All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Missing MAME games

ChrisMC

Please forgive me, most probaply this issue was discussed again but I couldn't find any answer.

I have working ROMs in MAME UI but they don't appear in the MAME list in GameEx.

I have try disabling the "Verify ROMs" but still the same (and the rest of filters set to true).

What is the procedure to check those "not showing" MAME ROMs?

(An example of not showing ROM is the Q-BERT)

I guess something went wrong ^_^ Try hitting "More Reply Options" button, you can then attach files :)

In the meantime, can you clarify that you hit "Update List" within GameEx MAME section after you made the changes? You must do this every time you make any changes in the MAME setup ;)

I forgot to press "Attach This File" :blink: ... sorry about this.

I always press OK when I got a message to update list. By the way, is there a way to update the list manually?

NP! Happens to the best of us ^_^

Yes launch GameEx, go to MAME, at the very bottom of the list it should be there. You will normally need to do this manually every time you make a change, otherwise you will only see the gamelist you had before you made any changes. ;)

If it isn't showing for you, you may have disabled it without realising (we all tend to tinker like mad with GE when we first install it! great fun! :lol:). To make sure it isn't disabled launch the Setup Wizard then Enable/Disable Features. Make sure Hide Update List=No, launch GE.

• Like 1

Ok, so now you know how the MAME list works! It will come in handy in future for you :)

Try setting Allow Imperfect to True/Yes and Update List again (i know it takes a while, but once you have your list how you like it, it won't need to be done again ;) )

There are many games in MAME that are marked as "imperfect". This can be for many reasons - sometimes for major graphical glitches, others because the sound emulation isn't 100% perfect. The point is most of these games are entirely playable from start to end and are only marked as imperfect for trivial reasons. Try allowing imperfect, update your list and you should have many more games :)

• Like 1