All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Support for Pinball FX2

Loadedweapon

Thanks Junky!!!

I don't know where the disconnect is....that config is similiar to horsey's but all it's doing is loading Steam up behind PBX. My xml is PinballFX2.xml hence the no space.

I goto my zen.xml in PBX, it pulls up the images (wheel,table, BG), I select Star Wars, it goes to load and jumps back to PBX. When I exit PBX there is a Steam window open.

[System_1]Name=PinballFX2Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamTablePath=Executable=Steam.exeParameter=-applaunch 226990LaunchBeforeEnabled=TrueLaunchBeforeWorkingPath=D:\PinballX\ScriptsLaunchBeforeExecutable=PinballFX2.exeLaunchBeforeParameters=[TABLEFILE]LaunchBeforeHideWindow=FalseLaunchBeforeWaitForExit=FalseLaunchAfterEnabled=FalseLaunchAfterWorkingPath=D:\PinballX\ScriptsLaunchAfterExecutable=ledset.batLaunchAfterHideWindow=TrueLaunchAfterWaitForExit=False

Edit: what is odd is if I run C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 226980 (from win7 not pbx)......pbfx2 comes up.

Are you using the pinballfx2.exe that I uploaded the other day?

Have you tried both the online and offline mode?

If my steam program is set to online mode normally but my cab isn't connected to the Internet then it doesn't work.

junky, I'm just trying to launch pbfx2 at this point via pbx.

- If I run this command from win7 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 226980" pbfx2 starts. So at least I know I'm not going crazy.

- If I look at the properties of the pbfx2 shortcut it runs steam: //rungameid:226980. So I'm betting I have the right magic # now.

- I was using the pinballfx2.exe that was in folder3, but then I opted to disable the LaunchBefore in order to focus on getting pbfx2 to start within pbx. Does the pinballfx2.exe script do anything else other then select the right table? (I figured I'd work on getting fx2 to launch inside pbx then add the script in)

- I didn't know there was an online/offline mode? I'm connected wireless to the internet at all times.

[System_1]Name=PinballFX2Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamTablePath=Executable=Steam.exeParameter=-applaunch 226980LaunchBeforeEnabled=FalseLaunchBeforeWorkingPath=D:\PinballX\ScriptsLaunchBeforeExecutable=PinballFX2.exeLaunchBeforeParameters=[TABLEFILE]LaunchBeforeHideWindow=FalseLaunchBeforeWaitForExit=FalseLaunchAfterEnabled=FalseLaunchAfterWorkingPath=D:\PinballX\ScriptsLaunchAfterExecutable=ledset.batLaunchAfterHideWindow=TrueLaunchAfterWaitForExit=False

F%^#€£?!!!!! S#%^%^!!!!!!!!!!!

All that time spend today troubleshooting a stupid problem....so I goto the PBX setup GUI and notice there is no applaunch under the parameters field. HMMMM why is that. Somehow I deleted the 's' in parameters. I'll post a corrected PBFX2 section later, but it's the standard one everyone has posted before. So all the tables I've tested so far work without issue......

My only problem now is getting the exit keys squared away with vpf controller. Exiting a PBFX2 table is horrible, it takes 2 presses of the button to bring up the PBX menu to exit. If I goto exit game within PBFX2 it just exits to a black PBX screen.

Z

Zeenon posted-

"Edit: I am officially done with steam. So after attempting to get the "steam" version of PBFX2 working and tired of getting the "steam is already running" behind PBX, I gave up and went back to my old stable version of PBFX2. Oddly enough I fired up CV and wouldn't you know it - stuck flippers!!!! I know I tested most of the tables junky had issues with when he first reported the issue and did not have a single problem. So looking back I only install DOF beta 2 and changed options in steam. So I killed the steam process that starts up with windows and poof, stuck flippers gone."

I have some things for you to try.

As nullpointer wrote above in post #69, disable Steam from running when you start windows. This way when you select a FX2 table from PinballX it will open steam and fx2 and you won't get the "steam is already running" error.

I suggest enabling "offline" mode in steam. This will prevent steam from trying to update when it loads. I have found that frequently I get a black screen from PInballX if steam is in "online" mode. This has to be because it is trying to update in the background.

