All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need help with game names on list

uberpubert69

I would have preferred to have the map file working, but if this is what it takes to make it work so be it! I was a bit concerned about additional wathed processes that may come to bear, but I think we're good there as I believe the batch window will stay open as long as the launched process (Dolphin) is still running. If it works (or even if it almost works) there may still be a bit of room for tuning.

Yeah i always had this solution locked 'n' loaded as a last resort and it seems we have come to that. I really would have liked to get the map file working but as you said it seems a lost cause in this instance. I know exactly where Uberpubert is coming from though - i've dabbled with Wii modding a bit in the past so i understand completely the need to keep things as they are. In the end i went with Dolphin with the hi-res and AA ^_^ That was my choice though of course.

Bat files though as tedious as they are, just work. And we can manipulate them much more than map files! :)

• Like 1

Yeah i always had this solution locked 'n' loaded as a last resort and it seems we have come to that. I really would have liked to get the map file working but as you said it seems a lost cause in this instance. I know exactly where Uberpubert is coming from though - i've dabbled with Wii modding a bit in the past so i understand completely the need to keep things as they are. In the end i went with Dolphin with the hi-res and AA ^_^ That was my choice though of course.

Bat files though as tedious as they are, just work. And we can manipulate them much more than map files! :)

I love Wii/GC gaming on the PC better. The only reason I still have my Wii is because games like Star Wars Rouge Squadron 2 and a few other games just don't work on Dolphin.

So I tried the .bat thing and it doesnt work because the bat doesn't know where Dolphin is to execute if the working path is where the BAT files are. Do I need to include the path to dolphin in the bat somewhere?

So I tried the .bat thing and it doesnt work because the bat doesn't know where Dolphin is to execute if the working path is where the BAT files are. Do I need to include the path to dolphin in the bat somewhere?

No each .bat should have the entire command (or set of commands) it it. Sorry I messed that up earlier. So if you include the path to Dolphin in your batch command it should work out:

"Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" -e "I:\Games\G2ME01 Metriod Prime 2 Echoes\game.iso"

You could also do do the directory navigation right there in the batch file if you preferred:

Q:cd Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe -e "I:\Games\G2ME01 Metriod Prime 2 Echoes\game.iso"

There are actually quite a few ways to skin that cat. ;) Good luck man I think you're getting pretty close here.

• Like 1

No each .bat should have the entire command (or set of commands) it it. Sorry I messed that up earlier. So if you include the path to Dolphin in your batch command it should work out:

"Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" -e "I:\Games\G2ME01 Metriod Prime 2 Echoes\game.iso"

You could also do do the directory navigation right there in the batch file if you preferred:

Q:cd Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe -e "I:\Games\G2ME01 Metriod Prime 2 Echoes\game.iso"

There are actually quite a few ways to skin that cat. ;) Good luck man I think you're getting pretty close here.

I've tried both formats and nothing happens. are you sure i have to have the working path the same as the rom path?

C:\GameEx>chcp 65001

Active code page: 65001

C:\GameEx>Q:

Q:\>CD "Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms"

ECHO is on.

Dolphin.exe -e "Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms\Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.bat"

ECHO is on.

Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms>PAUSE

Press any key to continue . . .

then something pops up too fast and I cant copy it. But if I load the batch files by themselves they work

Your command is still wrong. It is literally just

"[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

and nothing else. Working path could really be whatever you want being that it's the bat file itself that "knows" where to find the emulator.OMGO

OMG its so damn sexy! I have the beginnings of a list that is no longer poop and actually WORKS. and making more BATs is gonna be pretty easy I just copy the folder name of the game into the bat you supplied me with and save as the game I'm making the bat for. I actually think this is simpler than all that MAP crap. Screw MAP files lol at least in this instance haha thank you very much to all who gave their 2 cents :D I'm so happy to see my gamecube games working without changing their name format. Now I shall apply this to my Wii games as well :D

• Like 3

Ok, so the .bat files are working wonderfully except for 1 minor thing. If I quit out of any of the games the emulator does not shut down and runs in the background after GameEx pops back up. Is there anything in GameEx I can put or in the bat files themselves to make the game and emulator quit when I do my hotkey to close?

