All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Lubuntu 13.10 x64, WINE installation

gleveric

Just curious has anyone had any luck getting GameEx going in Linux with WINE? I've been playing around with it but the closest I can get is when I launch GameEx the screen goes black for a few seconds then it goes back to my desktop/terminal window with an abnormal termination error message. If so, what Linux distribution/version are you using? I've tried installing various .NET Frameworks and DirectX 9.0c, but so far no luck. Thanks for any help!

I believe Tom got it working with PlayOnLinux a while back, however i can't remember which distro was used. You may want to try it as WINE is a royal PITA most of the time :D In my experience anyway.

I would love to see a native Linux version of GameEx but it is unlikely to happen as there just isn't the demand for it. That and SteamOS and i would ditch Windows for good! ^_^