All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Wonder Boy 3

Let the games begin! I'm getting ready to deliver that right hook ! Be afraid.....BE VERY afraid !!!!! LOL :)

*Removes hand garments, puts them in highly polished "victory box" (carved from solid platinum)*

Them's fighting words! Bring it young Squire.

:ph34r:

Hi there! I've been offline for a couple weeks while going to some job interviews and helping with some translations... But I have some free days ahead... Beware! If I have a good day I get to the queen bee :D

... Did I mention this game's memories were one of the reasons to build my own arcade? :D

Hi there! I've been offline for a couple weeks while going to some job interviews and helping with some translations... But I have some free days ahead... Beware! If I have a good day I get to the queen bee :D

... Did I mention this game's memories were one of the reasons to build my own arcade? :D

Hi helpman - am i right in assuming you're going to bring it? If so i think you should say "imma bring it" :P honestly i sux but i am good at the banter :D post your score already ^_^

-EDIT- that came across as arrogant :o not my intension, i'm just loving this whole new GE HiScore thang! It's new you know! =p

I will do my best to top the top :P

Just to be fair, maybe you should read some hints :D (lots and lots of coins spent on this one lol those hints come from personal experience)

About health

eating fruits and picking weapons will raise your health... pick them all! some fruits will "grow" when you hit them. keep hitting them so they'll xplode and give you more fruits :D

weapons

avoid the shuriken rotating thing like hell! the worst weapon EVER!

the ring as it spreads is great for covering large areas.

the rocket will keep going forward until you release the fire button, then explodes. it's awesome for bosses

the laser has a nice autofire feature ;D

fish boss

every time the fish explodes into small fishies they'll swim towards you no matter where you are. try to "clean" your path and avoid trying to kill them all, there's always one running after you ;D

snake boss

the only boss where the shuriken can be useful... it always crawl creating circles. skip the balls it launches and try to sneak (pun intended) inside the circles it creates, then shoot like there's no tomorrow...

bat boss

keep a distance from the flapping wings... it's easier if you manage to get there with rockets or rings

queen bee

it's a hive full of bees, and after defeating it, here comes the queen! she'll always fly to your last position, so keep that in mind to make her more easy to hit

Amazing score Helpman ! This will be a real challenge ... maybe to hard to beat ... but we'll see. I'll definitely try it and I like a challenge ;)

Thank you for giving hints to play Wonder Boy 3 :)

@Han: don't give up to soon buddy. You may surprise yourself !!!!

Updated Leaderboard, Database and RSS feed

Well I finally played this on my Cabinet and flews through to the Snake...where I lost on three lives!!!!!!

A little better...but still 3rd - 61,700

post-11179-0-15484200-1373856415_thumb.j

@ helpman - nice score man! :D it'll be a few tries before i get that high for sure.

Finally beat that snake though! Only had one life left on the next lv though so i got spanked ^_^ I'm just protecting my second spot at the moment - sorry rtkiii you were getting too close :P

Score: 81,430

Initials: DAZ

post-6865-0-21649300-1373909343_thumb.pn post-6865-0-08820100-1373909353_thumb.pn

My new submission for Wonder Boy 3 ! Finally defeated the Level 2 Snake-boss B)

> Hi-score: 85,140 points
> initials: DEN
> Settings used of post #1
> Mame 0.147 compiled used
> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-12532500-1374427954_thumb.p

Happy hi-scoring!

GC

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Wow ! Nice score Dazz ! Close to beating helpman's hi-score !

Remember hi-score enthusiasts: only a couple of days left to win the title "Game of the Month Winner of July" ;)

Good luck everybody :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS and LB

Wow, I had a really good run ! I made it to the Beehive boss (level 4)

So, here's my new submission for Wonder Boy 3 :)

> Hi-score: 152,070 points
> initials: DEN

> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-37438000-1375035666_thumb.p

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

And the winner is...... (drumroll)

helpman with his score of 169,420

Way to go! Join me in congratulating helpman as the winner in this month's Game of the Month (GOTM). helpman just joined our competition earlier this month, and with his impressive and unbeatable score in Wonder Boy 3, he's managed to beat out the competition and move up quickly in the ranks on our ongoing overall leaderboard (link). Congrats and welcome to the competition! Can he keep the momentum up in next month's competition, or will somebody else de-throne the king? Only 31 days will tell! :)