All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Auto loading individual PinballFX2 tables via Gameex

rockyrocket

Here is what I came up with for the loader. It's a shame that the games aren't displayed alphabetically because then there would be no need for the map file, which of course will need to be updated every time something changes. I wonder if there is a file that PinBallFX2 uses to determine the position of each game in the list? That would be the ideal solution.

I changed the map file into an ini file for simplicity

[Star Wars - Episode V The Empire Strikes Back]R=1C=1[Star Wars - The clone Wars]R=1C=2[Star Wars - Boba Fett]R=1C=3[The Avengers]R=1C=4[Fear Itself]R=1C=5[Infinity Gauntlet]R=1C=6[World War Hulk]R=1C=7[Blade]R=2C=1[Iron Man]R=2C=2[Spider Man]R=2C=3[Wolverine]R=2C=4[Captain America]R=2C=5[Fantastic Four]R=2C=6[Civil War]R=2C=7[Thor]R=3C=1[Moon Knight]R=3C=2[Ghost Rider]R=3C=3[X-Men]R=3C=4[Earth Defence]R=3C=5[Mars]R=3C=6[Excalibur]R=3C=7[Paranormal]R=4C=1[Epic Quest]R=4C=2[Mysteries Of The Deep]R=4C=3[Biolab]R=4C=4[Pasha]R=4C=5[Rome]R=4C=6[Shaman]R=4C=7[Tesla]R=5C=1[Eldorado]R=5C=2[V12]R=5C=3[Sorcerer`s Lair]R=5C=4

PinballFX2_Loader.ahk

#SingleInstance forceSetTitleMatchMode 2SetKeyDelay, 20 ;Use key delay instead of Sleep, 20DetectHiddenWindows OnIniRead, Row, %A_ScriptDir%\Map.ini, %1%, R, ErrorIniRead, Column, %A_ScriptDir%\Map.ini, %1%, C, ErrorIf (Row = "Error") or (Column = "Error") ; column or row not found   ExitAppRow --  ;subtract 1 from row and columnColumn --RegRead, SteamDirPath, HKLM, Software\Valve\Steam, InstallPathIf ErrorLevel SteamDirPath := A_ScriptDir ; If Registry key not found use the script dirRun, "%SteamDirPath%\Steam.exe" -applaunch 226980,,UseErrorLevelWinWait, ahk_class PxWindowClass,, 10 ;wait for 10 secondsIf ErrorLevel = 1   ExitAppWinActivate, ahk_class PxWindowClassWinWaitActive, ahk_class PxWindowClass,, 10If ErrorLevel = 1   ExitAppSleep, 15000Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}Sleep, 500Loop, %Row%   Send {Down Down}, Send {Down Up}Loop, %Column%   Send {Right Down}, Send {Right Up}Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}Process, WaitClose, PinballFX2ACloader.exeExitApp

Usage

"H:\AHK\My AHK\GameEx Scripts\Loaders\PinballFX2\PinballFX2_Loader.ahk" "[ROM]"

As I said, I don't have PinballFX2 installed so I can't fully test this. I still am not sure if I have the 'send keys' correctly, but you should be able to make adjustments in that section if necessary. I subtracted 1 from the column and row because it seemed like the right thing to do. :P

PinballFX2.7z

Having thought about it, I don't think that my method will work at all. :(

Damn.

One other thing that I forgot was that gameex needs the game snaps/video`s named the same as the AHK`s so even if you use the map you still then need to name the snaps R1-C1 ect.

So with each menu change you either name the AHK`s or the snaps :( , or can gameex be made to use the map name somehow IDK?.

As for the layout, tables were released both in groups (starwars set - marvel superheroes - other marvel sets ect) and then zens own original tables individually, so the menu keeps the sets together and fills the gaps in the matrix with the zen tables.

As to predicting the future layout - who knows :wacko:.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello all !

Is there any update for this launcher ?

and i'm a newbies , what is le complete process to install this "shorcuts" in Gameex ?

thanks a lot

If you take a snapshot of your menu either with printscreen or just your phone.

