All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Individual Game Video Configuration

E-T

I appologise if this is a duplicate topic, but I can't seem to find the thread on how to create a separate configuration for an individual game.

I remember reading it before, but do you think I can find it when I need it ? Of course not. :angry:

My GameEx system is running great and now I'm just tweaking the games that are not quite right.

I am using an ArcadeVGA 5000 video card with an arcade monitor so I have gamex configuration to not stretch my games because I want to keep the native resolution.

On World class bowling, the game is too small and that one I would like to stretch.

How do I make only that game stretch ?

I don't see any individual game configuration files, just games.ini file.

I remember something about making a "gamename".ini file but I can't remember the details.

Thanks

I don't think this is going to be possible with the built in ArcadeVGA feature as the closest ArcadeVGA resolution is 384x284 and the game runs at 384x255. You could use one of the ini creating tools out there to build individual game settings and turn off the feature in GameEx though. It looks like the one recommended on the Ultimarc site by Gavin is still in active development.

The other option would be create a custom resolution and modify data\arcadevga.txt but I don't even know if that is possible with these cards.

Also I am not even sure the arcadevga settings in GameEx are valid anymore as I think MAME will do this now. If that is the case you would just need to modify the game by creating a [rom].ini file. These go in the ini folder within the MAME install. You would just need to place hwstretch 1 in the file.