All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GAPlus
GAPlus Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 ExedExes 311,000 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
2 murve33 142,400 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
3 Adultery 88,800 Adultery's Hi-Score Entry
4 Mame Offender 88,600 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
5 hansolo77 67,600 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
6 Luigimaker 59,500 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
7 Buzzin69 55,500 Buzzin69's Hi-Score Entry
8 GimmeClassics 42,700 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
9 jedah 37,800 jedah's Hi-Score Entry
10 rtkiii 37,100 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 02-24-2018

plus10.jpg
  1. wolfman24 - 33,400 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for GAPlus:
ROMSet: gaplus
Coin B: 1 Coin/1 Credit
Unused: Off
Demo Sounds: On
Coin A: 1 Coin/1 Credit
Lives: 3
Bonus Life: 30k 70k and every 70k
Round Advance: Off
Difficulty: 0 -Standard
Cabinet: Upright

Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!

--> Note: TwinGalaxies remains DOWN. The above settings are the default, and should be just fine. If new data is presented, these settings may change, but we're good with these for right now.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > pending

~Dazz

There a namco bios needed or something? For some reason it is not loading. I think I had this issue with dig dug and galaga on my home cabinet and this might be fine there but nt loading on my work PC

That's odd. I know a few of my Namco roms required some extra files (51xx, 54xx) but Gaplus wasn't one of them. And according to one of my go-to romsites, it doesn't require any other files to run.

Edit: Make sure you do have Revision D and not B.

Yes!! Gaplus!! So much better than Galaga or Galaxian and yet so underrated. I'll get the ball rolling with: 142,400

Edit2: It appears I was using Revision B for that score. I dunno if you want to count that or not. I'll try Rev D at some point.

post-25878-0-94624100-1396629448_thumb.p

That's odd. I know a few of my Namco roms required some extra files (51xx, 54xx) but Gaplus wasn't one of them. And according to one of my go-to romsites, it doesn't require any other files to run.

Edit: Make sure you do have Revision D and not B.

Yes!! Gaplus!! So much better than Galaga or Galaxian and yet so underrated. I'll get the ball rolling with: 142,400

Yeah i have both. 51xx and 54xx...yeah those are the ones I was thinking of. I might need those on this box...we'll see. Nice score.

@GC/Han - having problems with DBM so can't update.

Edit2: It appears I was using Revision B for that score. I dunno if you want to count that or not. I'll try Rev D at some point.

It may depend on your version of MAME and romset as mine is also Rev. B on .152 romset (check last played in sig). As long as you are using gaplus.zip it's all good.

There a namco bios needed or something? For some reason it is not loading. I think I had this issue with dig dug and galaga on my home cabinet and this might be fine there but nt loading on my work PC

According to RomCenter it needs 62xx.bin :) and sample "bang" if you want to be complete.

*Updated OP only

• Like 2

It may depend on your version of MAME and romset as mine is also Rev. B on .152 romset (check last played in sig). As long as you are using gaplus.zip it's all good.

Oh good, It was gaplus.zip. I'll use Revision D on my new version of MAME when I try to beat the score later.

I like to think that when the staff throws up a new game, they think about my impact on it.

Gaplus is such an example. I've been playing it for years as Galaga 3 and I still play cabinets of it to this day. The way to big points is mastering those challenge stages. You get many more extra lives that way.

Now, from what I see, starting in MAME version .148u3, the new parent for gaplus.zip is Gaplus (GP2 rev. B ). Previous to this version it was Gaplus (rev. D). I recently upgraded to .152 and now I got this score on GP2 rev. B. Too bad it doesn't show the parsec you ended at here, but it was the one after the 4th challenge stage (spelled TRIPLE).

ExedExes - 277,500

post-25936-0-61098400-1396669048_thumb.p

• Like 2

I like to think that when the staff throws up a new game, they think about my impact on it.

Gaplus is such an example. I've been playing it for years as Galaga 3 and I still play cabinets of it to this day. The way to big points is mastering those challenge stages. You get many more extra lives that way.

ExedExes - 277,500

Well of course! This HS Comp was and always will be community driven so everyone has a voice around here :) If you have an idea or opinion then go ahead and be heard - we may just listen to ya :P

*Updated OP, DB, RSS. WOOP!

• Like 1

Now, from what I see, starting in MAME version .148u3, the new parent for gaplus.zip is Gaplus (GP2 rev. B ). Previous to this version it was Gaplus (rev. D). I recently upgraded to .152 and now I got this score on GP2 rev. B. Too bad it doesn't show the parsec you ended at here, but it was the one after the 4th challenge stage (spelled TRIPLE).

ExedExes - 277,500

@ ExedExes: I was pretty sure you would be good at this game ;)

I'm glad you've joined our competition. You've submitted some pretty challenging hi-scores. That's what our competition is all about...try and beat your personal best and improve your game (and have fun of course !). Your hi-scores really push me forward to improve my game ! Thank you for offering me these challenges. It's making it more fun to play our games :)

@ ExedExes / DazzleHP: I agree with you Dazz. As long as you're using ROMset gaplus it's all good. Thank you for your explanation ExEx !

Updated Leaderboard

• Like 1

It's really a nice game! :D

It was after my second game that I discovered I could move up and down too...

Then, once I tried to dodge some enemies, I was killed.

I had better highscores when I only moved left-right at the bottom of the screen lol :D

I'll keep trying though :D

• Like 1

A really tough game....but me like it :P

I do have to practice a little more before submitting a hi-score. Hasta la vista baby, I'll be back ^_^

Same! I just had a quick go and well... utter disgrace is the only way i can put it :D i too will be back! Before next year if i can help it...

Well....here's my first try. I didn't make it to the in-game hi-score board yet :unsure: ....but I'll keep on trying :)

I hope others will join the fight !! I'd also like to compare my "skills" with others B) ...The current #1 and #2 are just too good (for now ;))

settings per post #1

post-10451-0-40210300-1397059940_thumb.p

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

I hope others will join the fight !! I'd also like to compare my "skills" with others B)

I'll get a score in tomorrow (having a movie night tonight). Honestly though you did better than my shameful attempt yesterday ^_^

• Like 1

I'll get a score in tomorrow (having a movie night tonight). Honestly though you did better than my shameful attempt yesterday ^_^

I really need to play this game a lot to improve my game. I really like that tractor beam B) !

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe more people aren't playing this one.. It's pretty cool actually!. :)

post-680-0-39953800-1399354057_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I never posted so I played at work today...I need to play this on my cabinet

I could not upload this screen either. Says "You have reached alotted disk space for attachments."

The file is like 150kb

I never posted so I played at work today...I need to play this on my cabinet

I could not upload this screen either. Says "You have reached alotted disk space for attachments."

The file is like 150kb

Tough game ... decent score ;) I've no problem allowing your hi-score submission. You're a long time hi-score member. No problem at all Rich !

I understand your upload limit is no longer an issue ( ;)) so if you still have the snapshot available please add it to your last post ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a session on this. Sure is tough. I don't think I have ever played this before. I have played Galaga and Galaxian but this definitely cranks up the speed.

It's a tough game indeed !! The top 2 scores are freaking amazing :o. Good score though for never having played this game :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 2 months later...