The way I am successfully exiting from FX2 is to press ESC and then exit from the FX2 running table and then close FX2 completely. Then the screen will turn black. I then press my "pause/quit" button on my cab to bring up the paused table screen on PinballX like normal. On my cab I have a front button that is mapped to M regularly and ESC when it is shifted on my IPAC. In the PinballX settings I have "Quit and Pause/In Game" mapped to M and nothing mapped to ESC. Exit emulator is mapped to Q but I never use it.

Hope this helps

junky

• 1 month later...

hello guys, would you please help me, I did update the pinballx and when I install pinballFX2 after playing a few minutes trying to get back to the main menu pinballx but it goes to the desktop, but I get pinballx again, please help me thank you ...!

Edited by nullPointer
I moved your post to the Pinball FX2 Support thread. Please do try to verify that your posts are relavent to the thread in which they are posted. Thanks!

hello guys, would you please help me, I did update the pinballx and when I install pinballFX2 after playing a few minutes trying to get back to the main menu pinballx but it goes to the desktop, but I get pinballx again, please help me thank you ...!

Hi, can you post the log please, with the issue happening.

1) Does the FTP site still work? I'm getting a "Failed to retrieve dir listing" when I connect in.

2) Has anyone updated the ahk script for the new tables Star Wars tables?

3) Has anyone uploaded new wheel icons, backglass and tables images?

Z

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread is pure gold! I've never used Steam or AHK before, and I was able to get PBX singing with PBFX2 in just a few hours. Thanks!

Only a few issues left to resolve. Maybe folks can give me some pointers, otherwise I'll keep digging around til I find more paydirt.

*** EDIT: Issues moved down below and documented as I "solve" them. ***

- Has anyone got this running with Steam Offline? My preference is to take my cab offline once I get it configured, and I know I can run Zen tables when Steam is offline. The sticking point appears to be the initial dialog that pops up when Steam is offline. I don't know enough about AHK to choose the "stay offline" option instead of "go online and restart." Anyone have an example script fragment I can look at to fix this? I don't know if tabbing to the second option and hitting enter will work, but I may give that a shot tomorrow.

I'll keep digging at this one remaining issue, and will update this post if I sort out a nice solution.

*** I solved the problem of my backglass images disappearing by adding <hidebackglass>False</hidebackglass> to all XML entries. I have a pinDMD2, so the <hidedmd> tag isn't immediately useful to me, but might be of interest to 3 monitor folks. ***

*** I solved the key mapping issue for my cab by downloading Xpadder. Haven't started on analog plunger and nudge yet, but I understand there are a couple XBox controller emulators that can be mapped to various controllers. ***

Grumble. Things aren't looking so good for offline Steam. I seem to be stuck between two problems - neither of which I know how to solve. If Steam isn't running, PBX gets stuck on the launch dialog that wants you to go online or accept offline mode. Neither option can be selected by mere keystrokes. If I manually start Steam and accept offline mode before firing up PBX; well then Steam is already running and that's its own problem for launching an instance. I'll keep poking, but it doesn't look good for offline FX2 tables based on what (little) I know.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Win8 Version of PinballFX2 and have one big problem:

How do I get PinballFX2 in "Cabinet Mode" ?

The only way I managed this is to rotate the monitor in windows settings. But if I do this, all my VP tables are rotated too.....

I can't see PBFX2 being different between OS's so.....Start PBFX2 ---> Help & Options (on the bottom bar) --> Settings ---> Video ---> Orientation: 270

But let us know, if it is.

Z

No orientation Settings in the Win8 Version.

Well, I think a good workaround would be irotate and a little editing of the ahk script (ctrl+alt+left before pfx2 starts and ctrl+alt+up when exiting).

I´ll test that tomorrow.

Hmm... I played around with ahk a little and the script does nothing (It wont even close itself when exiting PinballFX2.exe)

Maybe I should not do that at 1:30 am...

2 things I found out of the Win8 Version:

*) The exe of the Win8 Version is PinballFX2.exe (not Pinball FX2.exe)

*) PinballFX2 ist started with "xboxliveapp-1297290209"

For testing purposes I created a shortcut for starting the script with the Parameter Zen-Mars.

But the script only starts PinballFX2 (when I uncomment the start command) but then it hangs. The Script wont even close itself when exiting PinballFX.

I´m pretty sure it hangs at "WinWait, ahk_class PxWindowClass" but unfortunately I am pretty new to ahk so I dont know what "ahk_class PxWindowClass" means...

