All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Toobin'

Crazy game! :D I quickly found out i wasn't being fast enough too - dam croc ate me! :o

Nice first score Dazz ! .....but I know you can do better than this ;)

Remember you can throws cans not only at the other tuber (...is that correct english :huh: ) but also at the tree-trunks, crocs etc !! Good luck !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

This game is a lot more fun than I remember. The "guitar" music is god-awful though.

So, I went in the warp zone on level one and got: 638,637. We're not going to count that are we?

Otherwise, I got 51,103. It's under DLL because I messed up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xakg5lgisqnfxue/0002.png

This game is a lot more fun than I remember. The "guitar" music is god-awful though.

So, I went in the warp zone on level one and got: 638,637. We're not going to count that are we?

Otherwise, I got 51,103. It's under DLL because I messed up.

It's not because I have the top score right now ;) ...but I'm leaning towards not allowing to make use of the warp zone.

I think none of the other Toobin' players have been using the warp zone so I think that would be most fair...

I'd love to hear the opinion of other hi-score members about wether or not allowing to make use of the warp zone...

Fow now I've added your 51,103 score to the competition.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

I agree with GC in this matter. It's not because it's a really great score and we're just being mean. In the past, we've been very strict about using TwinGalaxies rules, and in every case they prohibit the use of things like Glitches, Safety Nets and other things like that. Now, provided the game IS programmed to include these things, TG generally shunned the idea of using anything other than just straight playing without any advantages. This warp zone is not automatically provided, you have to KNOW about it and how to get it, so somebody that's never played the game before would have a disadvantage to somebody who is aware, and that gives the person using these things an unfair "head start". So it is my "tying vote" that we agree to not use this warp zone for this game.

• Like 2

I agree with you both. Plus if we were to accept my score, you would all have to replay using the warp zone to stand a chance.

It's a good thing to know if we were ever to see a Toobin' machine in an actual arcade. I'm not above point farming in an actual arcade.

Hi all!

The name is ExedExes, I saw these forums here when I checked on the stats of the current Shoot Em Up tournament. I'm playing that in a team with Dunpeal2064, we're both from the racketboy.com forums, where I'm currently hosting a Game of the Month high score thread (for shmups) over there!

I see you all have some great games going here in MAME -- Toobin is a good one. I've also played it for years on the NES.

Hoping that a few days more on this game will help me to do a little better!

146,737 using default settings on MAMEUI32 0.141

I hope I am doing this right, I read the rules.

post-25936-0-71068100-1390866649_thumb.p

• Like 1

Welcome!

I recognize your name from somewhere - probably racketboy as you mentioned. I never posted but was a lurker for quite a while ^_^ Good to have you on board and nice score!

Thanks! I also participated in the forum-wide STGT at shmups.org in 2012 as part of Team Coffer made up of other Racketboy members. I like shmups, but I have a real love for other classic arcade games too!

Thanks! I also participated in the forum-wide STGT at shmups.org in 2012 as part of Team Coffer made up of other Racketboy members. I like shmups, but I have a real love for other classic arcade games too!

Hello ExedExes. You're more than welcome to join our competition !! I'll update the Toobin hi-score table tomorrow or Han should beat me to it ... ;)

I'll also sent you a PM tomorrow with some more info about our competition. Thank your for joining :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

Got a better score!

ExedExes - 215,109

ALMOST made it to the end of Class 1. I'll try to do that.

That's a BIG score ExedExes !! I've been trying to beat my hi-score of 168K but with no success....with only a short day left you may have posted the winning score of this Game of the Month edition....or will someone beat your hi-score today. Let's wait and see :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

If I had known about all this earlier, there would have been a few more months that I might have taken #1 in. I just love classic arcade games. Notice how well I'm doing at the shmup competition however, and I love them a lot more. :lol:

Anyway, this is my final score. Completed Class 1! Then died somewhere in the Yukon.

ExedExes - 327,188

Watch out for me on the previous month's game threads!

post-25936-0-67090200-1391205895_thumb.p

If I had known about all this earlier, there would have been a few more months that I might have taken #1 in. I just love classic arcade games. Notice how well I'm doing at the shmup competition however, and I love them a lot more. :lol:

Anyway, this is my final score. Completed Class 1! Then died somewhere in the Yukon.

ExedExes - 327,188

Watch out for me on the previous month's game threads!

Awesome job! You took your previous score of 215,109 and added another 100k to it! That score was also submitted in the the time limit, so congratulations are in order as well for becoming the latest in a long line of GOTM Winners! With this achievement, GC should be in touch with you shortly with your badge of honor. Wear it proudly!

Good job to everybody who participated in this month's GOTM. We had a lot more participation in this game then we did the last, and it was a lot more fun! The controls for this game were funky, but it looks like you guys got the hang of it. I wish I did, but the 2 or 3 times I tried I sucked WAY to much. So way to go guys!

If you're just joining us, please feel free to continue submitting scores for this game. The GOTM contest is over, but you can still submit scores, overthrow ExedExes, and move up your position on our Leaderboard!

See you guys at the next GOTM!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Congratulations ExedExes !!

You have really deserved to win this GOTM edition. It's an unbelievably good score without making use of warpzones !! It's a shame the Toobin's t-shirt contest is over..you might have won it ;) I wonder if some of the contest winners still has a Toobin' t-shirt. I would have definitely kept it.

Because you have won our Game of the Month you have received your personal banner for winning the December's Game of the Month competition !! (see PM)
We are glad to have you as a hi-score member and I can't wait for your other hi-score submissions ! Note: The GOTM contest is over, but you can still play and submit Toobin' hi-scores. We'll keep updating the Toobin hi-score table and Leaderboard !

...and quoting Han: "Good job to everybody who participated in this month's GOTM. We had a lot more participation in this game then we did the last, and it was a lot more fun"

@ Han: thanks for updating the threads Han. I've been really - and stil am - TOO busy at work. It's driving me crazy :unsure::wacko: So thanks again. It's great we're both Hi-Score mods and can help each other out. I really like that ^_^ Keep up the good work buddy and I hope you're feeling better !

Updated Leaderboard