All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Puzzle Bobble

Posted this one to show how wildly different the scores can be. I pretty much just scrapped along here, and although I got further my score is much lower than the last post. There seems to be a considerable amount of luck required to get big score multipliers.

post-8-0-53783500-1409945070_thumb.jpg

There's been so much activity on this particular game, I decided to go back to it. Our new guy is right, plenty of ways to score high abound, especially when you know the right angles to bounce the balls at! After an afternoon with it, I'm ready to take back my top 2nd place position on this again. (edit: for now)

ExedExes - 2,921,580

post-25936-0-32369600-1409973619_thumb.p

• Like 1

There's been so much activity on this particular game, I decided to go back to it. Our new guy is right, plenty of ways to score high abound, especially when you know the right angles to bounce the balls at! After an afternoon with it, I'm ready to take back my top 2nd place position on this again. (edit: for now)

ExedExes - 2,921,580

I enjoy this game.

I went a bit ham sandwich.

Jedi Mind Trick 4,320,810

This is what i like to see guys! Competition has gone all crazy up in here! B)

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

What a great game. I couldn't understand at first where those massive scores are coming from, then the realization came that not every stage in the game is supposed to be speedran, and most of the score comes from bonuses in just a few stages.

P.S. I had a brainfart while entering my initials - couldn't locate the dot and the timer ran out. If you can't accept this score, then my submission is the second one (with initials):

post-28027-0-23030500-1428793193_thumb.p

What a great game. I couldn't understand at first where those massive scores are coming from, then the realization came that not every stage in the game is supposed to be speedran, and most of the score comes from bonuses in just a few stages....

When I keep that in mind I should definitely be able to beat my 170K score. Thanks Don :)

Nice to see another Puzzle Bobble submission. It motivates me to revisit this game !

A better score:

:o A solid 3rd place score B) . Nice job Don !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

Nice to see another Puzzle Bobble submission. It motivates me to revisit this game !

Wow ! You're absolutely right DonPedro not every stage in the game is supposed to be speedran, and most of the score comes from bonuses in just a few stages :)

I was able to boost my score BIGTIME !

initials: DEN

post-10451-0-18649900-1428838668_thumb.p

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

I had to get out of the cellar on this one. I still hate this game :)

Lol :D At least you're now on the top 10 board !

I was able to boost my score bigtime when I got to the higher levels. Usually I also get 100 - 200K scores ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Today's score has been brought to you by the numbers 17 and 1,310,720 B)

Still a lot to learn, but I'm getting somewhere.

To be fair to everyone: here's a very useful FAQ for the game, which helped me to understand how it should be approached and how fundamentally wrong I've been before with some of my notions. I recommend reading it to anyone who wants to be serious about scoring for the game. The diagrams at the end of the FAQ are especially important. I printed them and keep them on my desk when playing the game, to have a quick glance before each level has started. Until I've memorized the stages it helps me to quickly remind myself what I'm supposed to do in each stage.

post-28027-0-17999800-1429138995_thumb.p

• Like 1

Wow geez! :o Way to take over the top spot! I don't quite get your reference to 17 and 1,310,720 (other than from Sesame Street). Anyway, thanks for the link to a good FAQ. They're always welcome.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Wow geez! :o Way to take over the top spot! I don't quite get your reference to 17 and 1,310,720 (other than from Sesame Street). Anyway, thanks for the link to a good FAQ. They're always welcome.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

1,310,720 is the highest possible bonus and you get it for dropping 17 or more bubbles with one shot. That's the key to scoring in Puzzle Bobble.

While I'm replying to this topic:

...and I promise not to spam the thread with my score entries for at least a week ;)

post-28027-0-71961200-1429225822_thumb.p

• Like 1

...To be fair to everyone: here's a very useful FAQ for the game, which helped me to understand how it should be approached and how fundamentally wrong I've been before with some of my notions. I recommend reading it to anyone who wants to be serious about scoring for the game. The diagrams at the end of the FAQ are especially important. I printed them and keep them on my desk when playing the game, to have a quick glance before each level has started. Until I've memorized the stages it helps me to quickly remind myself what I'm supposed to do in each stage.

Wow !! Thanks for the FAQ link :) This will really help me out to improve my score. It's kind of addictive when you start to play this game ^_^

1,310,720 is the highest possible bonus and you get it for dropping 17 or more bubbles with one shot. That's the key to scoring in Puzzle Bobble.

While I'm replying to this topic:

...and I promise not to spam the thread with my score entries for at least a week ;)

:o:o Killer score DonPedro !! NICE B) ....it will be tough to beat your 10M score ! I'll definitely give it a shot though after reading the FAQ ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

There was a time when 297K was a good #1 score for this game. Pepperidge Farm remembers....

It's a new age for this game, so time for a new age score.

ExedExes - 5,569,140

...and defintely a new age improvement ;) A solid 2nd place at our Puzzle Bobble Board !

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...