EDIT:

I commented out the Winwait and Winwaitactive line and uncommented the PinballFX start and screen rotate line.

Now, after starting the Script with the Table parameter the screent rotates, PinballFX2 is started but no table is started, because the key commands are send (e.g. you only need the enter key for starting the mars table).

When exiting PFX2 the screen is rotated to normal and the script closes itself (at least when starting the script without PX)

I´ll correct that after getting some sleep (its past 2am now...)

EDIT2:

Do you know that feeling that you have to get non working stuff working, no matter how late it is?

Table Starting is working now, BUT:

When I exit the table with "q" PinballFX2 is not closed. After pressing "q", the playfield screen is black for a short time, then PinballFX2 reappears on the playfield screen and PinballX is shown on my backglass monitor ?!

Here is the script (without the table-select part):

#SingleInstance force	SetTitleMatchMode 2	DetectHiddenWindows On	;SendMode Input 	SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% 	;#Include, Gdip.ahk	Table = %1%	;Variable from PinballX	;hyperini = %A_ScriptDir%\Settings.ini	;IniWrite, %1%, %hyperini%, LastLoad, table		; Uncomment to assign PX-Keys to PFX2-Keys 	; Run, PinFXKeys.ahk	; Rotate Screen 270 Degrees	Send, {CTRLDOWN}{ALTDOWN}{LEFT}{CTRLUP}{ALTUP}	;Run Pinball FX 2	Run, xboxliveapp-1297290209://, , Max	;WinWait, ahk_class PxWindowClass	;WinActivate, ahk_class PxWindowClass	;WinWaitActive, ahk_class PxWindowClass		Gosub %table%    	Process, WaitClose, PinballFX2.exe	; Rotate Screen to normal position	Send, {CTRLDOWN}{ALTDOWN}{UP}{CTRLUP}{ALTUP}		;WinClose , PinFXKeys	ExitApp

OK, Exit is working now.

I simply mapped the q button to Alt+F4 in the script

I´ll post my working PinballFX Setup for Win8 later this day (done)

Please note, that I have not bought every Table (Only a SW Pack, Classic Pack and Rome). In some cases the placement of the Table in the PinballFX2 menu depends on which tables you bought, because non bought tables are always at the end of the menu. Unfortunately the focus is changed to the Mars table a couple, so my script waits some time, until it is "safe" to send key commands.

I recommend mapping the flipper buttons to cursor left/right in PFX2 settings and remap them with the ahk script to the "real" buttons so you can enter your initials at the end of the game.

To have a working start button i mapped my start button to "enter".

Important: irotate has to be installed to rotate the screen ( http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/irotate.shtm )

So here is my starting script:

#SingleInstance force	SetTitleMatchMode 2	DetectHiddenWindows On	SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% 	Table = %1%	;Variable from PinballX			;To assign PX-Keys to PFX2-Keys 	Run, PinFXKeys.ahk	; Rotate Screen 270 Degrees	Send, {CTRLDOWN}{ALTDOWN}{LEFT}{CTRLUP}{ALTUP}	;Run Pinball FX 2	Run, xboxliveapp-1297290209://, , Max	Gosub %table%    	Process, WaitClose, PinballFX2.exe	; Rotate Screen to normal position	Send, {CTRLDOWN}{ALTDOWN}{UP}{CTRLUP}{ALTUP}		WinClose , PinFXKeys	ExitApp	;Table SelectionZen-Mars:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 1000			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	Return	Zen-SWSA:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 7000			Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	ReturnZen-SWDV:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 7000			Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 20			Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	ReturnZen-SWE6:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 7000			Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 20		Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 20		Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	ReturnZen-ElDorado:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 7000			Send {Right Down}, Send {Right Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	ReturnZen-Shaman:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 7000			Send {Right Down}, Send {Right Up}		Sleep, 20			Send {Right Down}, Send {Right Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	ReturnZen-Tesla:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 7000			Send {Right Down}, Send {Right Up}		Sleep, 20			Send {Right Down}, Send {Right Up}		Sleep, 20		Send {Right Down}, Send {Right Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	ReturnZen-V12:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 8000			Send {Down Down}, Send {Down Up}		Sleep, 20		Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 20		Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 20		Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	ReturnZen-Avengers:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 7000			Send {Down Down}, Send {Down Up}		Sleep, 20			Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 20		Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	ReturnZen-Rome:		Sleep, 12000		Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}		Sleep, 7000			Send {Down Down}, Send {Down Up}		Sleep, 20			Send {Left Down}, Send {Left Up}		Sleep, 500			Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}	Return

