All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx not listing Mame roms past CarnEvil since last update.

UNFORGIVEN II

You may want to try deleting the cache files and updating your list again after making the updates. Also, if you would be so kind as to provide an updated copy of your gameex.ini and log.txt files when reporting continued issues with GameEx following any updates you make - much appreciated!

I removed the history dat from the settings. Everything is back to normal except that I still don't have any Neo Geo in the list still. I checked the mameinfo.dat and there isn't any neo geo listed under manufactures' everything is under SNK or SNK Playmore.

You may want to try deleting the cache files and updating your list again after making the updates. Also, if you would be so kind as to provide an updated copy of your gameex.ini and log.txt files when reporting continued issues with GameEx following any updates you make - much appreciated!

The .dbcache files in the data folder ?

All cache files in the data folder - may have cache in the file name or extension. These will rebuild.

I deleted the cache files and did an update with the history dat again. still the same problem. one odd thing that noticed, is that with the history dat included while writing the games list it gets to about 10xxx games then resets the count and counts up to 29xx and goes to the next job, then when checking the game list it ends at CarnEvil. Without the history dat it counts to 10xxx and goes on to the next job and all the games are there.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Its really strange... like i said, i didnt have any problems with the files, except the NeoGeo empty list stuff. Right at the moment, I have a complete Rom-Set on my Laptop but without CHDs. So maybe, if I would be back on my Cab (which has CHDs like Carnevil), i could have similar problems like user Unforgiven have.

But right now, everything is fine on my Laptop, except empty NeoGeo list.

I can create a list for the NeoGeo stuff, so that this is working again. So i guess i was right with the SNK stuff, for finding all NeoGeo games?

I did what was suggested on page 1 by opening the 151 history.dat from Arcade history in notepad and replacing all instances of | with blank space

This fixes the carnEvil bug, but I don't understand why Neo-Geo games are being excluded in that catagory when they show up in MAME all games.

I just read another post on a forum and it had me thinking of this issue

source of post is here ---> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=317234&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&new=1384181956

hi,from MAME 0.151 some source files have a ".inc" extension, and they are listed as the "sourcefile" tag in the -listxml output, specially the "source\mame\src\mame\drivers\neogeo.inc".Will all other driver files be updated with this new extension ?Is there a reason why the ".c" extension is being replaced ?The game filters in my frontend Emu Loader rely on the .c extension to check driver names. I know I'm the one that need to fix this in my software yes, but I'm curious about the new files.Thank you.
  • Like 2

Please try the attached replacement gameex.exe and let me know if its fixed. I tested with MAME 0.151 with and without filters in GameEx and I don't have any issues with it.

Cheers.

Tom.

Works perfectly. Thank you Tom. Your time and work is appreciated very much.