Try this, in Advanced Emulator Setup, find Launch After, put:

taskkill /IM emulator.exe

Replacing "emulator" with your actual emulator exe

Will I need the directory of the emulator in that command? Because everything is set up in the .bat files the working path isn't to the dolphin emulator

Will I need the directory of the emulator in that command? Because everything is set up in the .bat files the working path isn't to the dolphin emulator

AFAIK no, the command will instruct Windows whatever process you name to die, regardless of path or origin - it just kills whatever matches your command :)

I will put this lil disclaimer though - it's been a while so i'm a lil rusty :D it should work though.

EDIT - also what Tempest said, there are a few ways

• Like 1

AFAIK no, the command will instruct Windows whatever process you name to die, regardless of path or origin - it just kills whatever matches your command :)

I will put this lil disclaimer though - it's been a while so i'm a lil rusty :D it should work though.

EDIT - also what Tempest said, there are a few ways

The command you gave me does not work. :( Game still runs in the background.

Oh maybe i got the syntax wrong, like i said i'm rusty :D Try the same with a capital:

Taskkill /IM emulator.exe

If not try:

Taskkill /IM emulator.exe /F

The /F is a force switch.

EDIT - i just had a thought, it might depend on OS which command will work :rolleyes: Try also tskill in replacement of taskkill

Whether you use taskkill or tskill will depend on what version of Windows you are running. Also remember that tskill has different command line switches that taskkill. See here:

Kill a process with tskill or taskkill

But yeah using a different Advanced Emulator Config is also a pretty great option.

Ahh i'm propably getting mixed up with my recent move from XP to W7 lol It's all jumbled! Apologies Uberpubert if i wasted your time ^_^

Whether you use taskkill or tskill will depend on what version of Windows you are running. Also remember that tskill has different command line switches that taskkill. See here:

Kill a process with tskill or taskkill

But yeah using a different Advanced Emulator Config is also a pretty great option.

Have no idea what you're suggesting me to do. Assume I'm a 3 year old that doesn't have any idea what the Advanced Emulator Config options are about. lol btw I'm on Windows 8.1

Ahh i'm propably getting mixed up with my recent move from XP to W7 lol It's all jumbled! Apologies Uberpubert if i wasted your time ^_^

Naw man, you gave me options. Just not options that worked lol. I appreciate any help! :D

There may be a child process invoked when loading the emulator. Try:

Taskkill /IM emulator.exe /f /t

Tried that amd it didn't work either.

When you get a sec would you mind posting your emulator config? You don't need to post your entire GameEx config or anything just export your emulator settings form the Emulator Selection screen in the Setup Wizard.

My config is the same as the last time that I uploaded my config. But here

post-5286-0-93415800-1397952209_thumb.pnpost-5286-0-60798900-1397952216_thumb.pn

OPlease provide a copy of your log.txt file. We need to know what version of Windows you are running. I see in your launch after that you have the CMD line for tskill. Likely, you are going to have to run it from a .bat file to invoke a CMD then the command line to kill the process using tskill or taskkill command.

• Like 1

OPlease provide a copy of your log.txt file. We need to know what version of Windows you are running. I see in your launch after that you have the CMD line for tskill. Likely, you are going to have to run it from a .bat file to invoke a CMD then the command line to kill the process using tskill or taskkill command.

Well like I said earlier I'm running windows 8.1 64 bit. Here is my log

C:\GameEx>chcp 65001

Active code page: 65001

C:\GameEx>Q:

Q:\>CD "Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms"

ECHO is on.

"Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms\Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life (USA).bat"

tskill /IM Dolphin.exe /f /t

Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms>PAUSE

Press any key to continue . . .

Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms>"Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms\Harvest Moon - A

Wonderful Life (USA).bat"

Q:\Roms\Nintendo GameCube\Roms>"Q:\Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" -e "I:\Games\G

YWEE9 Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life\game.iso"