All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Auto loading individual PinballFX2 tables via Gameex

rockyrocket

As a fan of pinball games I have been spending some time with PinballFX2 lately on both my pincab and my gameex cab and decided that I wanted to launch individual tables from gameex just like some folks are doing with pinballX.
Initially this was not something I saw a need for but thought it would be good to have some tables in my favourites list.
Most of the work had already been done by horseyhorsey for pinballX but as gameex does not read an XML I needed individual AHKs for gameex to use.
Basically the menu is auto navigated for you, you still see the menu but do not have to input anything.
Anyway it all works and I have attached the files for all to use - set up is fairly easy you just point gameex to the folder containing the ahks and use a CMD of ""[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]""
I also found that I needed ShowDesktop=True and to make a custom config file that's included (PinballFX2.ini) so my settings are...

Command=""[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]""
configFile=PinballFX2
ShowDesktop=True

Other than that you need to be logged into steam already or in offline mode, now my set up will hit enter for single player if that is not something you want then you will have to edit the last enter command out of all the AHKs - sorry.
Also depending of if you run in landscape or portrait the menu layout is different so both layouts are included ( I am in portrait so have not tested all the landscape ones).
Its also worth being mindful that the layout changes when new tables are released so you will have to change things up a bit when this happens.
I did this just for myself and am not expecting all the AHKS to be typo free but I think they are but you never know. :)

If you need some preview video`s then the ones I am using (pincab vids rotated upright) then they are up on mediafire at this link...

https://www.mediafire.com/?07nitoy3n0mfi40
So here is a quick demo video.

Generic.rar

• Like 1

I think your loader is missing a file "PinballFX2ACloader.exe" as it stands nothing happens. Also what is:

- Your rom filter set as?

- Rom Path?

-Working Path?

I take it its where you have the AHK scripts at? and the rom filter is *.ahk or *.*

Anyone else get it to work? or am I missing something here... :mellow:

I think your loader is missing a file "PinballFX2ACloader.exe" as it stands nothing happens. Also what is:

- Your rom filter set as?

- Rom Path?

-Working Path?

I take it its where you have the AHK scripts at? and the rom filter is *.ahk or *.*

Anyone else get it to work? or am I missing something here... :mellow:

Ok thanks, I will need to take a look as I may of uploaded the wrong set.

The PinballFX2ACloader.exe is the loader my system uses to start pinballFX2 and rotate the screen so is useless on others system.

Ok yep I messed up and sent the wrong ones the working ones are attached.

Rom path is your folder containing the AHKS and can be anywhere, but maybe put them in your pinballFX2 folder in the steam install dir.

My rom filter is blank as only one file type is in the folder but can be *.ahk.

You should be able to test them from just double clicking anywhere as they should be stand-alone, they work for me from the desktop.

PinballFX2 Loaders.7z

PinballFX2.ini

• Like 1

You would also need to have AutoHotKey installed on your system. Otherwise they will need to be compiled to exe files.

Very true, I did think about compiling them but then you loose the option to edit them when the menu grows a row or column you are right though it should of been mentioned.

If anyone does want a compiled set then I will do it if asked :) .

hmmmm still not working. Yes I have autohotkey installed. Tried it outside GameEx and nothing happens?

Just sits there with a black screen and I have to hit ESC to exit back to GameEx. When trying it outside GameEx the AutoHotKey icon appears in the taskbar but that's it .... nothing else and I already have steam running. I tried it with steam not running and it doesn't work either.

Sorry but something isn't right.

hmmmm still not working. Yes I have autohotkey installed. Tried it outside GameEx and nothing happens?

Just sits there with a black screen and I have to hit ESC to exit back to GameEx. When trying it outside GameEx the AutoHotKey icon appears in the taskbar but that's it .... nothing else and I already have steam running. I tried it with steam not running and it doesn't work either.

Sorry but something isn't right.

Ok thanks, I have to admit that I am at a loss then.

