All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Support for Pinball FX2

Loadedweapon

The problem with the ahk script is, that it is not working for everyone. It depends on the number of tables you bought and on the Version you are using (Steam or Win8 App).

I can only advise everyone not to buy the Win8 Version by the way...
If there is some time this weekend I´ll write a new, well commented (and hopefully working) script including a short howto.
Oh, if anyone here has a well working script already, please let me know
  • Like 1

Les73gtx,

As stated in this thread the issue revolves around the different versions of Steam/PBFX2 (4 as of this writing) and how many tables you purchased.

Did you look at the PinballX document? There is an AHK script with all the tables as of Dr. Strange.

Zen.xml is a custom group. (Section 5.9 in the PBX doc)

I'll create a dir on the FTP site and upload all the files I use from my cab. (BUT BE WARNED...If you do not own all the tables, or you installed steam/PBFX2 to a different dir...IT WILL NOT WORK...you will have to edit the scripts) (Les this is not directed at you, just a general statement for those that will download)

/Other Uploads/zeenon PBFX2 cab files/PinballX

Z

• Like 3

Thank you for the help, I will have a go at it again tonight. I have the steam version as I don't own and don't plan to own Win8 beta testing was enough for me... lol

Zeenon is it possible for you to link the document you are referring to? I have looked at many different posts and pinned docs so I am not sure of what one you are referring.

Thank you

With the baby up most of the night I didn't have a chance to get anything done except read the .doc ... I will try tonight again but it looks like I have everything in place except your ahk files. Did you say that your pinball fx2.exe and ahk includes Dr. Strange also looka like I am missing the new starwars pack in the .ini ... will have to correct that also as I do own all the tables

Thanks for the Upload Z!

Just "imported" your XML and added Playfield, Backglass and Wheel images with the Game Manager and not the Pinball FX2 Tables wont show up in PinballX anymore?!

Edit:

Nevermind, i just deleted the space in "Pinball FX2.xml" and now they show up...

Look at the names of the Pinball FX2 tables the you currently have and the PF, BG, and Wheel images.....I'm betting mine have a "_" and yours have a " " (or the other way around)

Z

Here are my table names:

Atlantis.pxp
BioLab.pxp
Citadel.pxp
EarthDefense.pxp
Eldorado.pxp
Excalibur.pxp
Looter.pxp
Mars.pxp
MARVEL_Avengers.pxp
MARVEL_Blade.pxp
MARVEL_CaptainAmerica.pxp
MARVEL_CivilWar.pxp
MARVEL_DrStrange.pxp
MARVEL_FantasticFour.pxp
MARVEL_FearItSelf.pxp
MARVEL_GhostRider.pxp
MARVEL_InfinityGauntlet.pxp
MARVEL_IronMan.pxp
MARVEL_MoonKnight.pxp
MARVEL_SpiderMan.pxp
MARVEL_Thor.pxp
MARVEL_Wolverine.pxp
MARVEL_WWH.pxp
MARVEL_XMen.pxp
Paranormal.pxp
Pasha.pxp
Rome.pxp
Shaman.pxp
SplosionMan.pxp
STARWARS_Boba_Fett.pxp
STARWARS_CloneWars.pxp
STARWARS_Darth_Vader.pxp
STARWARS_Episode_5.pxp
STARWARS_Episode_6.pxp
STARWARS_SFA.pxp
Tesla.pxp
V12.pxp

Edit: Glad you got it working!!!!!!!!!

Dont tell me, that I only had to merge your Media Folder with mine to add the images automatically.....

Using your XML and your ahk makes things getting up and running very easy:

I only had to "reactivate" the pinfxkeys.ahk and changed the name of the XML (as mentioned above), because the name of the XML has to match the "System Name". Oh, and after half an hour troubleshooting I noticed that I had to change the "LaunchBeforeWaitForExit" from nothing to no in the PinballX settings (doh!).....

Thanks for the script!

I almost have it down ... just need a little more help..... when I select a table from PinX it goes to the loading screen then the PinX app (PF Video BG image and DMD) minimize to taskbar and the PF music continues to play. But as that is happening Zen launches and selects the correct table. I can play the table fine but trying to exit gives me a error that PBFX2 has stopped working, All that time PinX is running the music from the table video in the background I have to click on it with a mouse to bring it back into focus. I can then continue to use the flippers to make a different table selection.

Also you have your working file and table file on your "D" drive while mine is in the standard c>program x86>steam>steamapps ...bla bla bla so I have mine pointing to where it is installed... is this not right?

OK Zen.xml is a custom whatever but Do I have to have that file? I renamed it so it would not show up in game manager.

