All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Compiling Mame - error message

GimmeClassics

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to compile Mame. I have tried the method using Mame Compiler 64 (Headkaze) and using Mr Do's method (http://mrdo.mameworld.info/compile.php )

In both cases I get error messages.

Mr Do's method

After a short while I always get the following error-message when I use the command "makemame".

---------------------

Compiling src/emu/cpu/m68000/m68kmake.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/main.c...\

Compiling src/osd/windows/strconv.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/windir.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/winfile.c...

src/osd/windows/winfile.c: In function 'DWORD create_path_recursive(const TCHAR*

)':

src/osd/windows/winfile.c:358:8:error: variable 'filerr' set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]

cc1plus.exe:all warnings being treated as errors

make: ***[obj/windows/mame64/osd/windows/winfile.o] Error 1

make: ***Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Compiling src/osd/windows/winmisc.c...

---------------------

Headkaze's method (mame compiler 64)

Compiling Mame64...

Using Parameters -j5 ARCHOPTS="-march=pentium-m -msse3" MSVC_BUILD=1 PTR64=1 -f MameUI.mak

MameUI.mak:40: warning: overriding recipe for target `mameui64.exe'

makefile:700: warning: ignoring old recipe for target `mameui64.exe'

mkdir.exe -p obj/winui/vmame64

process_easy: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)

process_easy() failed to launch process (e=6)

Finished!

0 Hours 0 Minutes and 0 Seconds Elapsed.

mkdir.exe -p obj/winui/vmame64

Counted 3 args in failed launch

The patches did work, but the compiling doesn't (see errors)

I've checked everything. All my directories are correct. The diff-files are in the right place. I do not know what I am doing wrong.

It's driving me crazy :( Does anybody have a clue how I can fix this ?

Thanks in advance !

do you try to make a MAME-UI compile? it didnt worked for me too, but "normal" MAME did go all the way. give it a try, with the "normal" MAME source-code, it should go ;).

also if you want to use that MAME for a cab, i recommend "cabmame" or "groovymame", both versions are great for cab-users and have many great stuff build-in, like hiscore saves, no nag-screens, better sound sync support and arcade-perfect resolutions.

Hi U-man!

Thank you. I'll definitely check it out this week. Which one do you prefer: cabmame or groovymame?

What also comes to mind: does groovy/cab-mame also work together with the HiToText-tool for showing highscores in the gamemenu of GameEx? See picture below

post-10451-0-17093700-1363111814_thumb.j

Thanks in advance!

both save hi-scores but if this works with HiToText-tool .... i dont know, i would say yes.

if you have a ATI card, then go definetely with "groovy-mame", also NVIDIA is supported (newest version) but it is not as good as ATI which is more like "plug n´play".

if you have a NVIDIA go with "cab-MAME", as it have better support for this brand, than groovy-MAME has.

All in all, groovy-MAME is more user-friendly and it is easier to achieve "arcade-perfect" resolutions. you decide... if you looking for cab-usage, both are very good choices.

Thank you U-man and Draco!

I'll definitely check out Groovymame (although I have a Nvidia graphics card) and I also keep on trying to compile Mame using the Mamedev-website.

When I have questions I know where to ask ... :)

Thanks again!