. I have a distinct dislike of the idea of having to EVOLVE my current setup. It took me a LONG time to get it set the way I like it. I believe the new version was said to be capable of running side-by-side with current setups, so I can work on getting Evo setup without losing my current configuration.

Meh, it'll get here when it gets here. I'm anxious, but not like overly excited about it. I have a distinct dislike of the idea of having to EVOLVE my current setup. It took me a LONG time to get it set the way I like it. I believe the new version was said to be capable of running side-by-side with current setups, so I can work on getting Evo setup without losing my current configuration.

Well, I'm probably a month, maybe two from starting the front end work, and this is exactly why I'm not in a hurry. I'd rather cut my teeth on the new version than do it twice.

I'm literally feeling the opposite to you Han! I'm still feeling giddy like a school girl about it :P Change is good! Variety is the spice of life i'm telling you! Also GE has been evolving for years - the features added and changes in just a couple of years is staggering, especially when you compare it to most products out there. The fact that Evo is a totally new product alongside Ori-GameEx tells me that it is signicantly different and that lights my geek fires like nothing else :D I can't wait to put my nerd hat on and spend the summer tinkering hehehe

• Like 1

I'm with you Han! I spent many sleepless nights tinkering and getting things setup just the way i want. Seriously hoping GEevo will be compatible with current setups, but either way, I'm excited to see it come to light :)

The back end is not going to be a lot different just so you know so don't worry too much. I will be taking the opportunity to improve a couple of things and remove some legacy settings but Evolution is all about a magnitude of a leap in the front end. The back end is already often regarded as very good or the best available so we are not focusing on that or trying to fix what is not broken.

I am hoping to get some kind of preview or at least some screenshots available soon. I will do my best even though they will be preliminary and subject to change.

• Like 6