All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Q*Bert

hansolo77

not a fan of this qbert lol i played all the games and didn't switch the dip switches

Hi wolfman: you can play Q-bert at default settings (see post #1) > you don't have to change / switch the dip switches :)

Some of our other hi-score games do require you to change some settings. We're are following the Twin Galaxies settings for each game.

Just see post #1 of each hi-score game thread to see which dip switch settings you have to use :)

A little better... Trying to move up!

@ ehuonder: second place now at the Q*Bert's high score table, nice ! ......can somebody beat stephen's top score and become Game of the Month Winner? .....we will see :)

attachicon.gifqber0001.png

initials: wlf

Settings used of post #1

mame 1.06

@ wolfman24: nice improvement wolfman > you've more than doubled your best score. Keep up the good work :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

arrrrgh how do guys even control this guy?! he seems to go in wrong direction for me lol how he jump off the left edge when i press up :wacko: don't think i'll be competing in this one ^_^

It's just getting used to it. This is how it works:

> = going down diagonally right

∨ = going down diagonally left

< = going up diagonally left

∧ = going up diagonally right

The game is designed for a 4-way diagonal stick. If you don't have a diagonal stick, it is not an intuitive game to play.

If you play it for a short while you don't even have to think about which key you have to press. It's just getting used to it :)

I find it easy on a keyboard but love the feel on my Cabinet...I just suck at it. I would try to go for second but there is NO WAY I can get to #1...there is a point when I am on Stage 2-4 and I feel like there is 8 bad things on the screen and me...forget it! :)

The game is designed for a 4-way diagonal stick. If you don't have a diagonal stick, it is not an intuitive game to play.

It's just getting used to it. This is how it works:

> = going down diagonally right

∨ = going down diagonally left

< = going up diagonally left

∧ = going up diagonally right

OK thanks for the tips guys i'll try again. As i'm using a pad i might just turn it 45 degrees :) Originally i was trying to use the diagonals on my pad which would result in major brain spasms - i don't like feeling drunk unless i'm drinking :D

OK thanks for the tips guys i'll try again. As i'm using a pad i might just turn it 45 degrees :) Originally i was trying to use the diagonals on my pad which would result in major brain spasms - i don't like feeling drunk unless i'm drinking :D

HAHA lol :P ....Good luck Dazz !

10 days left to become our Game of the Month winner of September. Good luck everyone.

10 days left to become our Game of the Month winner of September. Good luck everyone.

lol not a chance! But i did do a lot better after your tips so thanks again :) I did turn my pad 45 degrees and it helped - well i didn't jump straight off the edge with all 3 lives as i did before! :P This is just a start and i'm last, but i'll be back you can count on that ;)

Score: 11,540

Initials: DAZ

post-6865-0-36575900-1380319146_thumb.pn

lol not a chance! But i did do a lot better after your tips so thanks again :) I did turn my pad 45 degrees and it helped - well i didn't jump straight off the edge with all 3 lives as i did before! :P This is just a start and i'm last, but i'll be back you can count on that ;)

Score: 11,540

No prob Dazz. I'm glad you're getting the hang of it :) Nice score to start your Q*Bert quest ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

And this month's Game winner is

stephen - 111,230 (link)

Congrats! GC should be in contact with you shortly with instructions on obtaining your GOTM winner's badge/signature. Wear it proudly!

That being said, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everybody that you can still take advantage of playing this game and posting highscores. While you may not be able to earn the GOTM winner title, you can still beat out Stephen's score and claim 1st place. It will help you bolster your position over on our overall leaderboard (link). But you don't need to be in first place to have a good ranking; simply posting any score will earn you some points to get on the board, so join in the fun and play with us!

@ Stephen: congratulations winning our Game of the Month competition of September !

With your amazing 100K + score you really deserved to win this :) I'll keep on playing this hi-score game and with any luck I hope to become as good as you on this game.

Because you're a Game of the Month winner you've been awarded a signature banner :) See this thread and I've also sent you a PM.

...and quoting Han: "everybody can still take advantage of playing this game and posting highscores".

Happy hi-scoring everyone !

GC

My score is a bit late, but as they say "Better late than never"

post-569-0-87793900-1380818915_thumb.png

Score: 2,800

Initials: HAN

Probably shouldn't even bother posting it, considering it's the absolute lowest and most ridiculous score ever. But hey, least I participated right? :) I just have a new found respect of Stephen, that's all I have to say.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1