All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Support for Pinball FX2

Loadedweapon

Section 4 page 29 of the guide, there are 3 settings, 1st for the Steam version, the 2nd for non-Steam version, and 3rd for advanced setup which references the script to which you are referring, but this is not part of the PinballX installation. So no corrections need to be made to this part of the guide regarding.

The last update was version 1.99 which was released in April. Perhaps you meant to say since you "updated your version yesterday"? B)

Are you running Pinball FX2 as a separate emulator via PinballX? Your command line C:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe -applaunch 226980 "[TABLEFILE]" would suggest so. Also, this will not load a specific table. It will only take you to the tables grid where you would have to manually select the table. This is not a solution for the integrated Pinball FX2 support or using NukeFX solution to allow for selecting the table from the PinballX menu.

EDIT: Per nullPointer's post, I think you meant to note per Steam's update, so my bad on that. Brevity kills. Please post a screen capture of your settings for the rest to see. Thank you.

Are you running Pinball FX2 as a separate emulator via PinballX? Your command line C:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe -applaunch 226980 "[TABLEFILE]" would suggest so. Also, this will not load a specific table. It will only take you to the tables grid where you would have to manually select the table. This is not a solution for the integrated Pinball FX2 support or using NukeFX solution to allow for selecting the table from the PinballX menu.

I think this command may actually be correct per a recent update to Pinball FX2.

- To improve on cabinet support it is now possible to start tables from the command line. Add the name of the table's pxp from the data_steam folder as a parameter when launching the game.

It's most certainly something people have been clamoring for practically since the release of PBFX2, and Zen Studios have proven themselves to be very receptive to user feedback. I'm pretty pumped about it! It's definitely a game changer for us frontend users.

Thanks for passing this important news along Talantyyr! I went ahead and moved your post out of the Enhancements and Feature and Requests thread since, well this is neither, but still and all this is great news! I'm sure it will likely have a big impact in terms of how users launch Pinball FX2 via frontend integration.

• Like 1

I think this command may actually be correct per a recent update to Pinball FX2.

It's most certainly something people have been clamoring for practically since the release of PBFX2, and Zen Studios have proven themselves to be very receptive to user feedback. I'm pretty pumped about it! It's definitely a game changer for us frontend users.

You are right, however, not within the integrated Pinball FX2 support as there is no place for the command line as the OP suggested, hence why he will hopefully provide clarification as I and Outhere have requested.

Yeah sorry, I meant to say if he's running it as a separate emulator that command should theoretically be fine. Naturally this latest update doesn't apply to the integrated PBFX2 support, NukeLauncher, roll-your-own AHK solutions, and the like.

I've followed the official guide. There is a "PinballFX2.exe", located in scripts/pinball fx2, which seems to be something else then the "real" pinball fx2.exe. Very confusing. Look at chapter 4.3.12 at the third screenshot. (page 4-29)

But that doesn't matter anymore as with yesterdays update, tables can be loaded directly!

C:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe -applaunch 226980 "[TABLEFILE]"

or

<PATH TO PINBALLFX2>/Pinball FX2.exe "[TABLEFILE]"

does the trick and no splash screen / table selection is shown. It's WAY faster! Time to update PinballX / the documentation i guess. I already posted a feature request.

It's more than a bit ambitious to assume that user documentation would be updated within 24 hours of this PBFX2 release, particularly where the documentation in question is a user supported endeavor, but I'm sure we'll get there.

Yeah, I have edited my original response asking for him to share a screen capture of his settings so that others can try for themselves. I am all for whatever works and especially allows for updates on the fly without having to manipulate grid settings every time a new table is released, running the least number or no AHK scripts whenever possible.

Once the settings are vetted, I am sure Zeenon will update the guide for the Pinball FX2 section. Hopefully, Pinball Arcade will update theirs as well.

Thanks for moving it :)

Though it was indeed a feature request, as you should add the table path to the settings and remove the grid. :)

I went through my "tables" folder in the installation and copied all the table names manually to the gamemanager. That's working flawlessly, but there should be the possibilty to select the tables from the game manager.

@slydog / connorsdad:

It's very easy, just open the config tool, set "[TABLENAME]" as parameter, disable the launchafter funtion and add the table filenames, like Portal.pxp as Game name. That's everything.

I used my existing integrated Pinball FX2 settings and added "[TABLEFILE]" after -applaunch 226980 in the Parameters field.

post-5872-0-75367300-1433532199_thumb.pn

If you already have Pinball FX2 integrated support enabled, you don't have to make any changes for this to work as it will utilize the same pinballfx2.xml file. The settings referenced are for the Steam version.

• Like 1

Sorry for confusing you guys, when i spoke of an update i meant, of course, pinball fx2.

So no further support is needed, it's working perfectly with this new direct-launch feature. I don't really understand why this isn't something that should be added to PinballX, but that's your decision. I think it would make configuring PinballFX2 much easier for people. I had a hard time trying to set it up with the grid and discovered the new "direct load" feature after i was done configuring nuke launcher.... *doh*

Besides VERY easy configuration, tables load way faster now. It's just awesome.

Regarding the guide and the "script exe"... I for myself find it confusing reading something about a exe-script which could be launched and not a word about how to set it up or where it's located.

What screenshots do you want? Do you mean i should put together some kind of "guide" on how to use the new feature? As i've said in the other thread, it be much handier, to select the PinballFX2 Table path and be able to select the tables within the game managers "Add Game" function then copying the table names manually from the table folder.

If one uses the already provided integrated Pinball FX2 feature, no need to add anything else! You will see when you read my post in the other thread. It uses the pinballfx2.xml file that is created when initially setting up the old way with the grid coordinates. When you load it within Game List Manager, the grid coordinates option will still be there, but, of course, no longer necessary if you change the Parameters field to read -applaunch 226980 "[TABLEFILE]" .

I haven't seen a post from open6l in a while. I went ahead and converted the table guides for Castlestorm and Wild West Rampage. They are now on the FTP with the rest of the table guides.

Likely this is not a problem with the instructions cards, but a setting I am missing. How do you page through the instruction cards? Everytime I select them from the menu they load up at card 11 and I am unable to page through. I am using an Xbox 360 wired controller for windows in Desktop mode. Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...