I just downloaded the landscape set from above and tried it on my HTPC and all works fine here?.

The only thing I can think of is that the app ID may be different for you - or that PinballFX2 may be updating in the background?.

What happens if you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pinball FX2 and click on the Pinball FX2.exe.

Sorry but for completeness I have to ask if you do have PinballFX2 installed and have paid for some tables? - no insult meant.

Have to go to work now but will have another look later at this.

Anyone else apart from me got this working?.

I figured it out as I had to change the following in each script to:

Run, "D:\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 226980,,UseErrorLevel

and removed:

RegRead, SteamDirPath, HKLM, Software\Valve\Steam, InstallPath

For whatever reason it couldn't find steam I guess so I just had each script find it by entering my steam location manually. Thanks! :)

I figured it out as I had to change the following in each script to:

Run, "D:\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 226980,,UseErrorLevel

and removed:

RegRead, SteamDirPath, HKLM, Software\Valve\Steam, InstallPath

For whatever reason it couldn't find steam I guess so I just had each script find it by entering my steam location manually. Thanks! :)

Ok thanks good info - odd that not having steam installed into the default place fools the registry though.

Please report back any missalignment on the menu.

Also worth saying that exiting with the escape key is not that gracefull an exit and its best to finish a game and exit from within PinballFX2, but I exit with ESC all the time.

Anyway glad it works for you.

Haven't had an issue with exiting PinballFX2 using the ESC key at all. I did change the following line in the pinballfx.ini to false (maybe that had something to do with it):

EmuWaitForKeys=False

Looking foward to creating a PinballFX2 layout for my upcoming GameroomEX theme now! :D

I am in the process of updating all of these scripts and adding in the new Earth Defense Force table tonight. :)

All of these will be for the desktop version of the tables. Should have these ready by this weekend as I am updating them and testing them all out.

Note: I am changing the script so you'll have to manually enter the line where your SteamApp is located on your system as I found doing it this way is much more reliable. Before it wasn't finding my steam location for some reason so I manually changed it and now it works perfect!

I am in the process of updating all of these scripts and adding in the new Earth Defense Force table tonight. :)

All of these will be for the desktop version of the tables. Should have these ready by this weekend as I am updating them and testing them all out.

Easiest way is to just rename them, when I made the landscape set from my portriat set only four needed editing the rest were just renames.

Yes some of them but the arrangement is a bit different for some. However I changed the delays a little for my system and removed the line you had at the end for your loader as it doesn't apply at least for me. Unless you have them updated already go ahead and post them I am just fixing it specific to my setup really. Wasn't sure if you were gonna update them or not.

Thanks for sharing this as it's really awesome being able to run the tables individually. :)

Here are the updated Pinball FX2 (Desktop) table AHK scripts. Note you need to change the location of Steam in each of the scripts for your system.

- Includes the new Defense Force table.

Sweet well done,

I think what I will do this weekend is make a more upgradeable set just named by their position on the menu grid so row-1 column-1 ect and make some extra rows and columns to future proof them, this way you just need to name them.

I do think that you are maybe the exception with the regread notworking as that seems to be tried and tested in a number of pincab scripts so I am thinking I will keep it that way.

On a different note whats the new table like as I no time to play at the mo?.

Thanks for the effort on these loaders Rockyrocket and Krak! Making the loaders a bit more generic as rockyrocket describes sounds like it would be a bang-up idea. Looking forward to that.

I'd be curious to hear initial impressions on the Defense Force table as well.

Thinking some more I guess all we really need are the base loaders and then a map file that can then be edited?.

Will make the generic ones and a map file at the weekend, unless anyone else is a bit keener than me and wants to do it first to save me some time :) .

Sweet well done,

I think what I will do this weekend is make a more upgradeable set just named by their position on the menu grid so row-1 column-1 ect and make some extra rows and columns to future proof them, this way you just need to name them.

I do think that you are maybe the exception with the regread notworking as that seems to be tried and tested in a number of pincab scripts so I am thinking I will keep it that way.

