All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Returns to GameEx after running Kega Fusion Windowed

murve33

I boot Fusion in Full Screen mode by default. In order to edit the controls within Fusion, one has to put it into windowed mode first (as far as I know). But, when I try to do this by pressing alt+enter Fusion just returns to GameEx like I exited out of the application.

Any ideas?

I've attached my log, .ini, and config for Genesis.

[Emulator]
RomPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\Genesis roms
MapFile=
ConfigFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)
Database=[Console] Sega Genesis
RomFilter=
Command=Fusion.exe -gen -fullscreen "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
StartPageLogo=Sega Genesis
StartPageName=Sega Genesis (Fusion)
TitleText=Sega Genesis
Info=Fusion(formerly known as Kega II and Kega Fusion) is a Sega SG1000, SC3000, Master System, Game Gear, Genesis/Megadrive, SegaCD/MegaCD and 32X emulator
RequiredFiles=
DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/Fusion.7z
Rating=8.9
Version=3.64
Emulator=Fusion
Category=Console
System=Sega Genesis
Enabled=True
SnapPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Snaps
TitlePath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Titles
BoxPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Boxes
CartPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Cartridges
ManualPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Manuals
ControlPanelPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Controls
WorkingPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion
MapKeys=True
WaitBeforeKeys=
SendKeys=
ReplaceDash=False
ReplaceUnder=True
Capitals=False
RemoveBrackets=True
ShowDesktop=True
Debug=False
AlsoLaunch=
OLDatZip=
LaunchBefore=
LaunchAfter=
ExcludedFiles=
CustomBackground=
PlayMusic=False
DontShowInfo=
PlaySelectionMusic=False
SelectionMusicFolder=
PCGame=False
GamesIn7Zips=False
PlayInScreenSaver=False
ShowMostPlayed=True
RandomMostPlayed=True
CDCheck=False
CDCheckFile=
lastgame=

fusion log.txt

Murve's GameEx.ini

Why are you having to edit the controls everytime you run it? Just out of curiosity.

I'm sure it has something to do with how Mega handles Windowed Mode, which I'm a nutshell must be affecting the exe that GameEx is monitoring, and GameEx thinks it's exiting.

Can you not just launch the emulator outside of GameEx if you need to edit the controls?

Yea, it's kind of a pain to be in GameEx, realize ya wanna play a Genesis/CD game, exit out, open the emulator, change the controls, open GameEx, and then play the game though.

I suppose I'll look for alternatives to Fusion. It's been the only emulator so far that's given me any guff.

If you need two different sets of controls for various games, you can set up the EMU in two slots, with their respective roms and map the controls as required. Then merge them using an emulator group.

I always knew you were. I tried to convince Draco that it was true but he kept telling me I was wrong. :-)

No. I kept telling you he was a nut case, not a nut shell. Get it right! :P

• Like 1

If you need two different sets of controls for various games, you can set up the EMU in two slots, with their respective roms and map the controls as required. Then merge them using an emulator group.

I hadn't considered emulator groups. I'm still probably going to find an alternative to Fusion though.

Haha, you're absolutely right. I went on a quest to find a better emulator, and the closest thing was Gens+, which of course is not nearly as good as Fusion.

In addition to changing controller preferences, it's be nice to access savestates, disk changes, and other settings. I know there are hotkeys for that, but I'm running about 15 different emulators, and it's difficult to memorize the hotkeys for each of them.

It's probably Kega's fault that Fullscreen to Windowed exits GameEx, but it'd be nice if the GameEx devs could somehow fix the issue.

In addition to changing controller preferences, it's be nice to access savestates, disk changes, and other settings. I know there are hotkeys for that, but I'm running about 15 different emulators, and it's difficult to memorize the hotkeys for each of them.

You might want to check out this thread nullPointer posted recently! Your dreams may come true sooner than you think ;)

• Like 1

Haha, you're absolutely right. I went on a quest to find a better emulator, and the closest thing was Gens+, which of course is not nearly as good as Fusion.

It's probably Kega's fault that Fullscreen to Windowed exits GameEx, but it'd be nice if the GameEx devs could somehow fix the issue.

Use an advanced config to map your keys for each emulator so that your hotkeys are consistent.

You might want to check out this thread nullPointer posted recently! Your dreams may come true sooner than you think ;)

Woah, that would be amazing! I'll definitely be staying tuned.

Use an advanced config to map your keys for each emulator so that your hotkeys are consistent.

Is there a tutorial on this? I've been searching and haven't found anything. This might just solve all of my problems. :)

In the Setup Wizard, go to Advanced Emulator Setup. In the first line select the emulator that you are using from the list. 13 lines down from there is an entry for Advanced Config. Click on the ... button to bring up the Advanced config editor. You want the tab that says Keyboard ReMap. Map your keys and when finished, save the file with a unique name by clicking on File at the top of the Advanced Config Editor window. (Save AS) Make sure and set the file that you just created in the field for Advanced Config in the Setup Wizard.

You might as well check out the other tabs in the advanced config editor, you never know what else you might need in the future.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I boot Fusion in Full Screen mode by default. In order to edit the controls within Fusion, one has to put it into windowed mode first (as far as I know). But, when I try to do this by pressing alt+enter Fusion just returns to GameEx like I exited out of the application.

Any ideas?

I've attached my log, .ini, and config for Genesis.

[Emulator]

RomPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\Genesis roms

MapFile=

ConfigFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)

Database=[Console] Sega Genesis

RomFilter=

Command=Fusion.exe -gen -fullscreen "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

StartPageLogo=Sega Genesis

StartPageName=Sega Genesis (Fusion)

TitleText=Sega Genesis

Info=Fusion(formerly known as Kega II and Kega Fusion) is a Sega SG1000, SC3000, Master System, Game Gear, Genesis/Megadrive, SegaCD/MegaCD and 32X emulator

RequiredFiles=

DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/Fusion.7z

Rating=8.9

Version=3.64

Emulator=Fusion

Category=Console

System=Sega Genesis

Enabled=True

SnapPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Snaps

TitlePath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Titles

BoxPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Boxes

CartPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Cartridges

ManualPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Manuals

ControlPanelPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion\assets\Sega Genesis\Controls

WorkingPath=C:\Emulators\Fusion

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=False

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=False

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=False

AlsoLaunch=

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=False

DontShowInfo=

PlaySelectionMusic=False

SelectionMusicFolder=

PCGame=False

GamesIn7Zips=False

PlayInScreenSaver=False

ShowMostPlayed=True

RandomMostPlayed=True

CDCheck=False

CDCheckFile=

lastgame=

Hey, did find the solution yourself? Alt+Enter makes GameEx terminate the Kega Fusion, but right clicking with your mouse on the screen while you are playing pauses the game and give you full availability to all the options.

!

As I'm writing this I realize that unlike myself, you are probably using GameEx for what it really is made for, a homemade gaming cabinet. If that is the case you probably have no access to mouse or touchpad at all?

It is probably too late now but a possible solutiion could be too use a virtual mouse (if such a thing exist) that you can activate and then control with the keyboard or the joystick.