And why the H@#$ will it not let me copy and paste anything or add a picture or link anything in this forum post from any computer but I can do all of that from tapatalk on my phone?

lonnngg day with the kids and this is driving me nuts ... lol ok breathing again ... I think the connection between the keyboard and the floor is faulty! :unsure::blink:

Ok update I can launch any table I want but if I leave the table play something else not PBFX2 and then come back to a zen table it errors out as it is already running. We need to find a way to kill steam after you exit PBFX2.

Edit: never mind .... PinX is still randomly either minimizing or closing out all together when launching PBFX2 tables ... where is open6l? ... his YouTube video shows it all running but not sure if he exits back into PinX and the goes into PBFX2 again?

zeenon ... your post about getting rid of steam and going back to the stand alone ... are you using steam or not?

well I think this is enough for one night ...

Solved! So after messing around last night I seem to have found the correct setup to make it work... also thanks to imagamejunky for his exit explanation in post 81 ... I do not run in offline mode as Steam is closing out properly when using exit in this fasion. It was still in my taskbar so I didn't think it was closing, turns out that it is just a ghost icon as it disappears when moused over.

Big THANKS to all that helped in this thread.

If anyone needs help I can try to assist now that I have been through it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got PBFX2 running good, but how do I get it to play in Portrait mode like the VP and FP tables?

Thanks

In Video options you can rotate the playfield if you have the steam Version.

The Windows 8 Version does not have this feature, so dont waste money for it (like I did.....)!

In Video options you can rotate the playfield if you have the steam Version.

The Windows 8 Version does not have this feature, so dont waste money for it (like I did.....)!

Well there is the problem.... I have the Windows version.... :angry:

But I did partially get it working. I created the following AHK script, which I complied to make an EXE which I used in Pinballx to launch Pinball FX2. When a table is selected in PBX it launches fine and the screen rotates accordingly, but when I exit the table. The screen does not rotate back and PBX is now rotated wrong. Though outside of Pinballx the script with launch Pinball FX2 fine and rotate the screen back when I close it. I'm guessing there is a conflict somewhere between PBX and the Pinball FX2 script???

Run, c:\iRotate\iRotate.exe /1:rotate=90 /exit,,UseErrorLevel

Sleep, 1000

Run, "c:\Games\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2.exe" -applaunch 226980,,UseErrorLevel

Sleep, 7000 ;let steam launch pinball fx2 before poll for it to close

WinActivate, Pinball FX2

WinShow, Pinball FX2

Sleep, 1000

WinActivate, Pinball FX2

Process, WaitClose, Pinball FX2.exe

Run, c:\iRotate\iRotate.exe /1:rotate=0 /exit,,UseErrorLevel

***FIXED***

I just took the last line in that script "Run, c:\iRotate\iRotate.exe /1:rotate=0 /exit,,UseErrorLevel" and made a "ClosePFX" script which I put in the LaunchAfter section of the settings for Pinball FX2 in the Pinballx setup. Works like a champ now!

And if it wasn't obvious, you need to have iRotate installed. Just make sure the lines where iRotate is at, is set to the right location of the install.

Hmmm.....

I rotated the screen using the key shortcuts:

; Rotate Screen 270 DegreesSend, {CTRLDOWN}{ALTDOWN}{LEFT}{CTRLUP}{ALTUP} Process, WaitClose, PinballFX2.exe; Rotate Screen to normal positionSend, {CTRLDOWN}{ALTDOWN}{UP}{CTRLUP}{ALTUP}

But I think your issue is far easier to solve:

I am pretty sure that

Run, c:\iRotate\iRotate.exe /1:rotate=0 /exit,,UseErrorLevel

means that you rotate Display 1 0 degrees, so try

Run, c:\iRotate\iRotate.exe /1:rotate=270 /exit,,UseErrorLevel

instead. (Edited, nonsense....)

Well one problem I did find, is that it doesnt seem to be closing PFX2 when I exit a table in PBX. If I play a few PFX2 tables then close PBX, I have several PFX2 processes running in the background. Like it is just pausing the game and minimizing PFX2 when it exits a table.

Tom- Do you have a link to the version that has the orientation setting?

Thanks

Well one problem I did find, is that it doesnt seem to be closing PFX2 when I exit a table in PBX. If I play a few PFX2 tables then close PBX, I have several PFX2 processes running in the background. Like it is just pausing the game and minimizing PFX2 when it exits a table.

Tom- Do you have a link to the version that has the orientation setting?

Thanks

The Humble Bundle version Tom mentioned is the same one you can purchase through the Steam Store.