All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

• 4 weeks later...

Wow... not even going to bother chasing after that first place score, so for now I'll settle for the #2 spot.

Not my PB, but good enough to stoke the competition here a bit. :D

post-26250-0-57136000-1397663654_thumb.j

The above score is from my MAME cabinet, but I had the pleasure of playing this game on a real cabinet a few weeks ago at The Arcade in Brighton, Michigan. It was awesome, but unfortunately I've become accustomed to playing this game with my right hand moving the stick and left hand pressing buttons, and the original Taito cabinet is the other way around, so the best I was able to do after 5 or so credits was about 35k.

Wow... not even going to bother chasing after that first place score, so for now I'll settle for the #2 spot.

Not my PB, but good enough to stoke the competition here a bit. :D

That's a great score.....wait.....damn it......he has beaten my second spot hi-score <_<.....LOL :P

KRC's top score is really amazing indeed. Nearly impossible to beat !!

The above score is from my MAME cabinet, but I had the pleasure of playing this game on a real cabinet a few weeks ago at The Arcade in Brighton, Michigan. It was awesome, but unfortunately I've become accustomed to playing this game with my right hand moving the stick and left hand pressing buttons, and the original Taito cabinet is the other way around, so the best I was able to do after 5 or so credits was about 35k.

You might be interested in this project by our member Stigzler > link

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB ( > you've climbed to the 12th spot of our Leaderboard !)

• Like 2

My bro has this game on his iCade cabinet in his game store, So I have had plenty of practice :)

I used to play a game like this one on my first PC, but the name wasn't qix, but "xonix" or something like that.

then the "draw and cut games" I played on arcades were gals' panic and others like that :D

I'll give qix a try :D

So I think I got this game figured out. Not completely, but enough to play a bit more competently. Split Qix and 3x multiplier this time!

ExedExes - 70,288

A solid second place. Nice improvement ExedExes :) Adding 25K+ points to your best Qix score is very nice indeed !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 5 weeks later...

I seriously do not enjoy this game...this is my firs and final post :)

Quite similar to what my missus said,

She said "Why do you play this s*** for? Seriously the worst game I have ever seen" :o

• Like 1

Quite similar to what my missus said,

She said "Why do you play this s*** for? Seriously the worst game I have ever seen" :o

:) - To each their own for sure but I agree...I do not see the appeal at all with this game at all. Maybe my brain just is not smart enough...LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

here was all I could muster.

that top score is off the chain rack man, wow.

not sure I'm doing multiplier thing right.

Yung-Jedi 87,572

post-26673-0-26738200-1404637507_thumb.j

here was all I could muster.

that top score is off the chain rack man, wow.

not sure I'm doing multiplier thing right.

Yung-Jedi 87,572

...pretty good score though. Second place at the Qix board :)

Still a decent score though my Yung apprentice.

I think if this game was in the MAME bash of the year I would have walked away with top place.

I don't think you would have walked away with top place...I am 100% sure you'd have destroyed the competition ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

Still a decent score though my Yung apprentice.

I think if this game was in the MAME bash of the year I would have walked away with top place.

Oh, we would have a large advantage if this were in the tourney.

• 7 months later...

Wow, almost an entire year has gone by since this game was posted, and I never entered a score. Sorry it took me so long guys! I probably would have had a higher score, but on stage 3 when I split the 2 sticks, I was holding down the wrong button and did a fast line instead of a slow, so my score could have been more. Oh well. Still enjoyed this, and I beat GC anyway. :P

Score: 51,206

Initials: HAN

post-569-0-03339700-1424033561_thumb.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 5 months later...