And here is my pinfxkeys script (I commented out several lines, because I dont need them)

#SingleInstance force	;#IfWinActive ahk_class PxWindowClass	LShift::Left	;LFlipper	1::Enter ;Start=Plunger	q::!F4	; /::RShift	;RFlipper	; c::LControl ;Nudge	; x::RControl ;Nudge	; Space::Space	; v::c	; Left::Left	; Right::Right	; Up::Up	; Down::Down	#IfWinActive

And my PinballX Settings

[System_1]Name=PinballFX2Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=C:\PinballX\scripts\PFXTablePath=C:\PinballX\scripts\PFXExecutable=StartPinballFX2.exeParameters=[TABLEFILE]LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=C:\PinballX\scripts\LEDWizModLaunchBeforeExecutable=ledsetPFX.batLaunchAfterWorkingPath=C:\PinballX\scripts\LEDWizModLaunchAfterExecutable=ledset.batLaunchBeforeEnabled=TrueLaunchAfterEnabled=True

Hi Folks

I'm struggling to get anywhere with this. If the [system_1] section is present in the config, should PInball FX2 then show up in the game manager's dropdown list?

I can start PInball FX2 from the command line either from the PInball FX2 folder or with the steam -applaunch method but I can't get anything in PinballX. I'm only looking to start the game at the moment, I don't need direct menu access to all the tables. Or is that the only way to do it?

Cheers.

UPDATE: It turns out that I just had a "Pinball FX2" vs "PinballFX2" problem.

This is really interesting...

I installed FX2 2 weeks ago, so I think I have the most recent version (BTW: Dont Win8 Apps update automatically?)

I´ll do a reinstall tomorrow, maybe it helps.

Actually dont trust me at all - infact dont believe a word I say.

Once I read your post properly and saw that "xboxliveapp" does not infact spell "steam" then things became a bit clearer - many apologies! :unsure: .

So I thought I would try the win 8 app, and what do you know it has lesser functionality you are right!.

Also the xbox app has fewer tables available than the steam version.

So my htpc now has two PBFX2 installs on two differing distribution platforms and I have to say steam wins.

I think really then unless you want to forfeit your table purchases and jump ship to steam then you just have to carry on carrying on with your solution.

post-6857-0-73166900-1389981065_thumb.pn

Thanks for posting your findings, that just makes it even harder to configure PBFX2, since it looks like there are 4 different versions people may have on there PC's :)

Z

I just got that reply from Zen-Studios (to be exactly the "community-manager"):

---------

Hey DCP smile.png We have a lot more free reign over the Steam version, updating/adding is easier and more accessible, which is why you see a lot more options for it than the Win 8 version.

---------

So it seems that especially Cab-users should stick with the Steam-Version.

I am having trouble with getting this to work ... I have spent time reading and researching and trying all of the suggestions here (over the last 3 days)and so far I can not get PBFX2 to launch from PinballX . I have just migrated from Hyperpin and I really like all the features and options. But why is it so hard to get PBFX2 to work?

I have got all the videos and DMD and Table and back glass stuff from the FTP and it is all working great. The Script area is a mess BTW can we fix it so someone new coming in knows which is the latest .exe and .ahk file ... I mean really, a date on a file so hard? Also is anyone updating this thread? As suggested before ... can we get all the most recent and CORRECT information on post 1 so new people don't have to wonder who's fix is the most recent or correct.

Why is all the data on the FTP different? Example is all of the media is labeled correctly ...but in the xml files the descriptions are all messed up...,. some with no spaces some with underscores some with just hyphen ... Someone new coming in will be lost.

Why is there 2 different .xml files? One labeled Pinball FX2.xml and one Zen.xml? As they both have the exact same information, why do I need them both?

I would love to be able to copy and paste my log file or setup system 1 but that feature is not working for me here either ... probably just me not knowing how to do a simple copy and paste.

using Win 7 64bit and a 3 monitor cab setup. I have Pinball FX2 setup as a .fpt and it works great but I would like to be able to launch to a specific table from PinballX wheel.

I guess teamviewer would be the best bet. East coast N. America time for me. normally available from 9pm to 2am est

thanks for listening and the information so far