On a different note whats the new table like as I no time to play at the mo?.

I think that I can help you automate this even more, but I don't understand the key combinations that you use to load the various games. (Keep in mind that I do not have PinBallFX2 installed on my system)

Using the Lansdcape files for example, the keys for Avenger are:

Send {Right Down}, Send {Right Up}

Sleep, 20

Sleep, 20

Sleep, 20

While the keys for BioLab are:

Send {Down Down}, Send {Down Up}

Sleep, 20

Sleep, 20

Sleep, 20

Sleep 20

Sleep 20

Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}

I just don't see the correlation between the two games. In my mind if sending {Right} 3 times gets you to the first game, shouldn't sending {Right} 4 times get you to the second?

If you can come up with a pattern to select games that is repeatable, then I think that one loader could be written for all games no matter how many games that you have.

Hi Tempest

So the table selection menu in Pinball FX2 is laid out in a grid, like so:

2013-08-30_00001_PFX.jpg

That's where the arrow keys are being applied to select a table. I'm not entirely sure what ordering they've applied to the default menu layout, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to it.

Hi guys, so yeah the menu order is a bit of a mystery and changes with each update hence the R1-C1 ect idea and a map file.

Just to illustrate this here`s the menu state that I worked from...

Any labour saving that can be achieved gets a thumb up from me though.

Edit - anyone have any tips on using AHK`s Splashimage command as I am trying (and failing) to hide all this with a loading image whilst giving focus to the correct window at the right time?.

post-6857-0-33054700-1377871718_thumb.jp

What does the map file look like? Does it come with PinBallFX2, or is it something that you created?

Generally, a GUI is used to hide another window. A splash screen may work as well, but I've never tried it for that purpose. Obviously you will need to be able to send keys to the window beneath. Either way, don't hesitate to ask for help at the AHK forum. They are very helpful and won't flame you. Just post a sample of the code that you are using and a description of the problem in the support forum.

Made a more generic set with some extra Ahk`s to cover the unused slots in the menu matrix, and also a map file.

The map file is set out as per the new desktop layout including Earth Defence, so you can either use the map file to rename the ahk`s or just rename them yourself with any new menu changes.

Here are the contents of the map at the moment..

R1-C1.ahk|Star Wars - Episode V The Empire Strikes BackR1-C2.ahk|Star Wars - The clone WarsR1-C3.ahk|Star Wars - Boba FettR1-C4.ahk|The AvengersR1-C5.ahk|Fear ItselfR1-C6.ahk|Infinity GauntletR1-C7.ahk|World War HulkR2-C1.ahk|BladeR2-C2.ahk|Iron ManR2-C3.ahk|Spider ManR2-C4.ahk|WolverineR2-C5.ahk|Captain AmericaR2-C6.ahk|Fantastic FourR2-C7.ahk|Civil WarR3-C1.ahk|ThorR3-C2.ahk|Moon KnightR3-C3.ahk|Ghost RiderR3-C4.ahk|X-MenR3-C5.ahk|Earth DefenceR3-C6.ahk|MarsR3-C7.ahk|ExcaliburR4-C1.ahk|ParanormalR4-C2.ahk|Epic QuestR4-C3.ahk|Mysteries Of The DeepR4-C4.ahk|BiolabR4-C5.ahk|PashaR4-C6.ahk|RomeR4-C7.ahk|ShamanR5-C1.ahk|TeslaR5-C2.ahk|EldoradoR5-C3.ahk|V12R5-C4.ahk|Sorcerer`s Lair

An image is attached to illustrate the ahk layout but I am sure you get the idea.

I will update the first post with the download for this set and it includes the ahk`s - mapfile, and the PinballFX2.ini (with Kracks changes to exit).

Gonna walk away from hiding everything behind an image for a bit but will defo come back to it soon.

Please post any typo`s and enjoy.

post-6857-0-11307700-1377940385_thumb.jp