All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need help with game names on list

uberpubert69

My screensaver/Attract mode is now unstable because of being unable to close the Dolphin emulator down and makes gameex crash. The log I provided above should contain the info of that. If not I'll upload another for you guys to look at. You've all been a godsend. :)

Well I have two suggestions, that I would try in order. But first, if your Launch After command isn't working, get rid of it for now.

• Find the Advanced Config field on the Advanced Emulator Setup screen in the Setup Wizard. You can see the field I'm referring to in your first screenshot in this post (it currently says [Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)). Try changing that selection to [Mapping Off] Exit (ALT+F4). For some reason I'm thinking that Dolphin likes the key combo exit.
  • If that doesn't work, I'm going to suggest that you doctor up your taskkill command. Taskkill works at the OS level, so I would be very surprised if you couldn't make it work somehow. As Draco pointed out, you're current command will definitely not work. I believe tskill is still supported in Win8, but you need to use the proper command switches - which you aren't. Please review this article which provides some examples of how to use both taskkill and tskill. Once you're positive you're using the command correctly, if it still doesn't work you have likely identified an incorrect process name in the command. This will require some detective work on your part. You will need to start your task manager (try to have as few processes running as possible when you do this). Next start up a game in the Dolphin emulator. Now in your task manager go to the processes tab and identify the process(es) associated with Dolphin. The value in the Image Name field is what you'll need to use in conjunction with your taskkill or tskill command.
  • Like 2

Well I have two suggestions, that I would try in order. But first, if your Launch After command isn't working, get rid of it for now.

• Find the Advanced Config field on the Advanced Emulator Setup screen in the Setup Wizard. You can see the field I'm referring to in your first screenshot in this post (it currently says [Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)). Try changing that selection to [Mapping Off] Exit (ALT+F4). For some reason I'm thinking that Dolphin likes the key combo exit.

• If that doesn't work, I'm going to suggest that you doctor up your taskkill command. Taskkill works at the OS level, so I would be very surprised if you couldn't make it work somehow. As Draco pointed out, you're current command will definitely not work. I believe tskill is still supported in Win8, but you need to use the proper command switches - which you aren't. Please review this article which provides some examples of how to use both taskkill and tskill. Once you're positive you're using the command correctly, if it still doesn't work you have likely identified an incorrect process name in the command. This will require some detective work on your part. You will need to start your task manager (try to have as few processes running as possible when you do this). Next start up a game in the Dolphin emulator. Now in your task manager go to the processes tab and identify the process(es) associated with Dolphin. The value in the Image Name field is what you'll need to use in conjunction with your taskkill or tskill command.

You're the best man! Your first recommendation worked and now the game closes properly! :D