Then we can see what tables you have and I will sort out what you need for you.

hello rockyrocket

here's my screenshot

thanks a lot.

You have all of them then :) .

Probably will not get around to it today, but before I do can I just check if you have Autohotkey installed?, and also where you have your steam install?.

Also can you log into steam or start it in offline mode then unzip and double click the attached file - thanks.

R1-C1.7z

Ha you replied as I was uploading some video`s :) .

Anyway please try the attached files (PBFX2 Launchers) you should be able to just double click them and the correct table should load (no need for AHK).

If you are not logged into steam or in offline mode then the launcher will fail first time but then should work ok after that.

If all starts fine then please see the first post for instructions for installing into Gameex - but if you get stuck just ask.

I have uploaded the preview video`s` that I use (Pincab ones rotated upright - with the correct names) to mediafire if you need some, the link is here...

https://www.mediafire.com/?07nitoy3n0mfi40

I guess you will want to rename most of them into french right?.

Work is super busy for me at the moment so If I am not about for a bit please don`t think you are being ignored.

PBFX2 Launchers.7z

PBFX2 ahks.7z

If you mean each table show up individually in the menu then sure.

I will not be about again now until wednesday, but am glad to help then if thats ok - but if anyone else wants to jump in then please do.

Can you confirm that double clicking one of the launchers starts a table correctly?.

Cool glad it works for you.
So to get this going in Gameex lets use my setup as an example;
my "loaders are in a folder called "PBFX2 links" that is itself in my D:/games/pbfx2 folder.
My table vids are also in this folder.

The first thing to do is place the PinballFX2.ini from the download into your GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS folder.
You can now put your loaders anywhere you like and point the set-up wizard to them.

The command line needed is ""[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]""

In the Advanced Config box choose your "PinballFX2" ini

Then you should be good to go :) .

To better illustrate whats needed please see the screen captures from my set-up wizard - just remember to change your paths to suit.

post-6857-0-92674600-1387303845_thumb.pn

post-6857-0-77296700-1387303872_thumb.pn

post-6857-0-24906500-1387303894_thumb.pn

post-6857-0-54552400-1387303914_thumb.pn

PinballFX2.ini

• Like 1

You are welcome.

Zen are pumping out DLC impressively fast and have released "Doctor Strange", that has of coarse completely messed up the menu order again! <_<.

Updated loaders are therefore attached and are laid out for desktop use - so will need renaming if you run in portrait mode (sorry).

Loaders + Doctor Strange - Desktop.7z

Doctor Strange.7z

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

So I know this is an old thread but I think that it needs updating now that NukeLauncher is out as this new method is now much better I think.

To get NukeLauncher working in GameEx is very much like configering it for PinballX, and all the first steps are the same and well documented on the SITE.
The main difference of course is that GameEx scans a folder of "roms" to create it`s games lists instead of reading XML`s as pinballX does.

GameEx will scan any file type to populate its gameslist, so you could just point it to your preview videos or create some fake roms.

One solution that works is to create a folder of "dummy" roms consisting of blank text files, one for each of the tables on the menu even if you have not purchased them yet.

post-6857-0-90214600-1412863567_thumb.pn
This folder can be placed anywhere but in the example it is located in the PinballFX2 folder within steam.
We then need to edit the NukeLauncher.ini to point to this folder instead of to the XML location.
Later on you can remove any of these dummy roms for any tables you do not own.

To stop gameEx exiting back to the menu when Esc is pushed we want to use an advanced config to disable Esc and one named "PinballFX2.ini" is included and should be placed into the ?:\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS folder, this will allow us to exit via NukeLauncher.

Then it is time to set our paths in GameEx and define the commandline as...
NukeLauncher.exe "[Rom]"
But screenshots speak a thousand words..

post-6857-0-24614000-1412863659_thumb.pn

post-6857-0-76108200-1412863680_thumb.pn

Then play some pinball.

PinballFX2.ini

• Like 1