All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APPLICATION] Marquee2Bezel v1.1

headkaze

Marquee2Bezel is a program that will convert your marquee collection into custom bezels for use in MAME.

1. Download the latest collection of Marquees from here

2. Download Marquee2Bezel.zip and extract it

3. Run Marquee2Bezel.exe and set your paths

4. Set the resolution you run MAME in

5. Click GO!

It should create a set of bezels in your output folder. The current collection should contain over 600 bezels.

post-367-0-42655800-1364167115_thumb.png

post-367-0-24559200-1364170829_thumb.pngpost-367-0-41046700-1364169913_thumb.png

Marquee2Bezel.zip

• Like 6

BTW for this program I read in the Mame xml to find out if it's a vertical game and I also read in the display resolution. There are some issues though, for example, take a look at Galaxian's display entry.

<display tag="screen" type="raster" rotate="90" width="768" height="224" refresh="60.606061" pixclock="18432000" htotal="1152" hbend="0" hbstart="768" vtotal="264" vbend="16" vbstart="240" />
The resolution should infact be 256 x 224 so why is it 768 x 224? This is because the Galaxian driver triples the vertical resolution to render the stars correctly. In order to deal with this I check the display ratio and then if it's greater than a certain threshold I force the height into a 4:3 ratio.

Anyway apart from that it should use the games actual resolution along with your own resolution to create a bezel that best fits your display.

If there are any problems please let me know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That looks cool but... I would be yer best friend (or anyone elses... ) if you could work out something very similar for me.

I'm setting up a pincab that'll also run mame. So my monitor is set to 9:16. Mame bezels look killer and bring game image back down to near original size. It is centered leaving dead space above and below. I'm using Marquee magician and marquees look great on second monitor but I want to add the control panel image under mame bezel.

Sorry if I'm hijacking, got excited when I saw your work!!!

Thx