All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Question regarding the youtube feature in gameex

aldub516

So ive basically stripped down the functions of gameex, for my friends cabinet, as im trying to remove as many variable as i can from the machine not working properly. Dvds seem to not play, or play properly, so ive discarded all the dvd playback and ripping features. The only one ive decided to keep is the youtube feature. But when i go to the youtube app in gameex, it only gives me options to view "most popular" and "most recent" videos and such, which are the same handful of videos that never change. When i go to search, and search a term, it acts as a gameex search and just brings up roms within gameex matching whatever i type. So, is the youtube app in gameex actually a fully functioning, youtube app where i can search and watch whatever i want? Or am i missing something. Thanks for the help

Hey. im currently used the acidbrain theme.. But have tried 4 or 5 themes, and non seem to work with youtube. When i go to youtube, the first option is search, which just searches my game library.. then most popular, best rated, top searched and such. and as i said, all those options just give me the same list of ridiculous weird videos. Ive tried 5 themes thus far, kab.net, donkey kong, and another random few. Can you recommend a theme to try to make sure theres not another problem besides the theme?

Tempest is right, AcidBrain is a very old theme. Try Default - Default, or Default - Media Center. I just tried the YT section and it found my own vids so it definitely works. After you have entered your search term, you may need to use the "Menu Bar" to switch the search focus. When i say Menu Bar i mean the bar that usually houses "By Category, By Year" etc when using GameEx normally.

AFTER you enter a search term, this (menu) will change to "Search Games, Search Media, Search Music, Search YouTube"

Click that and you should get to where you want to be :)

Ok I'll give that a try. Sucks most the themes I like are apparently too old for the YouTube function. Anything I should look for when downloading themes? Such as versions or anything? Or is it trial and error. I don't want to have to sacrifice a nice theme or YouTube function

If you have a theme that you like that is a Version 2 theme, you can create a new theme from it using Theme Editor and save the theme as a Version 4 theme (under a different name, of course). This will allow you to better utilize the current GameEx extras that the Version 2 themes do not support.